1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Jeremie Frimpong

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by MickeyyMack, Sep 2, 2019.

Discuss Jeremie Frimpong in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JamesM09

No but they have the euros and the WC every 4 years so there is a year in between where players shouldn’t need to compete in a tournament and get some time to be with their family, although the greedy * at FIFA are trying to get rid of that too.

I can see why a player being called up for senior tournaments can rightly say they don’t also want to be called up for an u21 tournament.

It’s lazy to just assume they’re turning their nose up and it’s arrogant of an FA to use a player like that then make them out to be the bad guy.

By comparison, Gravenberch is a full international and has knocked back the u21 squad for this break. You can see how this is different because he’s not being asked to do more, he’s just essentially being ‘demoted’ for lack of a better word.

To be honest, I can sympathise with him a bit too but also see why criticism would be fair. Frimpong is right to say no, though.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2023
  2. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I just think it was his last hurrah for the U21’s, if he went there are they did well he’d be held in high regard with the senior team. For me he’s got more to his game than Dumfries and should be starting.

Punishing him is petty. Gravenberch pulling out to concentrate on his move to Liverpool is fair too. Settle into the city and train. But he played in the Summer and has more caps than Frimpong.

I think once you get a full call up you shouldn’t be eligible for the U21’s. But that’s a different argument.

NakamuraTastic and JamesM09 like this.
  3. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I never see the point of players playing under 21 Internationals, they're nothing but friendlies and a waste of time. Even the competitions include people who are sometimes 23, theres no point of it.

They should cut off International youth football at under 19.

Think of Abada for example, who here would be happy to see him playing Under 21 games for Australia? I think he can even still play for them for another 2 years. Theres absolutley no point of him playing those games, they're * and teams are all disjointed and mediocre anyway. Complete waste of time.

4. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I’d be worried if Abada was playing U21 football for Oz.

NakamuraTastic and The_Bhoy like this.
  5. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

6. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Good, that'll increase his price for teams after him

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  7. kinglenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Oh my days!!!! Good news for us.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  8. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Accepted apparently

Ghanaian defender, Jeremie Frimpong has signed a new contract at German Bundesliga side, Bayer Leverkusen.

The 22-year-old extended his contract to June 2028 following an impressive start to the new season.

Frimpong has been on the radar of several clubs including English giants Manchester United, but opted to stay in Germany.

"Jeremie Frimpong has not just developed into an extremely popular figure in our squad over the past few years," said Simon Rolfes, Bayer Leverkusen's sporting managing director.

"At the moment, he is one of the best players in the Bundesliga in his position as an attacking right-back. The contract extension underlines Jeremie's importance to our Werkself," he added.

The Dutch youth international joined Bayer Leverkusen in 2021 and has since been a key player for the Bundesliga outfit.

"It was a no brainer for me," said the right-back after concluding the deal.

Frimpong is yet to play for the Netherlands at the senior level but the Ghana Football Association are set to hold talks over a potential nationality switch.

https://t.co/A9aqRBy6aq

9. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

"Jeremie Frimpong has not just developed into an extremely popular figure in our squad over the past few years," said Simon Rolfes, Bayer 04 sporting managing director. "At the moment, he is one of the best players in the Bundesliga in his position as an attacking right-back. The contract extension underlines Jeremie's importance to our Werkself.”

Bayer 04 signed the 22-year-old Frimpong from the Scottish top-flight club Celtic two and a half years ago. "A lot has happened since then, we've experienced great things and continually improved as a team," said Frimpong. "It's great fun to be part of this team.”

10. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

A goal tonight

11. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    The Real rumours are very persistent and his form this season upping another level, for a team that will be closely watched by Real because of Alonso being monitored for Carlo leaving.

It seems likely, have we ever had a player leave us, and then go to Real? We bought Gravesen from Real but moving onto Real, I don’t think’s ever been done.

Larsson moved on to Barca, past his peak as well, which is amazing cos how much a hero he is there still.

But seeing guys we’ve played a part in developing move on to the biggest in the game, it’s only going to benefit us. We can point to Van Dijk winning CL’s and Premierships, voted for Balon d’Or and will big up his time here as part of what made him.

Or Frimpong getting his chance here and ending up at Real. That sort of *, gets you better players. We need to develop the reputation of coming here is something players are desperate to do, due to them seeing guys before them going to the top because they were forged in fire at Celtic.

BigWilly and Crilly like this.
  12. jj81

I never knew he was frim pong in Korea.

( @CelticChampion I'm stealing your * joke mantel )

13. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Picked some random pages to have a look at in this thread, and honestly it’s hilarious that the same people will continually complain about not bringing real quality or potential because the stingy board are evil, were slaughtering this boy.

Who can lay claim to being one of the best in the world in his position over the last two years.

You think * like that would humble *.

14. TheHappyLoss

Hands up, I didn’t really rate him :giggle1::52:

Liam Scales likes this.
  15. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I always like wee Frimpong, his outlook and attitude was first class...good to see he's mibbes getting a move to one of the big boys and we get to benefit from it, bonus!.

Crilly likes this.
  16. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Always rated him mental that his last season with us how many times as a team we were relying on our right back to make things happen and create goals, at such a young age aswell

King of Kings and BigWilly like this.
  17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Right now, is it between him, Walker and Hakimi for best RB’s in the world?

The_Bhoy likes this.
  18. BigWilly Free Palestine and Ukraine Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Willy
    I really hope we included a sell on clause

MickeyyMack and Hammy89 like this.
  19. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Crazy, still can’t believe how much he’s improved in every area since leaving. He was good, but still so raw. Never in a million years saw that trajectory for him

20. Easydays

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy Mc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Nice goal from him 3-0 against Bayern

HoopyT likes this.