1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Not Actually that Crucial a Summer as of August 2023...beginning to now think everything isnt fine!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mr Shelby, May 3, 2023.

Discuss Not Actually that Crucial a Summer as of August 2023...beginning to now think everything isnt fine! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. honda Gold Member Gold Member

The money nearly doubles next year. £100m we was quoted to complete the bowl? Mays well get that started. No point having well over £100m sitting in the bank.

2. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Ive asked you this before but ya never came back to me mate. When are we leaving this league? Where are we going if we are? And have you a time frame?

We play in the champions League.. It doesn't get much bigger and we have lots of money.. this bullshit excuse of we play in Scotland doesn't wash.

What excuse will it be next year when the champions league money doubles?

WE ARE A CHAMPIONS LEAGUE OUTFIT.. if only we acted like one

3. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I actually think the loss is down to managerial instructions more than a poor transfer window. Afterall, our defenders were passing the ball around because they were drilled that way.

oh bhoy likes this.
  4. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    don't think we did need 5 of that level. We needed to replace Jota quicker and to a better level, a new lb and a keeper and I think we have points. That's what's more frustrating, I think for £20m or under we could have made massive improvements while still making adding some back ups at CB.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  5. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Such a tough one to take this one. I know there is criticism but in all honesty I thought we played really well last night, the loss was a cruel outcome overall.

My frustrations is the lack of activity in fixing areas that blatantly need fixing.

Taylor again, just awful and he stuck out for all the wrong reasons. Teams will and are targeting that lb area.

As for Hart, I don't even know where to begin. There is an arguement to say he had no chance saving either of the goals but I just feel a Forster or boruc standard keeper would have made the difference last night.

LB and GK positions just have to be fixed, as soon as possible.

When I saw ccv warming up I was hoping that scales was going to be moved to the left and ccv was going to join Nat in the centre. We will never know how that worked out but for me, keeping Taylor on was a risky move.

6. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    I've defended Taylor lots but I just can't anymore.. worst player on the pitch again last night, an absolute liability

7. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    If we get CCV to partner Phillips and push Scales to LB I think we may be sorted defensively. Providing scales can produce the same performances from LB.

8. themouth1888

Mate just ignore him and report posts like this.

He never offers anything to a debate just abuse. Accuses everyone else of trolling when he's the worst for it.

9. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

For me he's a CB now, it's clearly his better position, can't see him being able to deliver what we need at LB. Would be unfair on him to play him there.

10. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    He's played wing back for Rovers so I don't think it would be a problem mate. He deserves a chance rather than getting dropped because CCV is back.. my opinion anyway

11. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Absolute nonsense..

12. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

When he's played left back for us before, I don't think he had enough, pace or skill.. but maybe more asked of him by Ange.. Maybe LCB in a back 3 could work..

For me now that CCV is back it should be Scales that parners him for the moment, he's earned it.

13. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    It's the same scenario nearly every year. Outwith Jota and CCV who were actually loans first, but it's always as many bodies instead of quality bodies.

Its like a scene from The Mandalorian, all dressed up in their suits and their * tie with Hoopy Faces on saying we have £20m to sign, but we can't have only 3, we need to sign 10 bodies with that, and them all go "This is the way".

14. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team to play for
    Remember the day when we could start with

Jota, Kyogo, Maeda

Then swap them all on 60 mins for
    Abada, Giakoumakis, Haksabanovic

Crilly, oh bhoy and NakamuraTastic like this.
  15. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    I have to say. I hate all passing around at the back sometimes...just flipping clear your lines when in danger

16. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Today's football trends leave room for common sense. I'm going to fake a resume and UEFA badges and get myself to be in the running for the Celtic manager post.:31::56: Charlatans are ruining the club.

17. oh bhoy

aye there is a time and place for it when you are 2 or 3 goals up and trying to kill the game but not as your go to stratedgy

18. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    If you truly believe that, then you're a gullible moron.

Crilly likes this.
  19. FrankMcCallum

Let’s add Braga, Lens, and war torn Shakhtar Donetsk to the ever growing list of huge clubs with billion pound budgets that have managed to pick up victories on this CL match day, and the modern day powerhouses of Young Boys of Berne and Crvena Zvezda who managed a point apiece.

But Celtic are incapable of this, because we are so inferior, and no one wants to play in Scotland apparently. We’re all just happy to be there and be such a well run club.

Twisty, NakamuraTastic and James like this.
  20. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    People would rather just jump in and blame it all on the manager and players, and whilst they aren't faultless, they're missing the bigger picture, we're run by some of the least ambitious people in Football.

As long as we're ahead of Rangers, which isn't in the least bit difficult currently, the board are clearly happy with what's going on. I'll never get tired of domestic success, but the lack of anything in Europe, under multiple managers now, is depressing.

I mean, signing a player from the second division of Korea as our main enforcer this season, replacing Jota with 2 in-experienced wingers and a player that looks better through the middle, and not bringing in any sort of back-up to Hart and Taylor? The lack of any sort of ambition is depressing.

Twisty and NakamuraTastic like this.