1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    I do I fortunately. I'm a bitter * :Kyogo:

2. Gurru 991

I get the feeling that Rodgers is not in the running for the job. I don't think Levy fancies him at all. Rodgers burnt bridges at Leicester & is not in the running for top jobs !!

3. Slaw

Im gonna cry and who’s gonna say otherwise

PaddyJamieson, Hammy89 and neilly1987 like this.
  4. BigDoggyWoofWoof

I think this is a factor when people ask why he'd want to pass up 'legend' status here. Rodgers won trebles and gave us an unbeaten season and is routinely referred to as 'the rat'. Lennon went through the ringer for us but is widely reviled by the support based on his conduct over his last season. And these are Irish lads to boot. We're not as sentimental a club as we like to think, a few games lost mid-season and we'd be baying for his blood.

Best to go out on a high at the end of a successful rebuild period and treble-winning season. Why wait til the lustre has come off you and the support are wanting you out the door? The timing's as good as it ever will be.

5. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    His stock is once again dogshit. Just like after Liverpool.

EVERYONE can see a 3rd year collapse is his typical m.o.
    Happened at EVERY club he's been at. Even us, before he slithered down to Leicester, the football was turgid, he was at odds with the board, was signing * like Jack * Hendry, and most us realised he was gone in the summer. AND, in all actuality, one of the WORST "rangers" managers in their joint history had him by the balls.

Liverpool... 2 great seasons, a baw hair way from the EPL title... 3rd season; turgid football, at odds with directors, useless transfers again.... Sacked.

Leicester... 2 great seasons, made the CL, 3rd season, turgid football, at odds with players and directors, useless transfers... Sacked.

He better be * DREAMING if he thinks he can swan back up here thinking to milk to Celtic reputation again.

He should * off to Spain, because NO EPL side will touch him.
    Even having his name linked with that Leeds job shows how far his rep has fallen.

Gurru 991, Bonobhoy and seamus1967 like this.
  6. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Gonnae be gutting seeing this thread in the ex players section :frown:

7. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    * up, bringing his dad into it. What’s that got to do with it? Absolutely nothing. All those stories are just that, stories. Like you’ll be surprised at how long I’m here.

More shameful than going behind our backs and making today a flat finish to the year. If I ever meet his manager I’ll be telling him he’s a *, totally spoiled the day.

8. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Love the big man but he's totally taken a shine off now and he said it best himself we put our arms around him bought into him gave him a massive opportunity one that he'd totally given up on! Can understand him wanting to go test himself out in the oil league sadly once they come calling there's not alot that we can do to stop them! I don't think there'd ever be a good time for him to leave but this feels abrupt and totally sucked the life out of the treble day the one thing he said he was trying to avoid if spurs went for someone else and all of a sudden he's back pounding his chest hes completely lost my backing now saying that he's gone

Sent from my CPH2375 using Tapatalk

NakamuraTastic and deano_bhoy like this.
  9. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    2 things

1) Why go to a club that takes their own supporters to court for singing about themselves.
    2) 33 years since they last won ANYTHING.
    Why go to a club like that.
    It could only be for money nothing else.

10. celtic20

This is the perfect description. His work here should be considered nowhere near done

11. PaddyJamieson

* wholesome interaction there.

12. PaddyJamieson

This.

GreenLeanMean likes this.
  13. PaddyJamieson

I reckon we'll end up reflecting on Ange's career here in the same way we do with Virgil as a player.

Both were clearly above the domestic standard, brought a level of ability we hadn't really seen here for a long time (or arguably ever), revolutionising their roles. It was clear with both that they would end up at the top level. Ultimately though both leave a little underwhelmingly, with a lack of impact in Europe the big black mark on their records. Other less talented individuals will be more fondly remembered ultimately because of their commitment to the club.

I'll still feel pride if and when Ange is a big success down there.

14. singer61

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa
    Mornin guys well treble winners again. I been back and forth in these pages and have yet to see any evidence that ange is going. Anyone got that ?. He will be staying i hope

Last edited: Jun 4, 2023
    seamus1967 and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  15. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    I'm not 100% on this, but I think they have obligations to buy a couple of their loan players from this season for around £70 million. If so, that's a huge chunk of any transfer budget.

16. GreenLeanMean

He loves a rebuild.. & Tottenham is a huge one. But i feel like our rebuild isn't quite complete.

Forestbhoy66 and singer61 like this.
  17. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Obligation to buy? Wow. Ange might not even want those players, but would be saddled with them, and have wages locked up. Each day, I find out new reasons why it makes no sense for Ange to go.

Granted, there's about 20% chance DD and the board have * him off enough to go regardless of the risk.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2023
  18. centenary88

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Collins
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    His post match interviews fill me with dread , fearing the worst.

Spuds would be a terrible choice for Ange or anyone having to work under Levy when you consider the two tadgers ( Cunti and Moanrinho ) before failed there.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  19. Slaw

Anyone harbouring hopes he stays, save yourself the heartbreak. He’s gone lads

20. The big Viduka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    He signed Harry Souter fmd he is hopeless even though my more football knowable son thinks Souter is a star