1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Just talked pure and utter * didn't he..

He was trying to squash it instantly last couple weeks but the more that came out and he was asked....you could see him visibly starting to creek for the first time since he'd been here..

He tried to work his ticket under the radar and bounce out straight away after the cup final..

His agent being up wasn't that big of a deal but when it zoomed in on flag day and he was stood on the pitch, looking back there was one point where it looks like he knew. I can't be the only one that noticed that now..

Soured it bad for me. Don't rate how he's done it at all. Didn't even give us the decency of letting us know and maybe getting some sort of send off. Just been working his ticket in the background....probably a lot longer than we'll ever know for sure..

2. Bangarangura

Levy knows he's got him in the palm of his hand now. No way back to Celtic for Ange , so he'll just take what he's given

seanm and NakamuraTastic like this.
  3. Darksel

The really frustrating thing for me is that has clearly been agreed for a while and he's played us all along for some reason.

I'd much rather of just known as soon as he made the call, also none of this "you'll be surprised how long I'm here" and "I'll be here as long as the club wants me"

I'll never let myself get as attached to another manager again tbh, the club is our priority but the people who come in never see the same.

Good luck at Spurs Ange, can't help but weirdly want it to be a failure but I'm an * like that I guess. I'm out of this thread for the foreseeable future though.

4. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Lol

seanm and Artorias like this.
  5. Peter T. Lawwell Esq Chairman of Celtic FC PLC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    "My dad used to wake me up at 5 in the morning to watch Martin Chivers play in the Uefa Cup."

6. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    “Me and the mates would sit round the barbie and watch the games”

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  7. celtic warrior

It saddens me to see him leave.

It has made me feel like a teenager again who lived and breathed everything football, that sadness is similar to how I felt when MON had to go, such is the draw the character of Ange is.

But we can't rest on it now, we need to be looking at building further and getting the right man in for the job.

We can't be going for all the same names that media have linked to us in the past.

seanm and The_Bhoy like this.
  8. CarmunnockBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    wonder if he'll use the "we never stop" on his first day on the training ground.

seanm and neilly1987 like this.
  9. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    "never stop" coughing, must be from all the * he spouts.

seanm, neilly1987 and NakamuraTastic like this.
  10. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    'Hold up boss, I've just got to send this text and call my agent first and then I'll be with you'

seanm, neilly1987 and The_Bhoy like this.
  11. Sydneysider

Probably his P45 before Christmas ... then retirement

Bangarangura and seanm like this.
  12. Peter T. Lawwell Esq Chairman of Celtic FC PLC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    This is nothing like MON leaving imo. O'Neill loves Celtic and did everything he could for the club. MON leaving was up there with Larsson leaving as and "end of an era" moment.

Like it or not Ange is doing a Brendan. Fair enough he waited till the end of the season to do it, but the way he's been so sneaky about it suggests to me that he would've been gone earlier if he'd had to.

13. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ange Postecoglou, who is expected to become Tottenham Hotspur manager, wants to take Celtic assistant John Kennedy to North London.(Sun)

Postecoglou has told Celtic he wants to join Tottenham. (Mail)

Celtic will demand a seven-figure compensation settlement from Spurs, who may also recruit coach Gavin Strachan from the Glasgow club.(Scotsman - subscription),

Tottenham also want to sign striker Kyogo Furuhashi from Celtic. (Sun)

14. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Right if ange is actually gone, cannae waste anymore of my time on it.
    Who do we realistically want? And who do we think we will realistically get?

assuming Ange goes and takes the full back room team with him mostly.

seanm likes this.
  15. celtic warrior

He's not doing a Rodgers in anyway shape or form.

Rodgers was full of it from the start, we are just desperate for success to see it early doors, but longer he stayed and more people spoke out, the more obvious it became.

Ange has seen out his job and lifted a treble, he finished what he set out to do domestically, but I will accept there is question marks over his intent for taking another go at CL with Celtic.

But he is so far removed from the general behavior and actions of ego manics like Rodgers.

Random Review likes this.
  16. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    That’s it for me, it’s the pure utter * that came out of his mouth.

Talks of legacy - 2 years is nowhere near a legacy.

How we will be surprised at how long he’ll be here - if he was meaning that he will be off within a few months of saying that, then yes I’m surprised! But that’s no what he meant.

How the Champions League is the pinnacle and he wants to test himself at the pinnacle - then * off to a no champions league club.

Telling the clubs management that he’s not here to use the club as a stepping stone - well he just did!

It’s all of it. From the using club legend’s to sell us and most likely the players too, it just grated on me. What was true and what wasn’t. The problem when you start telling porkies is that people start to question everything you’ve said, and rightly so.

On a positive, he can manage a football team to play some sublime football, but that positive has all been overshadowed, including our record treble. I don’t wish ill on him, all I’ll say is he’s cocked up his time here by the way he’s left us to a bunch of *.

Goodluck with the * down south, but if you touch their badge or tell another immigrant story, I’m gonna laugh my * off at how false you are.

17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I thought maybe the rat but it looks more likely it'll be someone from the city group. * knows who..

seanm likes this.
  18. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Kyogo - sure. 50m mate.

19. Maestro 08

His behaviour this last couple of weeks has really undermined his character for me. The way he spoke about us, referencing all the greats over and over and making it look like he wanted to create a legacy then at the first bit of interest he'll be sneaking out the back door ala Brendan style, lying through his teeth. Charlatan behaviour and not a good look for someone who claims to base their management approach on integrity, strong values and character etc

The guy has sold out there's no other way to look at it. He'll know that deep down himself and he's * his own values in the process. Beginning of the end when you do that.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2023
  20. StevieBhoooy!

Impostercoglou - ✔️ Take the Pish-fountain
    Kennedy - ✔️ Do you need a taxi number?
    Strachan - ✔️ I’ve got a big suitcase you can have
    Kyogo - ye know where you can ram that idea!!

Ziggy likes this.