1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. horseshoe

I could see the thinking in this for a young player like Bernabei, maybe a new manager that plays a different system might still want a look at him, but Barkas is just * mince, we've been trying to get him out the door that long I seriously doubt we'd be wanting to give him another look under any circumstances.

seanm likes this.
  2. jambo_cfc

His stock has risen a little from good period in Holland though

seanm likes this.
  3. themouth1888

Interested to see what he says after the game. He's no reason to the dodge the question anymore. If he does then he's at least willing to talk to Spurs and at that point he's better off gone

gazb1888 and seanm like this.
  4. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    You have to laugh at all the * that's posted in here and on the internet.

Even I fell for it s few pages back....

No one knows * all.

5. horseshoe

Some people really just seem to enjoy winding themselves up.

craigtheceltic, seanm and neilly1987 like this.
  6. Gazzi79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hart
    He's not * leaving lads!

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

seanm likes this.
  7. joemc

We've listened to every interview with admiration and a sense of he's the real deal , wot genuinely comes across is he will always be upfront and protect the club at the same time.
    When he says he hasn't spoken to anyone and is fully focused on the final I believe that , I believe also it is his duty to speak to another club offering a better deal unfortunately...most of us would , although this is the thing .....is spurs a better deal ? Better money probably but in relative terms wot we will probably offer dictated by our circumstances will be a bigger showing of how much we value him , it won't come down to money it will be his legacy , winning title with spurs or cl v celtic through to a knockout phase of cl maybe quarters at best who knows .
    This is the problem we have with ange but the overriding fact is he WILL get other offers especially if he trusts his methods and proves it in cl this year , I don't think it's a definite move he will make atm ,people are quoting his age... he could continue managing till 68 / 70 so he has time to move a few more times , he has a lot to weigh up and I definitely don't think it clear cut and he would not cut about behind our back in an unprofessional Manor like a snake ,I think we all know he is bigger and better man than that and will be open when he has to be , trouble is though its difficult for us fans to forgive even doing it in the proper way when we buy in so heavily , my guess is 60 40 us atm if he is the top candidate who knows how talks will go ,Desmond doesn't like losing in any deal .

seamus1967 and Hope N Ur Heart like this.
  8. CarmunnockBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    My uncles brothers sisters sons under 18's football coach who best mates with Anges agent wee sisters boyfriends cousin said he will sign for Spurs on Wednesday. :50:

gutted

neilly1987 and seanm like this.
  9. BigDoggyWoofWoof

Aye I'm sure one of Ange's big demands is that the ladies team get a new ground. If he's using a Spurs offer to negotiate with us, the key items are his wage and his transfer budget. Posts like this are total nonsense.

martin_d and seanm like this.
  10. wulliebad

His interview after the game.....now is not the time to talk about that,lets just enjoy this result and celebrate with the players and fans.:31:

seanm likes this.
  11. gazb1888

I know there’s no loyalty in the game these days (or very little).. but Ange I feel is a person not driven by money or greed. I truly believe he could have a statue outside the ground along side the true greats of our unique club. With the right backing he could have relative success in Europe (not saying winning the CL but out of the groups or latter stages in Europa league is possible). Leaving to go to spurs, being a puppet to Levy, at a club where the fans already seem to think he’s not good enough for them (who is)..he’s started this project nowhere near finished it, bringing players in from across the world to them bolt at the first real offer just isn’t Ange for me. If it was Liverpool calling, with Klopp out the door I’d be more accepting our fate and deal with it but not this *. If he leaves I will put him in the same bracket as Rodgers, another just talking a load of bull, reeling the fans in the doing the exact opposite of what he’s preached since day one. I do believe he’s not that man the smsm is trying to insinuate but time will tell I guess. For example, David Moyes was asked if he’d be joining us with Ange leaving, straight out he’s said no, he’s very happy at west ham and no other job is of any interest, this is the only doubt I have with Ange not being able to just clear the air for the fans awaiting one of the biggest achievements we’re trying for today, there will be tension with the fans no doubt. Praying for a scudding and Ange announces on a 5 year deal at full time, the latter I’m not so hopeful on HH

neilly1987, seamus1967 and seanm like this.
  12. ddub11

Good post!

seanm likes this.
  13. seanm

Exactly if it were any top 4 EPL or a major European team Ange could go with my blessings. But * me spurs.HH

14. Big C

If he was staying would we not have 2 or 3 lined up to come in at the transfer window. With stories already broken about who we are gettingAs we have in previous windows. I’m sick of it but it seems to me like he’s going.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  15. seamus1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    This land is your land.
    :50: me too.

neilly1987 and gazb1888 like this.
  16. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Fukin * :56::83:

17. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Be very telling to see who is still in here come kick off.

Certain "posters" only seem to login and mouth off when they THINK there's blood in the water. These same "fans" are also completely missing come kick off for trophy winning games and the celebrations that follow.

As far as I'm concerned, this thread should be locked until tomorrow.

Let "Taylor" try his luck in the match thread.

18. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Right time to let ye's all know...in real life I'm actually big Anges's jumper, he loves me that much and wants to keep wearing me that he's staying in Scotland cos it's colder than London and will give him more opportunities to showcase me.

To be fair, it's as good as most of the ITK pish being spouted from the usual panty wetters. Enjoy the final guys, lifting yet another trophy (hopefully) and what will be, will be.
    :60:

19. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    isn't he banned :56:

20. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Well i think he will stay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And TFFT For that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

johnboy19 and TheHappyLoss like this.