1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. cammy07

Think that’s up for debate. They probably don’t realise it yet, but he’s going down there as one of the best managers in the league. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if he wins something in his first season.

As * as it is, it’s probably the only way we develop as a club. We provide a platform for players and managers to be a success here and then move on to better leagues. Just hope the guys in charge of the club are on the ball again and get the right man in.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2023
  2. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Our Aussie Ange fan club have their work cut out on those Spurs forums..

Godspeed :56:

3. murphy88

I don’t think he is a big enough character to attract the players Spurs will need in order to get back competing for top 4.

Eddie Howe has done an unbelievable job at Newcastle, and has earned the right to lead them next season, but there will come a point when they also need a bigger name to be able to attract the top players.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  4. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    You might be right but I sometimes think we are guilty of underestimating how good a job the Celtic one is.
    Plus, Ange could basically stay here for as long as he likes now that he has shown what he can do, it won’t be the same down there.
    They sacked Pochettino a few months after the CL final ffs.

5. The Magnificent 7 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    That was my abiding memory in the aftermath of the game. DD and PL looked totally downtrodden, when they should’ve been *-a-hoop at winning the world record trebles.

I think they already knew Ange was offski. Let’s get this out of the way and move on.

Hail Hail

6. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    He’s a good manager but to say he’ll be amongst the best in the EPL is far fetched

7. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I wish he had came out and said he was off in the run up to the cup final, and that it would be his last game with us, the uncertainty was a killer and for me ruined the occasion tbh.

8. James Gold Member Gold Member

I don't disagree mate but we would like at it through green tinted specs. Ange has no connection to us for him he will see going from Celtic to Spurs as a forward step in his career

paulie walnuts and neilly1987 like this.
  9. Sgt Neppers*

10. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Where I think that also, other factors like the inept SFA, boring as * league, farcical VAR, teams tactics in Scotland where if you canny beat them, just lie down on the floor, pretend your injured, fix yer socks, hold your head, waste time and allow the refs to dictate the speed of play. Or the fantastic SMSM, where like on Saturday instead of congratulating or wishing him luck they threw loaded questions and reported doom stories instead of our accomplishments. Maybe he just wanted a better challenge rather than just Europe with Celtic.

The Magnificent 7 and The Prof like this.
  11. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Maybe. But on the other hand, he's just won a double and now a treble in his two seasons here. He's played against the huns umpteen times thanks to the nature of Scottish football and the split. I can see why people with no prior connection to the club could almost get a bit bored of it. I know that it's never boring for us winning cups and leagues. But is he to be expected to spend another few years here, playing the same teams 3/4/5 times a season?

The only other thing for him to do is make an impact in Europe, but given how likely it is that we'll lose our best players every couple of years. It's easier said than done. I know the huns just got to a final, but they absolutely fluked their way to that final and got away with murder.

It's a weird one. Ultimately it comes down to the fact that our league is so poor and uncompetitive, outside of the huns.

12. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Your a clown everyone is hurt in how he’s went about it their is rumors kicking about now that talks been goi g on since conte left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. celtic20

Will be following his progress with Spurs really closely. Wish him well, but struggle to see how this move works out for him to be honest.

Graham Potter next Celtic.

The_Bhoy and neilly1987 like this.
  14. James Gold Member Gold Member

Aye 100% we would have so much more respect for him as he's clearly known what's happening there is no danger you cut a deal with the worst negotiator in football after 24 hours. If that had been the case we could have given him a proper send off and even with all the quotes and stuff prior he would still have had respect from the majority I feel.

My issue is not with him leaving it's with the timing of it no danger there hasn't been any contact between Spurs and Ange prior to yesterday

15. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I concur it’s John that’s spends more time on the training pitch than the anybody else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Haven’t spurs been actively talking to another couple of managers? Unless they have been talking to them all for a few weeks now.

Had Spurs offered him it 3 weeks ago and he had to make a decision there and then he would’ve went.

You can’t be angry at him for wanting to progress his career, I wish him all the best but he has talked a lot of crap recently.

17. celtic20

This.

18. The Magnificent 7 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Yes especially the quote: ‘’You’ll be surprised how long I’ll be here.’’

Hail Hail.

Dylan1996, neilly1987 and Luis1967 like this.
  19. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    How? he was right? We all thought he would be here for 4/5 years when actually he would be here for only 2 years

20. ynwa1987

I think he’s a very ambitious manager and the fact that Tottenham are a bit of a poison chalice where elite managers have failed would encourage him to go. I think he would relish that challenge and the challenge of facing the best managers in the world week in week out.

Versus Scotland and where you get to play against the likes of Jack Ross and Malky Mackay playing a low block against you every week. The champions league is an allure but arguably you will come up against better teams in the premiership and he probably fancy’s himself to get Tottenham into those CL spots.

oh and he will be will likely quadruple his wage. We forget Ange is a professional football manager who is obsessed with football yes but he’s not a Celtic fan.

NomDePlum likes this.