1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

That makes me genuinely want to greet

2. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Something like Ajax, Bayer Leverkusen, the likes of Roma, Milan, Leipzig... These are all teams easier to succeed at than Tottenham.

3. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    No more Eddie managerial links...real or metaphorical :86:

4. horseshoe

We were always going to have bids for some of our better players this summer, that's just how it goes really 2/3 season smashing it here then moving on to a bigger league. Would be the same even if Ange stayed, just comes with the level of league we're in.

5. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    He has 12 months left on his contract. Tomorrow, he'll have 12 months left on his contract. Same as yesterday and the day before.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  6. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

I don’t “hate” him per se, but he left us in the middle of the season at the first opportunity, which didn’t sit well with me. Had he left it until the summer I would have been disappointed but grateful for what he did.

The problem with BR was that he loved the sound of his own voice too much. Selling us all that bollocks about how he was one of us etc.

7. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    I would have had more trust in Ange replacing them than a new manager though . I think he looks absolutely drained in those interviews. Not that it'll make a difference but he's already seen how his new club operates this week by leaking all this *

8. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Going by comments the squad could be torn apart aswell.

New manager, new ideas, new players we are in a rebuild phase now.

9. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I don’t think there is. Spurs have made it clear they want him as manager and Ange is taking them up on their offer.

I do think he has been tapped up though.

10. EddieBhoy1986

I know it would be a gamble but so was Ange and look what we acheived under him. Continuity is whats important from here, we need a manager that wants to play fast attacking football that can use our current squad. Not one that's going to come in and starts knocking down walls to rebuild to suit a totally different system when really we already have an exceptionally strong squad.

Corberan is a passionate guy who was able to motivate and galvanise that West Brom squad and he did it pretty quickly. That's got to be an attribute we look for aswell. Doesn't have to be CC obviously but certainly imo he's the type of manager we need to be looking at.

11. Pearse67*

Spurs arent a mediocre club ffs, big club, big fanbase, unreal facilities etc.

If he goes he will look at it like a project, same way we were.

Hes ambitious and believes in himself, won 5 outa 6 here, rebuilt a team from scratch and leaves us in a very healthy position.

love the big man, if he goes he’ll be missed!

12. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I’ve said this already in another thread regarding the squad being changed once again and this will play into the zombies hands and will set us back.

If we * this coming summer they will win the league next season.

13. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Not sure I consider the likes of Milan as realistic, but none of these are really bigger opportunities than Tottenham.

Ange will be looking at is as the opportunity to takeover a big club in a top league, with massive resources, that is currently punching below its weight.

It’s an excellent opportunity.

14. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Genuinely don't kkow how you can listen to anything he or the players have said and come to this conclusion.

You can't defend it either as you've ducked my lost posts quoting your drivel.

15. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    See, your last sentence may hint t a breakdown of negotiations. The leaks of him being looked at by Tottenham couldn't have come from us or anyone near him. If Trimboli was approached by Levy, it created a poisonous cloud of rumors Ange can't have been happy about.

16. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    If spurs are sniffing today, then don't we think that if he makes Celtic a European force again, whilst winning the next league title, that similar or better clubs will come asking the question?

He tus yo march in Europe, playing his football, then Dortmund, Marseille, atlético, spurs, even * Liverpool, all come knocking anyway.

He doesn't lose by staying one more season.
    He continues on the path, proves his football in Europe, he gets all those potential jobs.
    He doesn't suddenly drop down to a Wigan level after doing more!

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

17. TheHappyLoss

Don’t know how you could walk away from those scenes today

18. TonyTim

Where have Spurs stated they want him as Manager? All media speculation from 2 weeks ago until now, Spurs have made or released no statements.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  19. Hydrobhoy

surely he must be taking into account that he's family driven and has 2 boys who ain't even double figures in age and just settled in scotland at school etc. yer usual 57 year old manager would have kids like 30+ flown the nest and be a grandad so it must be a hard 1 for him moving his family to London which could be 6 months to a year if it all goes * up, then he'd be offski again, not like he's skint he's been doing this for over 2 decades and just sold his house in oz for 3.5m and gets a pretty penny at cp also. who knows what's really going on wish we could just fast forward the next 48 hrs cos this is brutal.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  20. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    They are better run clubs with solid finances that have history behind them (bar Leipzig), and a healthier upper structure of the club. Tottenham have money the owner refuses to spend. Their players can go complain to him any time they want. It's an opportunity for career suicide.