1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    So is he going to another club other than Spurs……

2. DonnyCelt

He's gone. 100%. I love Ange and I do not want him to leave. But we are Celtic. We WILL carry on and we will get better and I am confident we WILL conquer Europe again once more.

3. ThatBhoyLarsson

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King of Kings, At the moment Scott Brown, Lustig or Matthews.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of athenry, YNWA,
    He’s gone, if he was staying he would have stated.

4. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    How many players or managers have left Celtic to go directly to a bigger opportunity that Tottenham?

The next clear step up from Tottenham is basically the absolute gargantuan super-clubs.

Ange doing something in Europe next season doesn’t land him a super-club job. If I’m being perfectly honest, he’s done well to (allegedly) get offered the Spurs job on the back of purely domestic success with us, imo.

5. PaddyJamieson

His football will be remembered as some of the best, last year as one of the best seasons this century, but aye, ultimately not a legend. 2 more years, proper investment, another treble and advancements in Europe and he would have made that legacy he bangs on about.

Still, I don't blame him. He's a professional, and given where he's come from and the prejudice and barriers he's had to overcome, this must seem like an absolutely massive opportunity.

I just hope the squad doesn't get ripped apart.

King of Kings and FrankMcCallum like this.
  6. themouth1888

I want to wish him well and I will more than likely I'm just sick of managers coming in and promising the world just to * off. At least he seen out the season.

You can't blame him for taking the opportunity but just wish he had not said some things in the past.

Those other * are in rebuild mode and 2e could have kicked on a bit but now we are going to be similar

Morcombe likes this.
  7. TonyTim

Lets start more speculation. Wee Mary, my best cousins neighbours friend is currently on holiday in Majorca, She heard from a Spanish waiter who is from Madrid that Ange is flying out on Holiday on Tuesday to Spain for talks about becoming Real Madrid's Manager. You heard it here first !!!

8. StevieBhoooy!

If he does go… the pre-season tour could be a bit of a washout without a manager in place… doubly so… since the impetus for it seems to have come from AP himself.

9. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    So Spurs are not the club interested in him then. So he is not leaving.

Brilliant.

Wee Mary must be in the know.

10. Turd Ferguson Gold Member Gold Member

Legend? Come on mate, it would have taken some some serious mismanagement to not have made us better than where we were in July 21.

By virtue of being a manager to lead us to a treble in this current period He becomes, at best, a cult hero.

Martin, Gordon and even Neil are ahead of him in terms of achievements.

11. lazyregula

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing!
    That's why I don't think he'll go. He'll.hesr spurs out realise they are *

12. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    The supposedly unhealthy club upper structure had them playing in a CL final 4 years ago, and a regular top 6 finish.

Honestly surprised how you can’t see how much of a huge opportunity this is, and how there’s absolutely no guarantee he gets one of a similar size again in his career.

13. Sgt Neppers*

If talks were to breakdown, how long do we give it before his head's turned again? Are the board likely to want to give him such control as they we're willing to give him knowing he'd take the first job in a bigger league.

Just make it quick so we can plan another rebuild.

14. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

The Asian tour, January signings etc, convince me that he he fully intended on being here next season, I just think a top 6 EPL club is too big of a pull.

15. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    I hope our next manager leaves in similiar circumstances.

Ultimately, if our managers are in demand then it's because they've done an excellent job and we have been successful by winning trophies.

It's * that we can't keep them beyond the 2-3 year period but we are where we are. Same with players.

If we appoint someone whose ambitions are to spend 5+ years in Scotland we are probably appointing someone with limited abilities and limited ambition. People like that do not inspire others or drive high standards.

As long as we get these succession appointments right, I'm content enough to allow them to leave after a few seasons.

16. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    We were very good to him, he was good to us. But we can't compete with the lure of the prem for most managers.. this isn't a Celtic v spurs thing, we will move on and hopefully kick on with the right new manager.... Nobody comes close to being bigger than the club..

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

17. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    If a manager does well with us they will go on to better things, that's just the game. He'd only be staying if he hadn't been so fantastic.

18. TonyTim

If he stays and surpasses both Hun teams total trophy haul and the fabled 55 League wins to really break them , then he will be a legend !!!

19. FrankMcCallum

This is the problem.

He’d be as well going now regardless.

No way will he be trusted with the budget to sign the multi million pound players to take us to the next level, if he’s going to boost at the next opportunity.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  20. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Announce you are staying Ange

Leone Naka Fan likes this.