1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

Birthday caird pish just like Rodgers

2. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    This.

Anyone who has ever been headhunted will know the process you should go through. You don’t announce your intention to leave anywhere until a contract is signed with your new employer.

You can absolutely love your current place of work and still get an opportunity that is too good to turn down.

3. EddieBhoy1986

I hope you are right.

4. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    He may well do, but he’s going to be paying a significant sum for him if he does.

Ultimately, Kyogo, Hatate and Maeda have been excellent signings for us, even if all three were to leave this summer.

5. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

Welcome to the world of every successful manager outside of the EPL.

We’re going to struggle to hold on to them with the lack of competition in Scottish football.

I think Ange has unfinished business in Europe but in his mind he knows he might not get an opportunity like Tottenham again. If we’re in a bigger league he doesn’t consider it.

I’m not sure we can continue to look with such disdain at every manager who chooses to leave us for a new opportunity. He wasn’t born a Celtic fan and never claimed as such - this isn’t what Rodgers did to us. We can be critical but any form of abuse isn’t on. He dragged us out of a mess and immediately got us 5 out of 6 trophies and automatic champions league qualification two years running.

Samsquanch, Wllm and King of Kings like this.
  6. Bonobhoy

How can you leave that today for some mediocre club in England ffs.

Absolute no heart in English Football.....Just Money.

7. celtic20

It's not disdain for him. It's disdain for the situation we're currently in as a football club. Rodgers leaving was the clearest kick up the * we needed when it came to trusting what managers say in terms of their commitment.

They're all the same - they'll leave for the EPL at the first opportunity. Doesn't matter if it's financial or not - the result is the same. Some are just better at winning you over than others

8. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

He’s off there’s no doubt about it now, we move on but i think it’s a bit of a * move, would he have got the job at Tottenham if it wasn’t for us no chance! Would he have been able to manage a club of our size if it wasn’t for our interest, no chance! He won’t be remembered fondly from me if he goes.

9. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Could tell on his walk round the stadium he was leaving. Not seen his interview yet

DonnyCelt likes this.
  10. Paradise_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Dom
    Dom Mackay mate

11. EddieBhoy1986

Unless we hire a coach who also favours fast attacking football or who has a system our squad can be easily adapted to.

12. FrankMcCallum

He would have definitely went on to become an undoubted Celtic legend.

He leaves a mere cult hero, nowhere near the likes of Gordon Strachan in terms of achievements.

13. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I never had the hate for Rodgers that some had, although I can understand it.

It’s mental to me seeing folk get up in arms about Ange leaving though, like a jilted ex.

He absolutely loves it here, and has built a strong connection with the fanbase - that much is clear. That doesn’t mean he’s completely blind to opportunities that crop up, and as much as we might not like it - Spurs is as big an opportunity as you’ll get directly from Celtic .

BigDoggyWoofWoof likes this.
  14. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Nowhere near even Lennon in achievements.

15. Bonobhoy

I honestly think its better going for a manager now though thats already been tried and tested in England. So they wont be running off and giving us and selling us all the Bullshit.

Moyes for instance.....and sadly the Snake.

16. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Spurs right now are a land mine. It makes no sense for a manager on the up to rush to them. This is why I'm so adamant in trying to convince people Ange is staying. Spurs would end his career.

17. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    ThaT might not be the worst thing in the world tbh.

Things can go stale - look at the Huns.

If we were to lose any main player this summer, I think I'd be more comfortable with Hatate than Jota or CCV or Kyogo.

BhoyFitz likes this.
  18. Sgt Neppers*

100% it has. Be it through agents, unofficially or whatever. Ange would have been kept in the loop at all times. It stinks.

I'll wait to the outcome is done to say more but yep. He, his agent and Spurs knew all week.

The Prof and littlekennie like this.
  19. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He’s not going to tell the media that he’s leaving yet because it wont be a done deal yet and don’t announce anything till the ink is dry.

King of Kings likes this.
  20. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    They’re not.

The very fact that everyone here is saying they are, if evidence that they’re not.

Perception is vital. The general perception of a new manager joining spurs is that they’re effectively flogging a dead horse, and will fail like plenty of other elite manager have.

If he does that, he’s merely doing what everyone expects him to do. If he succeeds - which only really involves getting them back into CL contention over the next couple of years - he’ll open himself up to some of the biggest clubs in the game.