1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. cammy07

would have him back in a heartbeat

2. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Absolutely not. Not a snowballs chance in * he can come back for this. He either goes to Spurs or leaves and get a job in the EPL when someone else gets sacked.

3. Sgt Neppers*

His head is turned and his heart isn't in it. He's verbally agreed to do the job so if it falls down now, that's on Spurs choosing not his. We then go by the standards he set and told us. You don't wanna be here, then go.

Standards are there for everyone. Not just when you can be arsed.

We move on. ...WE.NEVER STOP!!!

4. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    It’s not a case of forgive and forget here he wants epl so will be gone in next 4 months regardless for another job…..
    Now difference here between Rodgers just now is if he comes back I don’t see him going back to epl think he’s closed that chapter so I can forgive it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. StevieBhoooy!

No… he’s burnt it!

Bin him..

6. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

It said slightly bigger ya roaster, you quoted it, go back and read it properly before saying silly things.

7. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Spurs are in such a horrible state that im not even sure Pep Guardiola could save them, so its a very, very risky move but you can't really blame him. He dosnt owe us anything and he obviously wants to be up there fighting against the best managers.

Will be exciting to see who takes over tbh.

8. Al Bootyerbaws

Nah it’s over. Even if the talks somehow fell through with Spurs he’s made his choice and that’s that.

9. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    It’s kind of the way you replied to the post, hence my reply bud.

10. JamesM09

To keep the analogy going..

The builder has left you with all the materials, all the tools. He hasn't taken the full amount from you and in fact he has shat gold and left you with even more funds than what he originally was going to take.

In this analogy, it would also be common place for builders to leave projects at the end of the building season with the expectation you will * a quality builder from another project to continue yours. Indeed, you got this builder from a Japanese project.

During the two weeks he 'blanked' you, he managed to secure an historic treble - the 5th trophy he has won during the project out of 6 attempts.

So, in short, I'd be delighted and looking forward to getting the building complete with the next builder just like every other club.

Kiro Kompiro, Jukes and Skelleto like this.
  11. Cringer67

Theres no way back for him. The worst thing that could possibly happen now is talks break down for whatever reason and he stuck here. Not a chance the relationship between fans AND players would ever be the same again. We move on.

12. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    He’s going on holiday on tomorrow I think that’s a huge mistake I think he needs those two weeks he’s got a huge job on his hands theirs not enough time in the summer as it is to turn it around at spurs

13. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

I’ll say again, people do realise that we’re probably going to do the exact same thing to another club, right? If there isn’t anyone suitable available via free agency.

We did it with Ange himself.

Would everyone be complaining about Knutsen leaving Bodo/Glimt because their fans don’t think the project is finished?

Spurs are a bigger draw because of the league they play in and he’s an ambitious man. I really don’t think he deserves much criticism. He’s left us far stronger than we were when he came in.

14. HatsmyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Some right * drama queens on here. If the talks with Spurs don't go well and he wants to stay that's fine with me.

It's like being dumped by a girl who's got the best * you've ever seen. If she wants to come back, are you really going to say no.

Are you going to let pride come between you and a great pair.

15. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Seems as good as confirmed then doesn't it. Got no ill will towards Ange, came to us at real low point. We all mocked name and wondered who the * he was, he turned us around lightning quick and put on some amazing football. I don't think this is anything like Rodgers departure either. The Spurs job really speaking has been up for grabs for a while, Ange seen out the season and treble - far more honourable then Brendan's midnight flit.

That being said, as gutted as we all are, the show most go on. Who is next, where do we go from here. That's my concern now

Skelleto likes this.
  16. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Welcoming him back would be double standards after what he's said about any player wanting to leave the club.

He's played his cards. We'd look desperate and a club our size should never be acting that way.

Board would also look weak.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  17. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Even if Spurs talks break down he should be shown the door with him quoting himself on the way out. He’s not dedicated to the club and has made us mugs these past few weeks or months or however longs he’s been trying to work a move.

EddieBhoy1986 likes this.
  18. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I guarantee the two year deal bout what he would have made from a five year deal here say he gets sacked in a years time then he’s made the possibly same mount of money on less time but is unemployed and rep in tatters it’s a huge risk he’s taken but ovb believe it’s something he’s had to do

NakamuraTastic and Skelleto like this.
  19. JamesM09

I think I was careful not to accuse you of making any claims mate or making any suggestion you believed it.

Actually, I saw you were picking up on someone else's made-up rumour and just wanted to point out in general that it's almost certainly made-up so we shouldn't be factoring it in.

20. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Only way I'd welcome him back is if he was willing to sign a new 3 year deal tbh, but even then I think he's sadly made his bed and should move on.

21. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    No, but Bodo/Glimt fans would be complaining, right?

Maestro 08 likes this.