1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Joe Hart

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Callum McGregor, Aug 3, 2021.

Discuss Joe Hart in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Pretty obvious Bain will be our number 1. The new manager did sign him and give him a 4 year deal previously :ange2:

2. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

3. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Would be more than happy to keep him around next season, and he'll benefit a lot more from Rodgers style than Ange's, but I hope we're targeting a GK to properly challenge/replace him for next season.

James Mc and BhoyFitz like this.
  4. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

5. FranceCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - McGregor, Past - Lubo
    #letsgo...... :fear::fear::fear::fear:

6. King Kwon Gold Member Gold Member

7. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Joe Hart insists he can't wait to work under Brendan Rodgers as he paid tribute to former Celtic boss Ange Postecoglou.

The Treble-winners returned to Lennoxtown for pre-season training as they met Rodgersfor the first time since the Northern Irishman's return. Rodgers addressed his new squad of players on day one and told them how he aims to build on last season's clean sweep.

Hart faced ex-Liverpool gaffer Rodgers during his time at Manchester City and admits he has huge respect for the 50-year-old. Speaking today, he said: "We've only been together a couple of days down. But look, he's an exceptional guy. I've had run ins with him in the past as an opponent, I actually bumped into him a few times on holiday. He's a lovely person, first and foremost, which is very important.

He's very successful with a huge drive and he's laid it on the line. He actually stood here in front of us and let us know how proud he was about what we did last year, but that was last year, and we now have to build on it and try and improve and push each other.

He's super positive, you can tell that he absolutely loves the club. If he was to take his managerial hat off, he's a Celtic fan but he's made it very clear that he's able to separate business and pleasure and we're here to work.

"We're here to be successful, push each other, try and get the best out of each other. He wants to push the young guys, he wants the older guys to help. They are very clear messages and I'm really excited to work under him."

Meanwhile Hart expressed his gratitude to the man who brought him to Parkhead from Tottenham Hotspur, Postecoglou, as the Aussie headed in the opposite direction.

He said: "We shared two really special years together. With success, people are interested in what you're going to be doing next. Ange had a decision to make and he made it. We absolutely loved working under him, I really enjoyed my time personally.

"I really got on with him as a person and I wish him all the best. Football's got this magical way of moving, and next we got the news that Brendan's coming in and we've got a new focus and a new task."

8. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team to play for
    Looks likely that we'll be getting a new no1 in:

"Football Scotland understands the Hoops' recruitment meetings have shown up the goalkeeping position as one area in particular the club are hoping to add to in the coming weeks."

Also thought it was weird the way Joe said he really hopes to be a part of Forest's testimonial.

9. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Future position as goalkeeper coach

Noskeil and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  10. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Think he would make a fantastic GK coach, wealth of experience for clubs and country, good passion for the game still, I genuinely believe we gave Joe a spark again, absolutely love seeing him smile talking about us or football in general. He's also got an great character, younger keeper will get a buzz from that.

Also great to see him pushing Tobi too, must see the potential in him.

Random Review and James Mc like this.
  11. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Aye he’s got the makings of an outstanding coach the years of the road

Learning under different managers and styles will help

Noskeil likes this.
  12. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

BRENDAN RODGERS doesn’t expect Joe Hart to ping 80-yard passes to Kyogo Furuhashi’s feet.

But the Celtic boss insists the veteran English goalie can still be his Ed Bhoy next season.

Hart has never been viewed the best sweeper keeper in the game — but Rodgers reckons that’s unfair.

While Man City No 1 Ederson has an array of passes most outfield players dream of, the Hoops goalie keeps it simple.

Rodgers said: “It’s for me to assess everything but I have always liked Joe. He’s 36 but he trains so hard every day and he’s a great influence around this changing room.

“That will be really important and you can never underestimate that.

He is undervalued in terms of what he can do with his feet. I don’t need him to be Ederson at Man City — I just need him to keep the ball out of the net.

Then when the ball comes back to him, I just need him to play simple.

“From what I have seen so far, and from Celtic games in the past, I think he can do that.

“So yeah, that question maybe applies for later on, but as I see Joe now, he’s been fantastic for Celtic and a great influence.

Like I say, I will assess it over time.”

13. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    :party:

Noskeil likes this.
  14. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Rodgers will say all the right things just now, but i think he will look to replace Hart.

15. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I'm hoping he's just happy that he saved a penalty, rather than being another * that doesn't know anything about Harts record.

16. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Comes across as sarcastic but tbh that's why I found it funny. Tbf Hart's penalty record over his entire career is actually ok. Similar numbers to Boruc I believe.

dbhoy72 likes this.
  17. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    It's better and he's one off Forster who we all know that any Celtic fan wants to come out with the usual * that he's the pk king, lol. We Celtic fans don't usually talk pish, thats usually left to hun *, but that's possibly the only 1 thing that they don't outdo talking pish more than us.

Wllm likes this.
  18. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Definitely will.

Random Review likes this.
  19. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Don't think he couldn't save it! Was going that way from the run up, which to be fair Joe read, all the player needed to do was hit it the other way, there was about 3/4 of a goal to place it haha

Wllm likes this.
  20. Peter T. Lawwell Esq Chairman of Celtic FC PLC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    JOE'S MY NUMBER 1 SAYS RODGERS BUT FANS THINK HIS HART'S NOT IN IT