1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Marco Tilio

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mr Shelby, Jun 30, 2023.

Discuss Marco Tilio in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Where were you two (and other Captain Hindsights) when I and one or two others were taking pelters on here for questioning this same thing at the time we were signing Iwata, Kobayashi, etc?

Mr Shelby likes this.
  2. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

3. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Is that no Joel fi * Hollyoaks?

4. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

with the signing of Marco Tilio.

Rodgers says the Australian forward, who joined from Melbourne City, will provide a "really good" attacking option.

"He's slight in stature, but he's very quick and dynamic," the Celtic boss said of the 21-year-old.

"The recruitment team had a few signings they were well down the route with [before I came in}. When I had a look, I was really impressed with what I saw. Marco can play in a couple of positions and he scores goals."

5. jamiebhoy67

They are really pushing this guy on the socials ahah hoping it's because he will.be a special player

6. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The scouting podcast I heard about him hyped him up and the footage of him looks good. I think he's going to be a very entertaining player for us.

Wllm likes this.
  7. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    We all heard that with Daniel Arzani from the Aussies was the best thing since sliced bread though. Granted he had a bad injury but he's faded into obscurity now. Just genuinely get the feeling Aussies would overly hype a ghosty if they done one.

8. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Aussie poster on here said he never fully recovered from thst injury which is a shame

Noskeil likes this.
  9. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Aye well it was a * horrendous injury and he's never recovered from that. The hype I've heard hasn't come from an Aussie though.

Noskeil likes this.
  10. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

11. Mr Cleansheets

Yep, terrible injury. He was a magical player who'd just starred off the bench at the World Cup in Russia and the world was his oyster.

I've never understood the bile he's had on here after getting injured on debut but it might have been something to do with Mark Schwarzer and other Aussie pundits saying he was too good for Celtic and should have gone elsewhere. I get why that would * off any self-respecting Bhoy and it had some people death riding him before he even graced Paradise.

Apparently he's just joined Melbourne Victory and if he can get back to just half as good as he was he's still young enough to have a decent career. Never looked the same since his ACL though.

PaddyJamieson likes this.
  12. jamiebhoy67

Always felt sorry arzani by all accounts that injury was all but a career ending injury for the guy

Blochairnbhoy, Rogicisgod and Tommy25 like this.
  13. Rogicisgod

Yep, that injury took all the explosiveness out of his game, which is what made him a stand out.

So cruel, it also shot his confidence to ribbons.

Football is probably just a pretty good paycheck now. The hype around Arzani was real.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  14. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

The more I see of this guy in YouTube videos the better I think he'll be. Could really make an impact.

15. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Was pretty underwhelmed with the transfer originally, but I'm actually quite excited to see how he gets on.

By all accounts his biggest issue is consistency, and if we were signing him under Ange, I'd be a lot more pessimistic of his chances here.

Rodgers biggest skills is how he improves players, and Tilio seems like the perfect mould for that. We should 100% be bringing in a more experienced winger alongside Jun, but Tilio will definitely play a big part this season.

16. PaddyJamieson

I feel like this will go one of two ways. Either he'll barely get a kick, or he'll make an impression early doors and end up having an Abada-esque debut season. Obviously hope it's the latter.

17. Mr Cleansheets

Obviously it depends on a lot of variables, not least who else gets bought in that spot, but I'd say he's more developed than Abada was when he came here at 19. Tilio is 21, already on the fringes of the NT, has a heap more professional matches under his belt (than Abada had) and will be champing at the bit to make a big impression in Europe.

Aussies usually take a bit of time to adapt to Euro conditions but if Tilio does well in pre-season and gets his confidence up, he could figure prominently this season.

That said, I would also like to see Rocco Vata get a go this year. There's room for a few attacking wingers in the squad. Is it still five subs now?

18. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Was listening to a 20 minute tims pod cast and they had an analytical guy on and he was raving about Marco, reckons he’ll be as good as Jota and thinks he’ll be nicknamed the Aussie Messi.

Sounds promising

19. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I feel like when you call someone (insert nationality here) Messi, Ronaldo or Bale etc you've instantly jinxed their career.

Noskeil, NomDePlum and Mr Cleansheets like this.
  20. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    He needs to sort that * wig out.

Can't stand that General Zod , dumb and dumber * fringe. That walloper at Sevco has it too.

Get his heid skepled a la Broon.

Mr Cleansheets likes this.