1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Or could just be the fact spurs have money and he always had ambition with managing in England and has * all to do with what you just posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Spurs are a meme of a football club that are famous for not winning.

A richer Hibs.

3. StevieBhoooy!

I suspect you are conflating ‘size’ with ‘wealth’…

Spurs have won 20 odd trophies in their entire existence and nothing for 15 years. We have won that much in the last 10 years.

Man City was a 2nd tier no-mark until oil money came in 15 years ago or whenever it was. PSG had crowds of 3000 until similar events.

It’s fairly easy to grasp.

4. kcbworth

As a Brisbane Roar fan I was devastated when he left us. Absolutely devastated

5. James Gold Member Gold Member

In fairness though and I could be wrong but did Conte not leave with some coaches then the assistant was appointed and sacked

6. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    So we are bigger than PSG and Man City

7. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Should just gag them and let Kennedy talk he’s the one that likely to stay any way

8. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    We’ll need to see what happens this week to decide whether he was dishonest or unprofessional.
    I strongly suspect he was a bit dishonest in his post match interviews yesterday though.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Aye the number 2 took over and was sacked then that Mason has been there since in charge..

James likes this.
  10. Scott Viduka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    He didn't want to be a distraction in the lead up to a cup final, not sure why everyone is interpreting that as him being a liar. Its more likely he himself hasn't spoken to Spurs until after the game, out of respect for the club and fans (can't control his agent though). The reality is Celtic are a great club which I have grown to love, but it is not bigger than Tottenham simply because of the league they play in. For an ambitious, pioneering and 57 year old Aussie manager, it's a no brainer to want to test himself against the best. I think he is leaving the club with excellent foundations and in a way better position then when he started. Easy to forget the Club was also a basket case when he arrived.

horseshoe likes this.
  11. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Not anymore no

12. horseshoe

We are a big club with a great support, and historically in europe we're well respected, but honestly I think a lot of fans are just in denial about where we are now in the modern game. The EPL is undeniably the top table, we are completely hamstrung by the league we're in, we can look at the celebrations yesterday and say things like "how can any player or manager walk away from this?"and the answer is for 5x the wages and a better quality of opposition week in week out, not going away to dingwall or the tony macaroni twice a season.

People used to call us a big fish in a small pond, it's more like a big fish in a puddle now, our league is dire.

13. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    That might be a blessing in disguise.

paulie walnuts and gary88 like this.
  14. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Half a decade ago is not recently if it was still the old European cup spurs would never have made an appearance used to be known for qualifying for the Uefa cup

15. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I began to get suspicious when Ange did his trophy parade roon Hampden in a taxi.

Creativecelt and snails67 like this.
  16. EddieBhoy1986

Chelsea in past 20 years have won 5 EPL, 5 FA Cups, 3 League Cups, the UCL twice and the Europa League twice.

Tottenham in past 20 years have won 1 League Cup.

I'm actually not what Tottenham have done to earn the title of The Big 6 other than have a bloated budget.

NakamuraTastic and Creativecelt like this.
  17. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    People are naive as * saying he can’t control his agent of course he can your agent takes a call sure an agent doesn’t go talk to other clubs unless he’s been give the go ahead

18. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Spot on. Its undeniable our place in football history because of the european cup win and our fanbase worldwide but it means * all in modern football or to the younger generation of football fans. Do i agree with it being that way? No but ultimately its the way it is.

In modern world football, chelsea, liverpool, arsenal, man u, man city and spurs are “bigger clubs” than us, in every measurable metric in modern football - football brand, revenue, “fans” (quick search on google suggest 180 million “fans” worldwide for Spurs) including social media following etc, shirt sales, appeal to players managers etc, standard of league.

you can give it the hypothetical that if we were in their league we would be bigger but we arent so we are not.

19. James Gold Member Gold Member

Of course he can control his agent he literally employs him if his agent has been speaking to Spurs then Ange himself may as well have as well his agent is just a glorified middle man. I've never bought in to the nonsense he has spouted throughout the season and as I've said in here before the issue is not he is leaving from a footballing point of view I can understand why he would see this as a forward step but if this is concluded within 48 hours there is zero chances he has been as laser focused on the final as he made out you simply do not agree a deal so quickly with the worst negotiator in football

NakamuraTastic and littlekennie like this.
  20. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Get a grip psg where not even a club until the seventies and Man City have to give tickets away for free to fill a stadium theirs a difference between club size and being state owned or funded by biggest broadcasters in the world something we don’t have if ffp was truly implemented Man City would not be where they are nor psg