1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Call it birthday caird pish if you like but I’ll feel embarrassed if he goes.

Spent months banging on to anyone who would listen that he was the most sincere manager we had ever had this century. Even more so than Martin, but only because Martin never hit out with this sort of nonsense.

2. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I agree but in conjunction with his line 13 weeks ago that we would surprised about how long he stays, it's going to look pretty silly if he leaves a matter of months later.

3. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Mind you he's no away yit. :67:

4. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Is that Jacqueline McCafferty behind Desmond?

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

Blochairnbhoy and seanm like this.
  5. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Well he wasn’t wrong

seanm likes this.
  6. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    He could have meant you will be surprised I'm only here for 2 seasons

neilly1987 and greengrocer like this.
  7. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Is it though? Would you want to be remembered as someone who just told people what they want to hear? People who absolutely idolise you no less?

Maybe I’m wired differently but I kind of pride myself in meaning what I say.

8. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    I think this has all happened in the last week though. It's why DD and Pedro looked raging as everything look geared towards him being here next season. I don't think he expected a club like Spurs to be sniffing around him.

9. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

We'll find out over the next few days if he was true to his word, like yersel i thought he was someone who would buck the trend of talking bullshit, probably naive to think that way tbh.

10. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    The bottom line is that he's been asked to reassure fans that he will still be here next season, he couldn't answer the question, the assumption has to be he is considering another offer, that initself tells us he is no longer commited to the job.

11. jimbobers Gold Member Gold Member

That’s how i see it . Better if he goes even if the spurs job falls through for whatever reason

charlietully likes this.
  12. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Which leaves everyone in a precarious position.

Do we give him millions to spend knowing another opportunity might come up 3 or 4 months later?

Also his insistence that if you aren’t committed then there’s the door.

What a shitshow.

13. ddub11

Problem is thats going to be the case with any ambitious manager,they come to celtic do a good job and the epl come sniffing hard to imagine any manager saying no,sadly thats the way it is at celtic.

14. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Mate, I fell for Brendan Rodger's bullshit, so I'm not going to judge you. But honestly, I'm starting to think I'll get over this quite quickly. If the rhetoric was insincere, it will feel like we've lost that special connection with him; but when we've had some time to think about it, we'll see that it was never really there in the first place. It will have been an illusion.

There have been managers with sincere connections, it was palpable yesterday that MON still cares very much, I bet Lenny still cares deeply (unpopular though it may be to say that), Ronny always talks us up and has even been back for a few games. Even WGS seems to care in his own strange way. I don't know how typical I am as a fan. I still think about these people fairly often and yet I NEVER think about Rodgers. I was so happy for Deila that he was successful in the MLS and now has a fairly big job again. When I saw what happened at Leicester, I felt nothing for Rodgers either way, only an idle curiosity about whether Congerton had done his usual.

It's not clear to me yet how sincere or not Ange was; but if it was all bullshit, I will simply mostly forget him. Personally, I think Spurs could literally be his only chance at a big team in a big league. I hope he turns it down and stays, but I don't have any problem with him taking it if he does so (which I fully expect). I just want him to be honest.

... look, mate, it's Spurs. One of the bigger clubs in England. I might never get a chance like this again. I have to consider it.
    ... look, mate, I'm sorry but I'm not allowed to talk about this right now.
    ... look, mate, I'm constrained in what I can say at the moment.
    ....[silence]

Instead of....

...only focussed on the game.... not about me... just want everyone to enjoy this achievement... not going to talk about something that's not important to me...

15. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Aye because all he's done wrong is no say if they want to talk to him or not. He's not quit, he's no said he has any intention of leaving, just press speculation and body language experts. * has don't * all wrong yet some fans are having a meltdown. If that's how bad some get when they think he's off, what are they going to be like when it actually happens?

Lennon in the Partick game, must be up for a job interview when ange goes ........... People need to stop connecting dots and chill.

16. James Gold Member Gold Member

But at the same time he can't reject an offer that hasn't came yet. If he came out again and said we'll come back next season bigger and better then 48 hours later leaves as he's offered a job down south he would look like a bell end. He's keeping his cards close to his chest as much as I think he is going the only thing we know currently is that he is being considered by Spurs everything else about agents, contracts, meetings, painters and removal men is all just rumours

17. Bellbhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Nail on the head.
    Can't really add anything to that other than to say the only way I'll get behind Ange now is of it comes out he's rejected an offer.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  18. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Looking like he can't win with anything he says.

You'd be more * off of he came out and said ill be back at my desk in 2 weeks then got approached and left.

You can not publicly come out and say either way

neilly1987, Peej, Noskeil and 3 others like this.
  19. seamus1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    This land is your land.
    So has he actually spoke with Spurs yet?

Has he said anything about not being here next season?

Some are dragging him to the gallows, yet he's not actually done anything other than his usual tactic of not pandering to sensationalist media questioning.

neilly1987, Peej and Noskeil like this.
  20. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    He will probably be unveiled as Spurs manager tomorrow