1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I agree he’s handled it as well as he could have, but I’m still bitterly disappointed he’s leaving. I understand why he’d go too.

JamesM09 likes this.
  2. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I've not said a thing about this since the rumours started, was just waiting to see where it goes. I'm gutted, so disappointed as I took him at his word about how invested he was here etc. But...we move on, with or without Ange and one thing is really clear...

[​IMG]

EddieBhoy1986 and seanm like this.
  3. James Gold Member Gold Member

If you honestly believe there has been no contact with Spurs til this morning and he has verbally agreed a deal at 20 past 8 this morning whilst dealing with the worst negotiator in football then fair enough. I think its fairly safe to assume he has had contact with Spurs last week essentially agreed the deal which will be made official at some point today or tomorrow. What did he say post match on Saturday he would enjoy it for 24/48 hours then someone would have to drag him away to speak about other stuff ... funny that

4. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

It’s been reported almost everywhere that his agents were negotiating and he said himself his agents knew better not to speak to him until after the final.

Now Spurs approach us and speak to Ange.

Things could still break down. Agents are scum and I doubt his is any different. It’s probably them leaking the information.

seamus1967 and Kiro Kompiro like this.
  5. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Seemingly told the club over a week ago he was offski if rumours are to be believed. Would suggest that it has pretty much been done deal since Slot knocked them back

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  6. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Who said I knew that though?

Someone posted it here, I didn’t make any claim that I knew about the offer.

7. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
  8. HatsmyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Has he * treated us like idiots. He's treated us with respect by ensuring nothing would detract from a historic treble.

I would have liked him to stay and make more of an impression on Europe, but he's chosen to test himself in a bigger league where every week will be a game of a European standard.

So I say thanks for the five trophies, thanks for some great players and best wishes for the future.

Another thing to consider is prospective Celtic managers will look at Ange moving to Spurs and see that Celtic, whilst a good job in itself ,can also be a very good stepping stone.

I think Ange moving to Spurs makes us a much more attractive proposition for very good managers

JML67, The_Bhoy and Kiro Kompiro like this.
  9. seanm

Feels like a morgue in the house grandkids on a high on Saturday crying on Monday cos Ange has gone. We are only a stepping stone for managers .* that anymore. Get a managers whose willing to stay for the long haul or * them.poor kids thanks Ange like a * knife in the back.HH

10. Martybhoy53

According to the Sydney Herald his agent has been working in the background for months to get Ange a move to the EPL. Might explain the * performances since then.

11. JamesM09

The suggestion Ange should've publicly announced he was speaking to Spurs in the week leading up to a treble cup final is ridiculous.

He avoided the question as best he could against a demonstrably antagonistic Scottish media. Saying he could've or should've done anything else is just sad, childish bitterness because he's leaving.

This.

I suspect he indicated to his agent he would be open to moving to Spurs and told them to work out the details. If they still wanted him today, and there wasn't any major surprised, he would agree and they could negotiate with Celtic.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  12. seanm

Amen HH

13. JamesM09

Who said you said you knew that?

All I said was not one should believe it because no one knows.

14. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

He’s leaving us in the best position a manager ever has before.

Champions, CL Group Stages, a fantastic squad.

Anyone that is turning on him is entitled to feel that way, but it is misplaced.

JML67, Kiro Kompiro, The_Bhoy and 2 others like this.
  15. JamesM09

My thoughts exactly.

I don’t even mind if people want to feel bitter he’s leaving but the scrambling to criticise him for the way he handled it is just wrong.

No doubt we’ll begin to hear he chucked it months ago because he somehow knew Slot would knock back Spurs last week and we won the treble because James Forrest became de facto manager for the last few months.

MacEwan likes this.
  16. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Comp has been accepted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Can’t see our fans taking it well Rodgers coming back in. Think the board have just about managed to get us back on side, so for that reason can’t see them wanting to risk that with his appointment. Agree with you, think it will be someone young Lawell has links to within the city group.
    I would love potter to come in though, similar to the original Rodgers appointment. Get his stock high again after the chelsea disaster then prepare for him moving on in 2 years.

need to just assume that’s the cycle now on all players and managers

McChiellini.. likes this.
  18. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Good luck trying to get a manager who wants to stay for the long haul these days… footballs changed, * even lifelong Celtic fans leave for the riches of the premiership ie tierney.
    Modern football is cut throat, people need to get used to that… enjoy the good times and when people leave the train keeps rolling.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  19. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    See if a builder 50% built your house. Sat with you and said here is what's needed to get a high end finish. Then blanked you for 2 weeks and lied to you whilst his business partner was trying to get a gig building a house who paid you more would you accept a 50% completed house...

Move to world football thread!

kyndig and littlekennie like this.
  20. Lewis Kerr

If this is true then Ange is just another Brendan Rodgers.

A better actor and not as cringeworthy, but another snake no less. Never thought I'd be saying that.

NakamuraTastic and littlekennie like this.