1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Marco Tilio

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mr Shelby, Jun 30, 2023.

Discuss Marco Tilio in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lewis Kerr

Meh

bhroom likes this.
  2. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

Shouldnt have been on our radar according to folk i've spoken to.

Reminds me of Lewis Morgan tbh.

3. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    You expecting Messi aye

4. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Looking forward to seeing him, same as Odin.

JC Anton and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  5. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Feel the same, no the lads fault just some of the news coming out about Jota etc has me also feeling deflated.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Welcome..

Hopefully hits the ground running..

7. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    He's a squad addition.

Most players across Europe are still on holiday. I predict our business to ramp up in July.

Need to be patient.

JC Anton likes this.
  8. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    He's not coming in to replace Jota or even Abada, he's almost certainly Forrest's replacement.

Either way, good luck to the lad.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  9. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Looks quick, direct and good on both feet. Definitely potential there but he wont be a starter for sure.

10. horseshoe

But is being patient as much fun as foaming at the mouth, punching walls and shouting * LAWWELL for no reason?

11. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Welcome :shamrock:

12. bhoy81

Squad player or not if this was a marquee signing it would be different we both know it.

Nothing wrong with people telling the truth on how they feel to be fair.

13. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    No and I'm not saying you shouldn't.

My point is there's no reason to feel deflated as if Jota goes this isn't his replacement. By all means we should be deflated and * off if no * else comes in.

But thats not gonna be the case.

JC Anton likes this.
  14. bhoy81

Aye I get what you are saying but I wasn’t thinking he was Jota’s replacement just the fact I feel deflated due to the everything else that’s going on.

Felt like we should be coming from a position of strength and I feel like we are now much weaker at the moment.

Massive summer ahead but I just have this horrible gut feeling. Hope I am wrong though.

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  15. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Time will tell.

I don't think we've downgraded manager wise and most of these players have been here 2 years now all in. Even if he's only 1 year into a permanent deal.

Thats normally the cycle sadly nowadays for talented players with us.

I'll judge fully come September 1st. That's when I'll worry if needs be.

16. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I remember one window, think it was a January window, where we signed two project players (Gutman and Perez) on deadline day, after hoping for some more established signings the entire window. Was incredibly deflating and neither even played an official game for us, yet the club paraded them like they were big signings.

It's far, far better to get any project signings out the way now, so we can focus on more established players.

17. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic are delighted to announce the signing of Australian internationalist, Marco Tilio on a five-year deal subject to the usual international clearance.

The 21-year-old attacking winger signs from A-League champions, Melbourne City who he joined in 2020 from hometown club, Sydney FC.

The new Hoops striker told Celtic TV: “I’m ecstatic that I’m coming over to Europe, coming to such a big club and team, and I’m super-excited.

“I hope to bring all my qualities, take on players in and around the box, help the team contribute to goals with assists and hopefully put a few in the back of the net as well.

“It’s an amazing opportunity for myself and having seen Aussies go over there and do well at such a prestigious club, it’s a massive opportunity for myself that I couldn’t deny.

“And being around those guys, Aaron Mooy and Tommy Rogic, in the national team camp over recent years, obviously helped make my decision easier.”

A move to Europe was always on the horizon for the new Celt, as he said: “It’s always been a plan ever since I moved over to Melbourne three years ago.

“It was my plan to go over and do well, and hopefully proceed to go on to different and bigger and better things, and now I think is the time for me to come over to Europe and really challenge myself.

‘And I’m really excited with the opportunity I have to come to this club and hopefully I put my best foot forward and play some good football.’

“I think it’s a massive opportunity to be a part of a team that plays in the Champions League, and have a winning mentality in bringing trophies. I think that’s important.

“And as a player that’s what you want to be a part of and what you want to do is win trophies, win games. For me it’s always been about that here in Australia and I want to come over there and do the same thing.”
    Amid all the arrangements to make the trip from one side of the world to the other, the new Celt still found the time to catch up with Hoops manager, Brendan Rodgers.

He said: “I did have a chat with him a few days ago and I was really excited to have the opportunity to speak to him, and the plan the club has for me and for the team is a great opportunity as I said I couldn’t deny, and I’m really looking forward to getting over there to Scotland.

“I’m just finalising a few things and I’m trying to pack up everything here in Australia, and as soon as I can, I’ll head over to Scotland, meet all the team, the whole club.

‘I’m really excited about that and hopefully I can get over there as soon as possible and get right into the thick of things.’

“I think it’s amazing, obviously the pre-season is so long, it drags on, and in Europe it’s a lot shorter than what it is here, so I’m looking forward to getting right into it and playing games, and I think that’s exciting as well that you get over and start to gel with the team as much as possible before the competitions and season starts.”

Tilio will wear the same No.23 shirt with Celtic that we wore while with Melbourne, and he said: “My birthday is August 23, and 23 is sort of my lucky number, so it’s done me well over my time here in Melbourne and I want to carry that on coming over to Celtic.”

18. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Welcome and good luck.

19. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

20. bhoy81

I think it’s just the timing and how it’s all happened that’s took the wind out of people.

Thing is I want us to get the most money for our players, I mean the talented ones, I feel like we got undercut with JJ and big Jackie.

Don’t want this to happen with Jota.

I would be worrying before 1st September to be fair. Want our business done early like we have done previously instead of going back to the old ways of last minute.

BhoyFitz and Mr Shelby like this.