1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

How is saying “I’ll be here until I’m not wanted” “you’ll be surprised how long I’m here” being sincere if he * off now, after spending the last 5 months talking about loyalty, legacy and putting plans in place for next season?

Maybe you have a new fangled dictionary where sincerity means something else.

2. James Gold Member Gold Member

How can he go against his word if he has been non committal ? If he says he has no interest in any other clubs it literally shuts down every job in world football he would be daft to do that. Rightly or wrongly Spurs are one of the big 6 in England and were in a Champions League final just a few years ago out with the obvious financial aspects of it he probably has a better chance of making progress in Europe with Spurs than he will here even accounting for the fact Spurs aren't in Europe next season. He's not leaving to go to a Leicester, Leeds, Bournemouth or whoever rightly or wrongly Spurs are a massive club down there.

3. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Last summer was all about next season bigger better stronger. Saturday we had Jota in tears embracing him like a long lost Father.

It’s not hard to read between the lines mate.

It was left to Cal last night to do the whole see you next season chat.

He might not be away yet but he’s not ruling it out.

4. Bellbhoy Gold Member Gold Member

After seeing a reply in here I looked this up
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...coglou-celtic-proclaimers-dermot-desmond/amp/

That sounds pretty committal.

seamus1967 likes this.
  5. James Gold Member Gold Member

From reading in here it appears he is no longer wanted and we would be surprised at just how long he was here :giggle1:

6. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    He basically said a whole lot of nothing. Things that aren’t important, ehh like will you be Celtic manager next season :thumbsdow

neilly1987 and Random Review like this.
  7. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I think it was literally untrue. One of the biggest decisions in his life isn't important to him right now? Sure.

Honestly, I think he just talked himself into a weird corner because the cognitive load is so high when you're simultaneously thinking about how anything you say will come across to 6 separate parties because you don't know yet if this is going to go through. Celtic fans, Spurs fans, the Celtic board, the Spurs board, Celtic players and Spurs players.

I liked him better when he just said things how he saw them.

8. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I think he's shocked by Spurs showing interest, but instead of stammering like a teenager, he is opting to not comment on it. It's taking him a while to process the news from Trimboli (that Tottenham wish to negotiate).

mr soul likes this.
  9. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

What did Cal say ? I was there last night but don't remember what he said, it was noisy as *.

Ange is 100 percent gone imo, even if spurs get Enrique, I'd have him gone. No danger we should have a manager here that blatantly doesn't want to be here.

ThatBhoyLarsson likes this.
  10. James Gold Member Gold Member

NakamuraTastic and AdamRS like this.
  11. seamus1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    This land is your land.
    The "drag me away to talk about other things" could be referring to big contract talks with us.

12. King Kwon Gold Member Gold Member

Bollocks

neilly1987 and singer61 like this.
  13. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    The perfect scenario, apart from Ange committing to Celtic by signing a 5-year deal, would for Spurs to sign a bigger name to the delight of their fans, only for it to go * up for them as usual. Ange stays here for another year making progress in Europe, then he goes to a club Spurs see as being smaller than themselves like West Ham, where he qualifies them for the Champion's League in his first season, causing Spurs supporters to cry.

14. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Isn't Ornstein associated with Arsenal, not Tottenham?

15. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    If he wants to be here, I want him to stay. If he talks to Levy and decides to stay at Celtic, I will be a very happy camper.
    If he wants to leave but it falls through at Spurs' end, we should hold him to the same standards he held players to.

16. Bellbhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Neither had I, add that to his other soundbites and sop stories.
    He's gone down in my estimations regardless.

17. calmac23

He's associated with all the teams, pretty much the main man for news nowadays and is very reliable. There's now other reporters saying similar things too.

18. Patrick Bateman

It could be contingent on what sort of backing he thinks he’ll get this summer. Or if promises have been broken or plans changed etc.

We seen even with Lenny that he got the hump with board not backing him fully. And we know Lenny was loyal as *. It’s frustrating when you want to build something, and people above you start moving goalposts - particularly late in the day.

I would have some sympathy for Ange, if he knows the board are holding back resources for whatever reason. DD and Co are notoriously frugal and risk averse.

It’s just a guess on my part. I could be totally wrong. I’m not saying our board are wrong to be that way. It’s just frustrating as a manager. It could be a natural ending because the board can’t commit to him as much as he’d like. Maybe he’s been told to trim the squad and only spend what he brings in?

Who knows…

oh bhoy likes this.
  19. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    I think Nagelsmann's turned them down 2 or 3 times. Enrique, yes please.

Dublin Celt likes this.
  20. LTPS

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sign
    If he even talks to spurs then we should get rid of him as it shows he’s open to discussing options to get away from Celtic
    There may not have been any approach from spurs so that would leave him in the same position as last season so why no ‘we go again…come back bigger better stronger’ why leave doubt out there
    The only way I think he can redeem/save himself with us now is if he comes out and says spurs approached me but I rebuked it out of had immediately

Bellbhoy likes this.