1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    So does Jason Cummings.

2. murphy88

He did for some people. Not for me.

3. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    So he doesn't commit and it still isn't about the players

Sent from my CPH2375 using Tapatalk

4. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I think we will be looking at a complete rebuild whoever comes in to be fair.

Don’t see us appointing someone who plays like Ange.

No doubt WGS style wasn’t great he did however win the league against a strong Deadco side and got to the last 16 in Europe with a centre half pairing or McManus and Cauldwell.

5. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    And that’s fine. I’d hazard a guess he did for most on here and in the stands though. There was celebrations on my bus but there was also discussions as soon as his interviews went up on the drive home. It became very much about him and not the club.

That’s maybe just my bus. The talk going up was about Ange and the majority of the talk coming back was about Ange.

Morcombe and Random Review like this.
  6. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Give a defensive manager the chance to keep CCV and add a star GK, and we'd stay in Europe after Christmas. But I want to see Ange make that evolution, to grow as a manager by becoming a tactical realist. He's signed Iwata- a step in the right direction.

7. Sgt Neppers*

Don't always agree wi James Forrest and some of his stuff is dramatic but valid points in there absolutely. JJ and GG gone quickly as their heads were turned. AJ signed in November was it to cover for this. Ange was decisive about this. Now it's his turn. What's it gonna be.

Few other points as well like his relationship wi the board as DD and PL didn't look happy at all. What about us as fans as he called us. The best on the planet. Very bitter sweet week for us and still none the wiser.

Time will tell. Hopefully we jnow before he goes on holiday Tuesday.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  8. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Strachans style wouldn't cut it now for us imo Brendan Rodgers couldn't even break down teams domestically in his last 2 seasons. Lucky for him the huns were still pish then. We can't afford to drop any points domestically because the huns won't.

Morcombe and LectersLuncheon like this.
  9. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Come on mate.

You think, standing on that stage yesterday on The Celtic Way, Ange announced he was staying that it would have shifted focus?

Literally everyone there was praying for him to say it. It would have been utter bedlam.

Still don’t think it’s a done deal at Spurs but there is clearly something going on.

10. The big Viduka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    Let me get this right, a big club as Celtic are, may not be able to retain one of the best Managers they have ever had

11. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Nae flies on you mate.

12. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I'm still not wanting to overly entertain him leaving, albeit I hoped he would have committed to the club after the game yesterday with some positive words on next season.

But, assume he may be off, the worry about not having in place a director of football (of some kind) is exactly this.
    Ange has came in and got everyone singing off the same hymn sheet, but what's to stop him going south, taking Kewell with him and anyone else he's brought in with his name.
    New manager comes in, whoever that is, is landed with Strachan and Kennedy yet again, needing retrained to the new managers style.
    Say new manager is neglecting the academy side of the club, they end up playing different football to the main team again.

Whole things potentially a * show.

I guess the logic is that we are trying to make everything internal with the likes of Mark Lawwell and Nicholson being in high offices, with Peter lawwell returning to the top table.
    Nothing like jobs for the boys eh.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

13. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    They absolutely drop points.

And there's nothing wrong with a simpler method of attack. Who's to say that we couldn't smash teams open with a 2-man strike force? Ange uses it sparingly, but it has merit in Scotland.

14. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Stopped reading at the idea that Ange owes us a long term contract.

There has been a bit of revisionism here imo. We didn’t wholeheartedly embrace him when he first joined - we embraced him once he began to win games, implement his style and demonstrate that he could be successful.

Nothing wrong with any of that, but football fans are fickle and we’re no exception. Our loyalty is to Celtic - not Ange - and he’ll be well aware of that.

15. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I disagree but fair enough. I think he's handled it about as well as anybody could.

He might want to sound out Tottenham which is fair and that's what I'm saying, if that job disappears I don't believe he goes.

I don't think he's been pushing for a move I think this one has appeared and he's rightly interested as he could go from managing in Japan to managing a "top 6" English side in 2 seasons.

Before anyone says they finished 8th this season, they're still a top 6 side in my book and just had a wobble.

Regardless we are all just taking stabs in the dark. Noone knows but the man himself.

16. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    No mate, you aren’t odd at all. There’s plenty of reasons to stay here, least of all to show some integrity and give back to the one club that gave him a chance in Europe. Ffs even Sunderland in league 1 wouldn’t give him a chance and he’s seriously considering leaving to the first opportunity.

I’m not a passionate Ange fan, I’m a passionate Celtic fan. I may be an Aussie and I do really love the football he produces, but I guess I’m embarrassed, embarrassed that the guy I sold to the rest of you fans, the one who I said give him a chance and you’ll love him, I’m embarrassed that this is the way he and his agent are acting to overshadow a great moment in Celtic’s history.

If he does stay, I’d want a long contract with a no talk clause in it for his agent. Something that penalises the agent for shopping him in season.

17. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Think it’s time you joined the ban list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris bhoy01 likes this.
  18. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    As supporters it's always an emotional rollercoaster ride, but for managers/players it's a career, i'm now excited and at the same time filled with trepidation lol as to who we get next, the Board played a blinder with the appointment of Ange, let's hope they can do the same again with the next guy.

19. Paradise_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    The way I see it now is with him not fully committing to the club is that if he doesn’t get the spurs job. It’ll be West Ham or something like that, he’s made his position increasingly difficult with the board after not signing a 3 year contract on offer, and then not committing to next season in any interviews.

As I said previously he didn’t need to say he wasn’t going could of said Spurs have approached my agent and there will be talks after the final with all parties which gives everyone clarity and knows what’s going on.

That way he quashes any speculation and saves all the uncertainty doesn’t rule himself out the job and doesn’t fully commit to the job on offer either.

For me if he doesn’t get a EPL job or that I’m sure the powers that be will not fully trust him going forward

craigtheceltic likes this.
  20. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Noticed that Enriques odds have dropped a bit on sky bet. Not that it goes for anything.