1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JamesM09

Not sure the logic you're using to get that conclusion.

It's pretty simple for me. You can leave through the front door, or you can leave through the back door. There can be some debate about which circumstances a manager leaves in on a club-to-club basis.

Ange is leaving through the front door. Secured the treble, ignored the speculation as best he could. Leaves us arguably in our best ever position. We can be bitter but have little right to complain.

Rodgers left through the back door. We were on for an historic treble treble and at a crucial point of the season. We can complain.

If Knutsen leaves Bodo/Glimt, to my understanding he is leaving through the front door. I accept he is mid-season, but that's a unique aspect of Scandinavian football. You either leave mid-domestic season or mid-European campaign.

Being disappointed a manager leaves is not an automatic right to complain about it unless you're only willing to sign unemployed managers, which is obviously not the case for our support.

Skelleto likes this.
  2. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Conte and Mourinho are managers who can take over the best teams in Leagues and grind out wins.

They're not managers who take over the 5th and 6th best teams and win a League. Conte could go from Lazio to Roma to Sevilla to Dortmund to Atletico to Lyon or whoever and will never do anything to compete with the best teams in their Leagues.

For me to get a smaller team to compete with a big one you need to play good football. Only guy who managed it otherwise is Simeone at Atletico but usually for a Napoli, Dortmund, Arsenal, Spurs, Sevilla to become really good they've got to play scintilating quality football and build up confidence that they can beat anyone even Liverpool had to do it with Rodgers and Klopp.

Ange is the sort of manager who plays that football.

3. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    We all thought he was a man of integrity and the way it’s ended he’s no better than a Greek kebab shop owner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seanm likes this.
  4. seanm

This all dsy long

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  5. JamesM09

Exactly the type of childishness I would expect though from someone talking * to criticise a manger leaving a football club.

6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Yep..

No even being bitter about it but for all I rate him.....I think he'll fail there..

Their boyhood * will be going
    Their only other real top drawer player is 31 year old Son
    They need a bit of a rebuild all over the park
    No Europe which will make it hard as you say to get a lot of quality in

Ok at us in a 2 team league. They have about 6 or 7 clubs who will undoubtedly improve and spend substantially this summer. He loses a couple of games early on and he'll be majorly on the back foot..

I just can't see him going down and hitting the ground running and gelling a squad that's up to scratch like he did here. They have so many dud types on big wages as well. We had a number already going out the door as Ange was coming in..

murphy88 and NakamuraTastic like this.
  7. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Was 70 k at Celtic was gonna be highest paid manager …. So it’s nothing to do with money and more to do with the league we are in and the tv income Tottenham get

I’m not knocking our league btw their is things that can be done better of course but things are out of our control stuck between a rock and a hard place if we were an independent country and were not land locked with England as our neighbours we would be better off for it

8. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Good job I'm not chairman, I would have refused permission to speak and plonked him on gardening leave for a year and not give a * about the money. Meanwhile in the real world...byeeee

craigtheceltic and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  9. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Stop talking *. You are the one being a sly condescending fud.

taking snippets of replies, trying to act funny on them get called out then turn out you are being a *.

What am I criticising, what points are you talking about. Please do go into detail about it.

Please use all the points I’ve posted to give an even reply and debate and not snide we condescending * replies with sly digs at the end.

10. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Working with Levy clearly isn't an issue for him thrn. Though I think he's underestimating how much of a fud Levy is

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  11. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    If the logic is that he's got the chance at a club who play at a higher level, with higher level of players and higher level of opposition, you need to apply that same logic to Rodgers.

How they left is irrelevant. If it's as simple as "bigger budgets, better opposition, bigger salary"... Don't think anyone is suggesting he's not leaving us in a better position than when he came in but again, by that same logic, so did Rodgers. Beat off a championship Rangers team in the semi final of the scottish cup, never qualified for the champions league in 4 years. He changed all that. Invincible, finishing 3rd in the champions league group to extend our Euro adventures after christmas. Anyone suggesting he didn't leave us in a better position than when he took over is lying.

This front and back door stuff anaw. Utter pish. If you think Ange is leaving us out the front door, with his head held high, nonsense. Aye, he's won a treble and I thank him from the very bottom of my heart for that but him and his agent have been at it for weeks. Anyone trying to suggest otherwise is in complete denial.

12. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    I've never had a Greek kebab (and I'm half Greek) they've always been Turkish....and we did some fine ones in Saaf Laandaan...I dare to even look at the price in InverRipOffNess..jaysus this city is waay more expensive than Laaandaan.

littlekennie likes this.
  13. murphy88

Conte took over Chelsea who had just finished 10th the year before and went on to win the league the next year, scoring 85 goals in the process.

littlekennie and NakamuraTastic like this.
  14. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He is also head coach not manager for a guy who liked full control....

15. BigManSmalls

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Right. He's gone.

* it. We will move on. Get that Knutsen in ASAP and aim to keep all our trophies next season as always.

A loved Ange like he was ma Da but he's gone.

Good luck to him and cheers for the memories.

johnboy19 likes this.
  16. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Agents don’t go off the reservation having meetings and agreeing terms without their client being kept in the loop Ange knew all along what was going on ….. and rumors that he told Leeds come back in summer if your not relegated I hope they are not true but all signs point to working the ticket how he could have sat in that boardroom few weeks back shaking hands giving a verbal agreement to our owners then his agent goes Mia it’s despicable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. PaddyJamieson

Really disappointed by all this.

Just want him to * off so we can move on and hopefully let the bitterness subside. I want to look back and appreciate the job he did here at some stage.

johnboy19 and NakamuraTastic like this.
  18. JamesM09

Talking complete * here.

Leaving Celtic mid-season is not the same as leaving Celtic at the end of the season.

Does anyone seriously agree with this nonsense?

We're all disappointed he's away but don't talk complete *.

19. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Days and weeks like this you see the snide replies and sniping on here it's unreal, lots of genuine people on here but some of the stuff is ridiculous for daring to have opinions

The_Bhoy and littlekennie like this.
  20. Kiro Kompiro

Not about the money. Or the club. About the league.

Pogues likes this.