1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Yeah it doesn’t detract from the day at all - in fact it would’ve made it a perfect weekend for most Celtic fans, and didn’t need to be a grand speech, just an “I’ll see you here next season”.

I think people need to be a bit realistic. This isn’t his agent touting him, or the press driving him away - it’s a guy being presented with a massive opportunity that he probably didn’t expect to ever materialise.

Someone also mentioned that life changing affect of the money - something akin to “his grandkids will be born millionaires”. We assume everyone at a high level in football is rich, but he’s probably only been making really great money since he arrived here and doesn’t have the playing career wealth to fall back on. Yes he’s a wealthy bloke, but a move to the premiership and a few years catapults him to a different level of wealth, which is going to be attractive to anyone.

2. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    I think we started to embrace him after the sheep away win, that was the turning point for me

King of Kings likes this.
  3. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Terms have been agreed while back goes to spurs Monday sign on the dot then goes on holiday for week or two on Tuesday the terms being agreed before cup final was finished is the disappointing bit for me … been set up last two weeks why else would you book holiday on the Tuesday surely you would be away on the Monday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blochairnbhoy and deano_bhoy like this.
  4. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Im kinda coming round to this view too.

Made it very apparent that a move elsewhere has caught his eye, which is fine, but difficult to come back from if it doesn’t materialise.

NakamuraTastic and Paradise_Bhoy like this.
  5. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Managers/players come here ,those that do well ievitably go on to supposed bigger and better things, rinse and repeat.

Don't really mind us being a stepping stone to the cash rich EPL, as long as we get success along the way.

6. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Spurs will struggle for top 6 in the future I reckon. Definitely for top 4 no matter who is in charge.

Look at the money being pumped into Newcastle and Villa and how well Brighton are run. Then there's Man City, Liverpool, United, Chelsea and Arsenal..

Spurs need a 2 or 3 year rebuild at least and no manager in England gets that

7. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    I agree with this. I reckon Ange was * it was leaked in the lead up to the final. Oh well Ange thats your new club for you. Better get used to it

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  8. EddieBhoy1986

Yeah he has * it for himself here unfortunately. A manager from Celtic isn't getting lined up for the Spurs job out of thin air. His agent would have been working on this ready to get him in the door of any of Spurs first choices said no (which they have) He's been trying to hedge his bets and it's backfired.

He himself said it if you have to ge talked into staying you shouldn't be here. That's his philosophy and he has been happy to punt players like GG and JJ for less than what he has done. He needs to live by his own words and go either way.

9. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Or a flexible manager who plans to shut out opposition players. Ange is not at all a reactive manager, which is tricky when you come up against a better team on paper.

10. singer61

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa
    But he hasn't said he's going will wait till I hear it from himself

11. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    When Ange walked around the stadium taking in our fantastic support, as much as it will have no doubt touched him, we should remember that he's done all this before, this is nothing new to him.

My biggest gripe is that he has left us in a horrible position of uncertainty over the last few weeks, other than that i wish him well.

12. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    You'll hear it tomorrow when he's announced Spurs manager

Morcombe and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  13. oh bhoy

i was surprised when ange said recently that we had only begun to identify new signings,whereas we seemed to working almost a transfer window ahead of time ,this move to spurs may have been put into motion ages ago

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  14. gazb1888

Ange, listen to Martin..the legend knows best mate

Dannybhoy81 likes this.
  15. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    IMO if things fall through at Spurs Desmond needs to sit Ange down again and see if he can commit to a longer contract rather than the 1 year rolling. Atleast to try and keep Ange for the entirety of next season rather than him bailing like Rodgers mid way through.

If not I wouldn’t be against us sounding out our own potential candidates who will atleast have their eyes fully focused on the club for the next couple of years.

16. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    No it wouldn’t, it would work for a lower level team but he did still beat a stronger deadco side than what others have had to deal with.

Plus done well in Europe. Football wasn’t the best but he still done over all well after MON rebuilding the side and cutting his cloth.

17. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    I also feel the Aussies on here don’t realise how * we’ve been in Europe under Ange, domestically he has trounced the rest of the league but the way you boys where going on about him when he arrived was well off the mark.

littlekennie likes this.
  18. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I think we need another type of modern manager who can do both if that makes sense.

A defensive type will struggle most weeks domestically when teams keep 10 men behind the ball.

19. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Ange delivered 2 great seasons for us, a third would've been nice, there will always be the feeling that his chapter was cut short, but he does leave us as treble winners. :ynwacelti

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  20. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    If he's going, we need to know in the next few days and get a replacement in place as soon as possible..

Vitally important summer and the new manager will have targets in mind.

oh bhoy likes this.