1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Rocco Vata

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Liam Scales, Jul 8, 2021.

Discuss Rocco Vata in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I'm sorry but how can you say Tilio or Yang aren't the level we need? Remind me again of Jota's sterling career before he came here?

2. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Because they aren't.

Yang looks promising, but as did/does Abada in his own ways.

Jota was a massive talent that we've lost. You want to improve and strengthen, you don't sign another project (or 5) in the hope that they make the grade. You go straight out and sign a ready made replacement.

That means going out there and signing a 25, 26 year old with some experience in a decent league, a reasonable track record and fits our style of play.

Not a bunch of 20-22 year olds that still have 3-5 years development and hope that they make you a tidy sum.

As shown with GG and Juranovic, 26 year olds in decent leagues in our price range are out there. And they can still turn a small profit, while actually instantly improving the side.

With zero disrespect to Yang, tilio or Palma, these guys are projects, here for the club to try and capture the next 20m player.

We shouldn't be signing these guys, or so many of them, while we also want (at least the fans) to see our own youth develop.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

3. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Remind me again of Jota's sterling career before he came here?

Sonic Reducer likes this.
  4. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

So we've to replace a 25 million pound player with what? 6/7/8/9/10 mill?

Is it the price tag that is the issue with Yang or Tillio?

We didn't seem to have an issue raiding Asia last season?

If Eddy was leaving today would we be happy with a guy from the J league in Japan?

5. Sgt Neppers*

I agree to a point about the bloated nature of the squad. I don't see Haksa as a winger despite him being put in the left. He's also wanting out if rumours are correct and may go next week. Maeda as well. He's a striker. So I include him wi Oh and Kyogo in our forwards.

MJ is permanently injured or on loan. So despite him being here, is just never an option. He's just collecting a wage and needs to go.

So that's Yang, Tillio, Palma, Forrest (very very sparingly) and Vata. Think that's healthy enough. And shows why he should be given opportunity to break through.

Edit. Totally forgot about Abada. So very healthy indeed. Still opportunity with injury etc to get solid minutes over a 60 game season.

Certainly to early to be selling him. A loan somewhere else should happen before selling.

6. Sgt Neppers*

Bench-fica. :giggle1:

Artorias, HoopyT and Sean Daleer like this.
  7. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Missing the point Sean

Yes he was one of many "projects" as well, although he came from a better league and a better academy with a better pedigree.

Again, still not the point.

The point is, he was a great player for us that we haven't replaced.

We stick to unearthing gems and projects, we won't ever improve or go forward. While other clubs across Europe clearly are.

8. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

But how do you know we haven't replaced him? Your making assumptions based on their price tag and where they came from.

Ironically the same treatment you gave Ange on page one of his thread.

I'll ask again. If Brendan was in charge 2 years ago and Eddy was halfway out the door and we were replacing him with a guy from the J league. Would you have seen that as progress?

9. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    It's isn't that Yang or Tilio aren't comparative to Jota when he first signed, it's the perceived lack of "intent".

It's a movie we've seen over and over and over again when we lose our best players.

I'm still personally traumatized that we replaced Henrik Larsson with Henri * Kamara.

Did we ever "replace" Wanyama? Or Tierney? Etc etc.

I don't think anyone doesn't have a real hope these players kill it.
    But the reality is more often than not, we lose a top class player, and replace them with a player or players, who literally couldn't lace their boots.

Nobody is, or was, expecting the club to spend every penny of the Jota money on a direct like for like. But when we see realtive pittance being spent on "projects" to replace top tier talent, especially given the big fees received , the anxiety kicks in.

For example... KT. Is there ANYONE, ANY Celtic fan right now who thinks that Greg Taylor is good enough to be our first choice LB? Nevermind KTs "replacement" ?

I was personally told to get a grip in the Crucial Summer thread when I said Jota would NOT be replaced. I was given a guarantee from a poster (I'll save him /her the public shame) that we would 100 percent and definitely spend big money on a real replacement.

We're currently haggling over a few hundred grand on a fee for his "replacement", that will cost us less than 1/7th of the fee we received. A player with supposed great potential , but no real pedigree to speak of.

The transfer model is great. Buy low, sell high.

But what's the * point when it takes spending 15m on four players for one position that needs one "big" buy, spending less.

Do we "need" Tilio? No. We NEEDED Jota. And we still need a"Jota".

As I said, we continue this spending policy , we pish money up the wall more often than not. One 10m pound player has a far greater likelihood of success than two or three 3m signings who will end up "stealing a wage".

It's financially ludicrous.

Peej likes this.
  10. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

And you know Tilio isn't Jota how?

Been following the lad for the last 5 years aye?

11. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Possibly true, yeah.
    But in the situation that dos unfold, we trusted (eventually) Ange knew that market in Japan. I'd certainly have been more wary of Rodgers signing randomly from there.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  12. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Kyogo was his first signing though was he not?

I'm fairly sure 80% of this messageboard was still saying Ange gone before Christmas when Kyogo signed.

Look mate. I agree. We are sitting on mountains of cash. I'm not being awkward for the sake of it.

We need to spend money.

I just think we will.

13. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Rising Celtic star Rocco Vata is the subject of a significant six-figure bid.

A club from one of Europe’s top leagues has made the move, with Torino and Club Brugge among the sides who have ramped up their interest in recent weeks. It is unclear who has made the first move but it includes significant add-ons.

Celtic see Vata as one of the jewels from their academy but he is now in the final year of his contract. The Hoops want the striker to extend but it is looking increasingly unlikely. The 18-year-old wants to explore his options and is keen to see if a deal can be done this month. He has been frustrated with his lack of first-team opportunities. Republic of Ireland youth cap Vata has been on fire for the B team but has struggled to make an impact under Brendan Rodger’s

He was part of the first-team squad on the pre-season tour but returned to the train with the B team. Vata has scored five goals in four games in the Lowland League

That saw him get promoted back to training with the first-team. Vata was in the Celtic squad for last weekend’s clash with St Johnstone but didn’t make the bench. His chances to break into the first team will become an even bigger challenge when Celtic wrap up a deal for winger Luis Palma and if they add another striker.

14. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Can we not do a Man City? Sell for £15 mil with absolutely no senior professional appearances?

15. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

16. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    If it's the difference of a couple hundred K, I'd be inclined to not sell him but actually get him involved. He should have been in the bench as a striker option against St Johnstone given we had none and he's scoring for fun with the B team. Give the boy a chance and we might just have a player that will stay with us.

There's no need to wait till people turn 20 odd or farm out a load of lower league loans, give youth a chance

17. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    We could regret not keeping more home grown players in the future.

Artorias and greengrocer like this.
  18. Turnbulls right peg

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and over
    If they have any ambition about them and believe they can play at a higher level they aren't just going to sit and make up the numbers for a homegrown quota.

We as a support must take a share of the blame for (some) of these bhoys leaving.

This thread is full of comments about how we've not replaced Jota because we've not spent £10m on a winger, can you imagine the backlash if Rodgers genuinely thought Vata was it and they came out and told the fans we had a replacement in house?

These kids never get a chance to show what they've got to offer because of our bloated squad full of transfers that haven't worked out

Double Dutch likes this.
  19. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I know this is a Vata thread…

…But it’s pretty mental Tillio is being written off before he has even played.

We had no idea about Jota and we have no idea about Tillio.

He have no idea about Bernardo and we had no idea about Hatate.

I could go on and on.

20. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    We want to but they keep getting snapped up. Doak to Liverpool, the two boys off to Bayern. It's murder.

Gabriel likes this.