1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    If he was staying he would have announced it after the game.

* gutted about this.

2. TonyTim

Clearly something has happened behind the scenes, with DD coming to speak to Ange and all this SPECULATION about Ange going to Spurs. If Spurs did approach him then that is disrespectful to us as the season was not over, almost like tapping a manager. He could just answer the questions and state he is concentrating on new players etc for next season, he has not denied it. DD could have told him win a world Record Treble and I will give you a long, well paid contract, but is playing it coy to make sure he gets that contract offer.

Or it could be Ange playing the media at their own game, they have shown him nothing but disrespect and contempt since he has got here, its all the Hun media noise pushing this speculation as if he has been approached and made an offer when they know * all.

Ange has no doubt been superb since he came to us and deserves all the plaudits he gets however, it will leave a bitter taste in the mouth if he does go to Spurs if the speculation does become true. He consistently talks up his love of the Club, the supporters and says he has landed on his feet with us, he says all the right things.
    Holding the Scottish Cup in front of the supporters fist pumping the air then punching on his heart tells you how much he does love being here, he wont get that connection anywhere else.
    For me, if he does go now and not in a season or 2 then he is just like any other mercenary player who uses us as a stepping stone to the riches of the EPL

3. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

This is depressing on a day we are supposed to be celebrating :54:

4. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Those Asian players have been (in the main) outstanding signings.

He leaves us in a far better place than when he arrived, and any manager coming in will be glad to have those guys in the squad.

Wllm likes this.
  5. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Second rebuild in 3 years..

6. deano_bhoy

It was under Lawell that Ange signed

7. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Just watch the Viaplay interview, maybe I’m in denial but all he is wanting to do is get away from the media duties to go and enjoy the celebrations then a well earned holiday with his family.

I think he’s in a position where he holds aces so there’s no need to say he’s not going anywhere until he feels sure on that. Nothing is done and dusted either way.

Rydo1888*, Gazzi79 and neilly1987 like this.
  8. romeo9535

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson, Alan Thompson, John Hartson, Aiden McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    4 Leaf Clover, Willy Malley
    He's been offered the chance to go for the spurs job and he is keeping his options open, that's why he isn't saying anything definitive.

Same as any of us knowing we have an interview for another job to get more money and do something different. Of course he's not going to say he's going because
    1. He doesn't know if he will actually get an offer
    2. He doesn't know if the offer he might get is something he wants to take.

On the flip side he's not going to say he's staying when he knows there is a chance he might be leaving if he gets offered another job. There might even be a counter offer he will take.

Until he meets with loopy levy then we are all guessing. My guess is he will go if he is offered the job but a hundred things could happen between now and then to change that.

9. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Your right even if spurs decide they go a different direction the fact ange wanted to negotiate * the dynamics the board won’t give him the backing he wants … would you knowing your manager could be gone another 4 months down the road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Pretty obvious there has been. At least with his * of an agent if not Ange

Blochairnbhoy and littlekennie like this.
  11. EddieBhoy1986

He could have just said not to interviews and let us all enjoy the celebrations of he wasn't able to give a clear answer. Can't help but feel disappointed in him as I don't think this situation has been handled well from his end or Tottenhams end.

That said I knew he had a ruthless streak and have felt some fans where a bit niave about that. He walked out on his Socceroos squad on the eve of a world cup and left his last side mid season to come to us. Realisticly with hindsight we were always a stepping stone for him and a way to get himself in the shop window and fair enough I guess.

Quoting Tommy last week will always leave a bad taste in my mouth. Absolutely no need for that if this was on the cards. A man who lived for Celtic until his last breath and who actually did know how lucky he was to have the club in his life.

lazyregula and BhoyFitz like this.
  12. Turd Ferguson Gold Member Gold Member

If he was staying he would have told us before. It would have been the sensible thing to do, would have settled the support and more importantly the squad before what was a massive game.

FranceCelt and littlekennie like this.
  13. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Was made weeks ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  14. celtic20

They all leave at the first * offer from the EPL anawl. How are we ever meant to actually build something?

Morcombe and FranceCelt like this.
  15. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Cheers for the treble ange. Enjoy your retirement.

16. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    I mean it's abundantly obvious that he's probably going to try for Hatate etc.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  17. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

18. EddieBhoy1986

Yeah can see the board (with good reason) feel like their fingers have been burned having been swept along by Ange and persuaded to trust him with so much control. Control no other club would have given to him.

Darksel and Ziggy like this.
  19. TonyTim

He brought players in to play in his system, I have always agreed with that idea as we have tried to shoe horn so called great players into systems that dont suit them. Ange leaves we will need a rebuild, he will prob take Hatate and CCV with him, Spurs fans still rate CCV

20. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I can understand that also, but it would have been nice for him to state it after the game Wolf of Wallstreet still saying I ain’t * leaving but, he didn’t.

Turd Ferguson likes this.