1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Kiro Kompiro

When players heads have been turned, they down tools. Can't accuse Postecoglou of downing tools, not after winning 3/3 trophies for the season.

IMO his agent has talked to Spurs but nothing is signed yet. Its a matter of opinion if he should say that in public.

If the Spurs deal doesn't go through he comes clean: "The speculation was true, I value more what I have here, we go again". Sure, it seems Celtic is second-best, but lets be honest, if things didn't go well, Celtic would not have given him till Christmas, let alone a season, so it goes both ways.

2. Jukes

The way some of you all you carry on here about the manager is ridiculous. Just give him the benefit of the doubt and if he does leave just enjoy the time he was here. The fact is, he is in charge of his destiny, he is currently a free agent and can choose where he wants to work. My guess is he will still choose Celtic. If you want to be upset why not be upset at the board for not offering him a 3-4 year contract when he first signed up, why not pay him what he is worth, if you are worried its an issue about money. Consider the amount of value he has built up in the club through the last 3-4 transfer windows through his shrewd signings.

At what point is he allowed to look for a new challenge without the backlash from the fans. Can you see that its a no win situation.

Lastly, while Celtic has given him an opportunity, the fact is HE OWES CELTIC nothing. He is a professional manager ffs, while you might think he owes the club something, that way of thinking is nonsense. He has rebuilt your squad, he has over taken Rangers in his first season, he has you playing some of the best football you have ever seen, he has given you memories that will last you a lifetime, he has won 5 out of 6 domestic trophies. Whatever you think he owes the club for the opportunity, he has repaid the club back in spades.

3. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Could be a good thing we've been pish for months :fear:

4. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

He’s not a free agent.

I think you need to go away and do some homework on what a rolling contract is before jumping in feet first.

Ange is free to make any choice he likes and good luck to him.

Just don’t spend 2 years waffling about legacy and “you’ll be surprised how long I’m here”

It’s disingenuous at best.

5. John Bhoy79 Stop the world I want to get off!

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I'm surprised it's taken this long but that half-witted cretin Jamie O'Hara has finally chucked his tuppence-worth into the mix. Naturally it's every bit as arrogant, ignorant and stupid as you would expect("who cares about Scottish football"? How about Scottish football fans ya d**k! then goes on to rubbish Ange's achievements here only to say what a good job he's done at Celtic???) yet surprisingly he seems to be behind Ange becoming Spurs boss. O'Hara is a prime example of what is wrong with modern football punditry.....no insight or level-headed analysis just loud-mouthed, outrageous sound-bites designed to provoke a reaction. Shame on those who hire these people for playing a part in the dumbing-down of the human-race.

6. murphy88

To be fair though mate, you are taking like he has already left. He hasn’t. He is still our manager with 12 months left.

7. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

That changed for me yesterday mate. I know you disagree but the silence yesterday tells me he is at least interested.

And tbh why shouldn’t he be? It’s the super duper all singing all dancing Premier League full of overpaid primadonnas and ran by despots from around the world.

Every persons dream.

Random Review likes this.
  8. Paradise_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    you’re talking like he’s untouchable why not rubbish the rumours? Or say there has been contact and clubs will speak after the final etc? You seem to think he’s done nothing he’s clearly not fully committed to the club if that’s the case he should leave.

if he does speak to spurs and doesn’t take the job are you happy knowing our gaffer isn’t 100% committed to us and this transforms onto the players etc?

9. James Gold Member Gold Member

I think it's safe to assume there has been contact with Spurs be that through his agent or him being tapped up I would assume there is no official approach as of yet from Spurs that may come tomorrow so it could be daft for him to come out and say he will be here next year essentially rejecting a job he's not been offered yet ... officially at least.

10. murphy88

Do you think if he doesn’t take the Spurs job, if he even gets offered it that is, he then wouldn’t continue to give his all for us?

11. EddieBhoy1986

We can't go into next season with a manager who has one foot out the door.

Players don't necessarily down tools, sometimes their agents are actually trying to get them a better deal here by floating transfer speculation. Or as I suspect may have been the case with Rogic they were dealing with personal stuff that was putting questions in their head and what they need is reasurance from a manager rather than a manager who makes assumptions about where there head is at.

Players are people not machines, same as managers but it has been Ange's choice to take a hardline and now I'm afraid he needs to live by his own words.

12. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Love this comment on that

Screen Shot 2023-06-04 at 14.46.28.png

Last edited: Jun 4, 2023
    gazb1888 likes this.
  13. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    I swear to *, this fella has the inside scoop on everything. Furniture companies, Ange's kids football matches, inside the boardroom...

14. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Luis Enrique tae spurs ?

15. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

"You'll be surprised how long I'm here"
    "I'm here until I'm not wanted anymore"

Just drivel. Waffle. Utter pish.

Best for all if he just goes now tbh. He came, he saw, he conquered. He also played us all and talked pish, like they all do.

16. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Guys literally a coked up junkie hanging his T-shirt to spurs and tagging along on talk sport to have any relevance he’s one of the biggest cretins in English football

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gazb1888 likes this.
  17. Paradise_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    He would be eyeing up the next job that comes up down there and the board wouldn’t trust him fully and maybe not back him as much if he’s not fully invested in us.

It’s not rocket science he’s made a rod for his own back he’s in a no win situation if it’s the case he stays but the board don’t fully trust him etc makes the relationship fractured. And doesn’t get the backing he was going to get.

I don’t know if he would as he clearly has had his head turned by something or someone

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  18. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    We should be in blower to managers agents the now even if ange does not take spurs if he does not take spurs he will be away to Marseille as he’s ducked the board over they will want someone else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  19. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

Willing to listen to offers doesn’t necessarily mean one foot out the door.

We’d struggle to find any manager who wouldn’t be willing to listen to an offer from a club like Tottenham, regardless of the state that they’re in.

I’d have complete faith in Ange to be focussed on this football club if he chooses to stay.

20. John Bhoy79 Stop the world I want to get off!

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Given the competition that is quite an achievement.

littlekennie and greengrocer like this.