1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Rodgers leaving mid season was unforgivable but it was obvious for a while that he had major issues with Lawwell. He felt he wasn’t being supported by the board so couldn’t really take the team any further.
    This isn’t the case with Ange, he has been well backed by Nicholson and I absolutely believe that he could have taken us further if he’d stuck around.
    I’m more disappointed with Ange leaving than I was when BR * off.

2. Peter T. Lawwell Esq Chairman of Celtic FC PLC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Get this moved to the ex players section and bring back ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶̶̶̶R̶a̶t̶'̶s Saint Brendan's

3. Foley1888

That last point is probably the only thing I hold against Ange here.

Massive if this is all true how it’s played out which I believe the evidence is staring us in the face it is. Having given Ange an opportunity I think he could have been more honest with Nicolson etc about where his head was at. Then they can start to put feelers out too.

Then even in a scenario where Ange didn’t go it’s just feelers but at least it gets the ball rolling.

Not saying I want any of these coaches but guys out of work like Rodgers, Marsh, and some of the other names if they were of interest conversations could have already been had.

What I just hope we don’t do is try and be cheap here. We need to be offering the improvements we were willing to give Ange to the right candidate for us, the big budget, boosted analytics capability etc. scope to build their own coaching staff and playing staff.

It is likely our club will find itself in the best cash rich position the club has possibly ever been in this summer. How we and a new manager use that determines where we go from here.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  4. JamesM09

I get what you're saying, but I think the agent stuff is rumours and misdirection. How exactly could his agent have been trying to get the Spurs gig for months, for example? Like what would that even involve?

I personally believe things have moved quickly with Spurs. There has been a strong indication they only moved Ange up their shortlist in the last week or two as they received rejections from others.

I think there's a lot of sour grapes because he's leaving (not necessarily you) and it's easier for people to accept the rejection if they make him out to be a bad guy.

I don't blame anyone being disappointed or even bitter and angry towards him tbh, but we're seeing people make things up and unfairly criticise how he handled the situation, which I think is nonsense.

Pogues and Boruc17 like this.
  5. murphy88

Totally agree with this. Rodgers felt no loyalty to the board in my opinion. Not signing McGinn was clearly the straw that broke the camels back.

Blochairnbhoy and paulie walnuts like this.
  6. JamesM09

Ha ha ha.

Good one Eddie.

7. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    He was working his ticket before that. We broke our transfer record to sign Eddie for him and he tries to * off to China with Dembele. Didn't matter if the board backed him or not that summer he had already mentally checked out

8. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    How do you know they haven’t had they conversations in the background?

9. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Some folk on here man holy *.

10. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

11. murphy88

He still brought in Luiz, Kante and Alonso. Three players who were vital in winning the league.

By the way, if Conte had come here when Ange did, he would have just as much if not one more trophy than Ange, and probably would have done better in Europe as well.

littlekennie likes this.
  12. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I didn't say that.

I said that if it's as simple as the EPL being the EPL, with it's money, standards and level of opposition, the same logic needs to be applied to Rodgers. Just in case of any doubt, I don't want Rodgers back either, I think there is others out there who could and should be appointed first.

Do you genuinely believe he's walking out the front door with his head held high? Given that new information is coming out more and more about what he and his agents have been up to behind the clubs back for weeks? Don't say "he should be but he won't because of the reaction" or some nonsense like that. Is Ange, that straight shooting man we have fell in love with walking out the front door.

We both know, he's not walking out that front door. He left through the side door, jumped into a car and gotten on a plane down to London. Simple as that.

NakamuraTastic and celtic20 like this.
  13. celtic20

Right looking at this after weighing everything up and there’s only one conclusion to come to.

The Celtic support have every right to be hugely disappointed with Ange Postecoglou here

14. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I wouldn't trust him at all, his Spurs team were a joke and he's wasted quite a decent squad playing terrible football.

Wouldn't have him near Celtic.

He'd probably be successful at Man City and Bayern or Real Madrid or PSG at least in the League where he can grind out wins with the best players in the League but tactically mediocre and football far too * to watch.

15. murphy88

Broke our transfer record, but then not long after recouped more than double when we sold Dembele.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  16. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Aye and who played a big part in that ?

17. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    If they had finished 10 it’s the same kind of thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. EddieBhoy1986

He wouldn't do that though, we all knos that he leaves Cal to handle that side of things doesn't even see the players before matches. It will have been Cal all week trying to keep the players heads straight and trying to block out the media * storm Ange's bawbag agent and his new club kicked up.

19. murphy88

Do you think he wouldn’t have been sold if Rodgers had been desperate to keep him?

20. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    There's a reason Dembele called him a snake