1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. BigDoggyWoofWoof

I think it's pretty obvious he's been angling for a better job before now as well. The last time there was speculation, he immediately launched into a round of interviews with various podcasts and such. He's very savvy and knows how to market himself, both to our support and to other clubs.

And giving credit to our media (for once), they've really made it uncomfortable for him lately to maintain the charade that he's fully committed here by continually hounding him on his plans for the future. They've pretty much made so that even the most blinkered fan can't ignore what's going on.

And that's not really a criticism of him, he's not one of us and he should be constantly trying to get a better job. If you never left your own job for a better offer, you'd still be working in McDonalds at 40. He's done nothing wrong, he's just been a bit too cute in how he's gone about it and it's rubbed people the wrong way.

2. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Price of energy is higher up north for some reason probs has something to do with it and a lesser population so less potential sales but rates will be same as here probable cause for it being more expensive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I can see why there is some comparison to be fair

Pre season has been prepared by ange
    Targets spoken to and identified by ange after the recommendations from lawwell.
    You know for a fact he will come back for players

And the biggest one for me which myself and I guess a few others know.

The club have been * blindsided by this and that's the biggest point for me!

The_Bhoy, EddieBhoy1986 and Foley1888 like this.
  4. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Without money that league is nothing * it and * sky the bubble will burst eventually!

The_Bhoy and Hammy89 like this.
  5. Sgt Neppers*

Something I've been wondering is how.much Ange is gonna have concede of his ethos and standards to bend to Levys demands and ways. Time will tell, but I reckon a fair bit to land this job.

Ziggy likes this.
  6. seanm

The one elephant in the room here for Ange is EGO. say for example Ange leaves son and kane out because they aren't working hard enough on a press and some lesser players come in and do a good job are you really telling me thàt they all won't down tools and get in levys ear about it. Bullshit.good luck Ange your gonna need it working with those * who tweak an ankle and are happy to steal a wage.your wife and family love you but will never ever give you the unconditional love those fans showed you on Saturday .we move on .next. Still want Larsson and broony.it will be like ted lasso and Roy Kent.COYBIG HH. I'm gutted for the fans I really am.they deserve so much better.im finished with a great club like ours being used as a stepping stone. HH

blackfish likes this.
  7. Foley1888

I agree with some of this thinking but have to say not sure about Ange fully leaving through the front door. How quickly this has come about his agent and him have been trying to get the Spurs gig for months.

At the same time and I know he has to cover all eventualities it doesn’t sound like he has been very upfront with the Board at Celtic who gave him this chance. Where I don’t hold any real grudge against the move, having your full operation geared towards certain targets and next steps at same time as trying your best to get out isn’t very transparent.

For Knutsen he could have left Bodo/Glimt a good few times in fact it came as a shock that he signed a new deal after securing his second title. As others have mentioned I am sure the Scandinavian leagues take a summer break similar to our winter one, it just so happens to be after this weekend.

If he was to leave I am sure he would do it then.

In terms of managers leaving a job I do agree with you there is a way to do it. Only disagreement is I think Ange could have been more upfront with us which would have put us more on the front foot.

JamesM09 likes this.
  8. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    For me, it would depend. Why did they break down? Is he excited to get back here and prepare for a crack at the CL groups stages or will his face be tripping him until the next EPL team comes calling?

9. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    To be fair, you warned early on after Ange's appointment that he's a ruthlessly ambitious individual and will have his sights on reaching the top level. Weren't far wrong.

Ziggy likes this.
  10. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Martin O’Neil knew he was off very good friends with Desmond have no doubt that part on Viaplay was to show him up and it did he looked like a lost school boy with his pants down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. JamesM09

I quoted your full reply in the last post before you replied,

"You are being a cheeky condescending *.

Cheerio."

Go back and check. I await your apology.

12. KG-Henrik

He’s being rewarded for the success he’s had up to this point. He’s ambitious and will be competing at a higher level. I really don’t see any issue. Spurs are really high level club(although their trophy success is absolutely tragic) Ange would fancy his chances to change that. It’s irrelevant that previous managers failed.

We’ll move on and hopefully get a strong appointment.

13. EddieBhoy1986

Ange isnae going tae * ye pal.

14. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

* that cuckold nonsense. I hope Enrique or potter take the spurs job and we * him out the door anyways. Not playing second fiddle to anyone and accepting his sleekit bullshit. Get him to * now.

15. paulmcq1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgeady, donati, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Surprised it hasn't been announced officially yet

Hammy89 likes this.
  16. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Chelsea were a quality team though, they werent a * squad needing a rebuild like an Arsenal or Liverpool or Spurs. Same as his good Juventus and Inter teams they were the best if not 2nd best squads in their Leagues.

Conte would never have been capable of doing a job at Spurs or even Celtic when Ange came in.

17. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    So much panty wetting in here it’s unreal lol

18. murphy88

I don’t see it working either. The whole mentality at Spurs is a * one as well. Loser shitebag mentality.

neilly1987 and McChiellini.. like this.
  19. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest

20. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    :56:Don’t tell me he’s already been Levyed???

Plenty warned him on here not to work with Levy and would probably be a career killer :rip_1: