1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

He has talked * the past few weeks in trying to downplay or brush aside rumours. Totally.

What do we expect though? When is a manager of a football club ever so forthright about their future amidst such speculation?

Its very rare in this industry for these things to be open and honest before everything is set in stone. If he says he's leaving before things have been finalised with the other side then it's an even more weird position to be in if it falls through. Everyone would love openness and honesty but it's just not how it works in football, with a few exceptions I'm sure.

neilly1987 likes this.
  2. Pearse67*

Been going on well over a month, as i said about our form dropping, his mate getting the spurs gig, its all been worked on and tbh hes played us like a fiddle.

Its tarnished what hes accomplished with us, but we move on.

3. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He could have said he will hear out Tottenham's offer.

4. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    Just * announce it and let's move on scunnered

Rydo1888* and Hammy89 like this.
  5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Yep..

I'll be here as long as the club wants me. Another belter. I didn't hold on to that too deep to be fair but to no even finishing off the second domestic season and he already had a foot out the door..

Then saying how he shouldn't have to sell this club to anyone blah blah blah. The players cannot be happy with what's gone on here..

Nah. No for me..

Was doing a terrific job but was nowhere near where we still needed to be. We got cooked in Europe last season, our squad still needed improving also. Didn't fancy it though..

No even just leaving for a club that didn't make champions league....but no European football at all. With their main man about to walk out the door. Under a joke of an owner who nobody really wants to commit to now..

Now he's gonna take a portion of our backroom staff. Something he said he never did. Another load of waffle to make him look and sound better..

We're in a good position....as long as we get the right man.....but he's still left us in the * a bit..

Later on..

Last edited: Jun 5, 2023
  6. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    I do not care what he does at * Spurs, no interest in him the moment he leaves our beloved Club. Until recently i really thought he was here for a proper Era. So .uck him and let us go out and get the best possible manager we can get! This time hopefully we get a Proper Era.

7. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I think there's a HUGE middle ground between genuinely loving the club and leaving like MON did at one extreme and stabbing us in the back in an unprofessional way like Rodgers at the other. Ange did his job well and moved on at the end of the season. On the one hand, it does mean we didn't actually have the MON-like relationship with him that we thought we had; on the other hand, he hasn't actually done anything particularly wrong.

8. Celtic Bhoy 94

Did he leave it to the end of the season though or did he jump at the first opportunity? If this job came mid-season he probably would have jumped ship then too

9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Just some transparency..

We gave him the utmost respect. Would've been nice for him to show some back at the end.....as he knew it was..

Answers like 'it just doesn't register in my thinking' and pish like that just doesn't wash when he's behind the scenes desperate to get out, whilst gearing up for a cup final..

10. James Gold Member Gold Member

In fairness to him in regards to the backroom team Spurs basically don't have a backroom team currently I'm sure when Conte left he took some coaches with him then the assistant came in and was sacked shortly after so they must be short of bodies just now

11. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    What about being honest and forthright with the club? How about showing some integrity towards the people that gave you your big chance when nobody else would?

Instead it leaked from the * down south and overshadowed us winning our 8th treble. It’s the deception of being offered everything he needed here, then throws all our summer work into chaos by being deceptive. He 100% knew it was coming.

12. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Yes look what happened to sevco .

stubhoy07 likes this.
  13. mayo

No ill feelings towards him. He done us a great turn. Now we move on. No man is bigger than Glasgow Celtic.

Random Review and Melb Bhoy like this.
  14. sabzz1888

Tbh I'd refuse spuds advances and put him on gardening leave for the year.

Feels like I've caught the Mrs cheating...

Dirty rotten B******

15. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Absolutely this, I can respect if he was forthright with this and never tried to deflect, even just saying listen “I will review my options like I always do”.

craigtheceltic likes this.
  16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Aye it's obvious now when that Aussie Munn was being lined up....that it was all trying to be pieced together..

Think Ange's agent has ties to Levy or something as well..

100% played us..

craigtheceltic and Pearse67* like this.
  17. GazF1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonathan Gould
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Bella Ciao
    I didn't like the way he patronisingly said 'someone else was the favourite last week, yeah?', when he already knew he was off. Lost respect for him.

18. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

I'm so deflated, I genuinely thought it was all paper talk and he'd be here next season.
    Feel a fool for buying into his vision and believing his words.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  19. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

When I see people getting upset at Ange leaving, I just remember that there’s a good chance that we’re going to poach a manager off of another team this summer. And their fans will be feeling the same way.

*, Knutsen is the preference of many including myself and we’d be taking him from a team whose season has already started. Would we give much thought to how it would affect Bodo Glimt or would we just be happy to get a decent manager?

There are double standards in that nobody would bat an eyelid at that. But if you leave Celtic for a big opportunity it’s less acceptable?

That’s football and a consequence of the league we play in. If you’re successful then you’re going to receive interest from clubs in the bigger leagues. That’s just the way it is.

He’s leaving us in a strong position having seen out the season and done a treble.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  20. JamesM09

For * sake, grow up guys.

Absolutely cringing at some of the comments on here.