1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Rocco Vata

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Liam Scales, Jul 8, 2021.

Discuss Rocco Vata in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. oh bhoy

there is complete apathy towards retaining our best first team players nevermind youth players. if vata signed a new contract and turned out to be the next lionel messi we would sell him as soon as someone waved a bit of cash anyway .

2. Twisty Champions Again !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    If you can play reserve football in England and earn 10 x what you can here, while playing against a higher standard of opposition, what chance have we got ? You would need to cement your place in our first team for a few seasons before earning the same amount probably.

3. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I do think some of them would definitely stay a bit longer, 2 or 3 years if we showed that they would get time and money. And also we can pay more. I've read Shaw and Urighede were on between 4-7k a week, both playing a combined 50 pro games before coming here. We paid about 300k each for them too. Others in recent years like O'Connor and Connell. Why can't that money go to our youths? I agree not all but we could offer 5k to some. If they felt they had the chance to be the next Jamesy or Calmac, especially if you are a Celtic fan. They don't though as Celtic has no plan for their development, or at the very least appears to.

If they stay here now they get 1k a week and a chance to play 2 minutes of a dead rubber game. Sounds gash to me.

4. Bangarangura

Not even in the squad , what's going on with him?

5. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    We’ve definitely got to do something and it’s really worth it to get a homegrown fan of the club to the first team. We need these kids coming through to show those who join Celtic what it means to play for us. Think CalMac and James, they’ve been showing the new bhoys what it means to play for Celtic. They are our future Captains and we should start treating them like that.

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  6. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Playing for the B team tonight

And he’s scored

BhoyFitz, The_Bhoy and Rydo1888* like this.
  7. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Gutting if he leaves. He’s gonna be some player. Imagine if we’d kept both him and doak….

BhoyFitz likes this.
  8. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    He might have scored also in the defeat by East Kilbride.

That alone is your problem

9. Paradise_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Is he going to be some player? Lots thought the same about karamoko and our coaches clearly know better than we do in terms of his game time and why he hasn’t played as much.

I’m more excited about McPherson Summers and Anderson those 3 could definitely make it with us more so than vata

I’m not saying he’s bad but he has been training in and around the first team has had minutes at a young age if he agent wants him to leave then let him leave simple.

We’ve integrated numerous youngsters into our squad over the past 12 to 14 months if they work hard they can make it and get minutes. It’s also hard for the gaffer as the pressure to win every game is huge and throwing on youngsters isn’t an option sometimes.

Different if you’re 4 nil up give them 15 to 20 minutes like they have been getting then out on loan into the league or to Admira

10. Paradise_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    we tried to keep Doak done everything we could offered him good terms Liverpool blew us out the water with the package on offer. What more do you want us to do he was getting first team minutes do enlighten me on how we could have kept Doak?

11. Bangarangura

It's a hypothetical, I don't think he's saying that we didn't try to keep him

The_Bhoy likes this.
  12. Mr Cleansheets

Been said before but a big part of the problem is the pathway - not enough good level games for the B team against quality opposition. Combine that with fan expectations for unrelenting success and Celtic managers won't trust youth.

Youth won't develop without first team minutes.

Catch 22...

NakamuraTastic and BhoyFitz like this.
  13. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Doak seems to be a once in a generation player though. We need to start thinking along the lines of paying these once in a generation players as a first team player and not as a youth.

I don’t know what Liverpool offered, but surely we could have matched that because I doubt he’s getting paid anymore than our first team players. He was about to become a first team player over the next year or so, and I dare say it he could have possibly got CL minutes last year.

Pushing the boat out every 5-10 years to keep these once in a generation players is the only way we will be able to keep our youth players.

BhoyFitz likes this.
  14. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Karamoko never seemed to get much of a chance, we could be 3 or 4 up and Lennon wouldn't sub him on. It was madness, he could have developed with proper game time.

They haven't got appearances for 20 minutes when 3 or 4 up though, they may get 10 at most. Ange gave youth time in 21/22 out of necessity but in 22/23 he just didn't. Summers, Vata and Lawal got a combined 7 appearances last season, with a combined 53 minutes. We were 4 nil up at half time against Morton, Lawal got 3 minutes. There were 7 games we were 3 up at half time and several others where were were 3 up after 70 minutes.

Born green, BhoyFitz and The_Bhoy like this.
  15. Paradise_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Karamoko has flopped in France aswell you can see he’s not a regular over there don’t see the hype with him tbh.

that’s down to the manager regarding game time. Rodgers did give a few young players ago at Leicester in games when he was manager. Like Thomas and Dewsbury-Hall etc so I think it’s down to the manager. And some of them might not be putting it in at training

16. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Why you so angry? Haha “enlighten me”…. Not tryna enlighten anyone pal haha. I merely said “imagine we had kept them”. Woulda replied to both points but sounds like you need 5 ma bhoy :50:

17. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

18. Paradise_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    not angry ma man just curious that was all wasn’t trying to come across that way. Just curious on people’s view on it hence enlighten me and see if it then makes me think he’s got a good point

19. Damnati

This is probably where our signing policy hurts us but the club would be skewered if we weren't making signings. It's a fine line to tread.

I'll be really disappointed if he leaves anyway, I'd like to see more appearances in the first team.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  20. wulliebad

Why do we even bother with youth and B teams.:54:

Tommy25 and Rydo1888* like this.