1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Trivial Things That Annoy You Thread

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Dáibhí, Jul 13, 2014.

Discuss Trivial Things That Annoy You Thread in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. paulie walnuts Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Supermarkets charging for recyclable paper carrier bags. I thought the whole point of the charge was to discourage unnecessary plastic use.

2. Conjuring_Obey Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley song
    Not only that the bags are pointless. Put anymore than one bottle of water in there and the whole things crumbles

3. dortmunder

Screwfix. Just give me what I want and take my money. 'Create an account' my *...

4. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    That's shocking m8. Would love to know the name of the business in question as I certainly won't be giving it any of my business and I reckon every other Celtic fan should do the same.

stew37 likes this.
  5. stew37

I don't know the businesses for sure (few have been mentioned on their social media pages) but they've definitely been told to shift. My Mrs showed me their official page and they moved last week.

http://x.com/hp_scotland/status/1710699532781011404?s=20

6. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Cheers Stew. I honestly can't believe they would do that. As if the homeless don't have it hard enough as it is

7. dortmunder

Film and TV with dialogue along the lines of 'He's headed East...'. How do these feckers immediately know? I'd be out with the compass going 'Just a second, Dispatch, waiting for the needle to settle...'.

Jacob knows likes this.
  8. dortmunder

Jesus, sixteen days without anyone moaning. Must be the Brendan effect. So, back to it:
    Just bought my Da a new wee telly for the kitchen. Turned it on and:
    Download this app to your phone to continue setup.
    Create an Account.

For the luvva * why are these * always looking for new ways to * us off...

9. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman
    Interfering nosy * that keep pulling me up for putting all my household rubbish in the public bins nearby my house. I have rubbish.....its a bin.......am I really doing much wrong????? Ive gave up on remembering what rubbish goes in what coloured wheelie bin and Ive also gave up trying to remember when they are all due to be emptied. So I just take all my rubbish out with me every day and put it in the first public bin I see. Its been a few times now though that interfering * have pulled me up for it. I dont see how you can get pulled up for putting rubbish....in a bin.....where its supposed to go

Jacob knows likes this.
  10. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    you've moaned about this before. Is it really difficult to put recycled products in a recycled bin? if you don't know your collection day then check your council website.

If you fill up a litter bin daily with residential waste then they overspill, most are only emptied daily or every couple of days. If you put loads of food waste in then you are also likely to get foxes going into them.

Tim-Time 1888 likes this.
  11. Buster Gold Member Gold Member

Maybe don't buy a fish supper????

Wee Baldy likes this.
  12. Buster Gold Member Gold Member

Not seen it in ages but everyone who left Eastenders used to "head up north"

13. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman

It is actually really difficult to keep on top of what bin goes out when and what rubbish goes in what colour bin......and to make it worse the collections get less and less every year. So if you rely on your been being emptied and you miss the day for collection then you are pretty much *. This whole thing is far too complicated and needless aswell. I read somewhere that they only recycle up to a point cause it costs a fortune for councils to recycle rubbish. After they hit whatever point it is....it all just goes in to land fill anyway. So you are wasting your time really.

Plus it would be ok if I was retired with nothing better to do then concentrate on bin dates. If Im out working and paying them a * fortune in tax they can * off with their bin collection. I'll be putting my rubbish in the public bin. Its still not littering and its a lot easier

14. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    What a *.

15. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman

It really annoys me aswell when people reference the wrong direction for towns and cities from the starting point of where they are. My daughter does it. So does the bird. "Going up to Blackpool for the weekend". Naw naw naw, its definitely south to Blackpool from Scotland so no one here would be heading "up" to Blackpool. Its most definitely down.

A lot of people do it. And its not that hard as long you have a basic knowledge of geography. I am in central Scotland. So its "up to Aberdeen" or "Up to Dundee". "Down to Kilmarnock" etc etc. And if its Glasgow or Edinburgh which are to the West and the East of me.....its simply "Going through to Glasgow" or "through to Edinburgh."

There's a village called Doon though just passed Stirling which is North from me. So really you'd be saying "Im going up tae Doon"

16. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman
    Arsepiece

17. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I've worked for a company that split a councils recycling. These myths about it all going in the same place is nothing but outright lies. Sometimes recyclables get things mixed in such as food or glass shards mixed in paper and card making it very difficult to recycle but that's it. Commercial waste is a big offender of that though

Not all councils use landfill most incinerate and turn into electricity. It can vary, you can always ask your council what it does and percentages.

Tim-Time 1888 and Double Dutch like this.
  18. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Why, when you can go on the Internet and act the hard man?

19. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman

I dont think the guy is trying to act like a hard man at all. He's no done anything like that

20. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    OK slim shady