1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Rogicisgod

Well if he leaves now it has been a * way to handle it. Not being fair dinkum either as he said he wants the best, which is the cl. Not those dickheads at Tottenham. They sound like utter fuckwits.

I honestly can't see him getting on with this levy bloke. The guy's a *. I can't see it working. I can't see them shaking hands and agreeing to give ange the scope he wants.

I think the only epl club I would respect him for leaving for is Liverpool as he followed them as kid. His old man's fav team.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

Creativecelt and NakamuraTastic like this.
  2. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    If Ange does go, which we will eventually anyway, why are people so angry at him. He's qualified us into CL for a second time, won us back the title, rebuilt the squad and looks to win a 5th from 6 trophies. This isn't like Rodgers who claimed to be an out and out Celtic man, left us during the season. In a position as it goes the CL could attract a good quality manager.
    I think many Celtic fans need to learn we may have a wealthy history, fill our stadium every week but the world does not see us as a big club any more and if he's won 5 from 6 then there isn't much challenge left.

3. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I’m sorry but that start with the fans aswell their is * in this country that * on our own league crabs in a * bucket basically and btw having an absolute puppet for sky sports at top of our game doesn’t help every move Doncaster makes is to help prop up the English game he said other day we took sky deal because they made an early offer and no one else did ….. I no * Sherlock premier sports and bt were both in merger talks at the time their was no way they two were gonna bid until that was all sorted out but I am sure he knew this and so did sky hence the timing of their proposal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Wee bit of rationality here….

If he goes, he won’t be going to a diddy no-mark club. I saw the same said about Tierney going to Arsenal when he left - basket case of a club, no chance of silverware, no chance of turning things around etc… none of it is true.

Tottenham are a big club. They’ve struggled this season, but it wasn’t that long ago that they in a CL final and routinely in the top 4 in England. They probably don’t have a massive global following, but they’re still routinely pack their stadium and play in front of packed stadiums in elite grounds on a regular basis.

I’ll be disappointed if he goes, but I suspect he will. This isn’t like Lennon joining Bolton or Hopper moving to Norwich though - it’s about as big a club as you’ll get if leaving Celtic for one of the ‘big leagues’.

horseshoe and Dannybhoy81 like this.
  5. horseshoe

Comparisons to Rodgers are well wide of the mark, he snuck out the back door mid season, people trying to speculate on Ange leaving and he's saying * off I'm loving my time here and we've got a treble to win, we're focused on that. If he leaves after that, when the season is over, it doesn't mean he's a liar and nothing he's said til now was true, spurs is just a massive opportunity falling in his lap and he'd be daft not to seriously consider it, a big challenege to turn them around same as when he came here but in a much higher quality league week to week.

He'd also be leaving us in a much stronger position that when he arrived from top to bottom, when rodgers left he and congerton had gutted our recruiment and spunks millions on duds.

Dannybhoy81 likes this.
  6. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    What if Ange goes to the interview and says 'I've already got a job mate'

Creativecelt likes this.
  7. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Had to check that, i've not counted interims while a new manager was looked at but included interims til the end of the season
    Arsenal 1
    Villa 2
    Bournemouth 2
    Brentford 1
    Brighton 2 (1 went to another PL club)
    Chelsea 3
    Palace 2
    Everton 2
    Fulham 1
    Leeds 3
    Leicester 2
    Liverpool 1
    Manchester City 1
    Manchester United 1
    Newcastle 1
    Forrest 1
    Southampton 3
    Spurs 2
    West Ham 1
    Wolves 2
    38 appointments, 37 different people. If I included all interims it is 40 odd. Mental. 9 teams with the same manager.

Scottish Prem
    Aberdeen 2
    Celtic 1
    Dundee United 3 (1 managed Aberdeen)
    Hearst 2
    Hibernian 1
    Kilmarnock 1
    Livingston 1
    Motherwell 3
    Huns 2
    Ross County 1
    St Johnstone 2
    St Mirren 1

20 appointments, 19 different people. Although half clubs had the same manager the whole season.

Creativecelt likes this.
  8. Kiro Kompiro

If he leaves its not just about the money. He wants to manage at the highest levels in the game. If Celtic were in a bigger league, he would not even think about leaving.

9. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

It won’t be anger for me, more disappointment. Everything he has espoused until now is about legacy. Does he truly believe he has taken us as far as he can? Did he buy half the J league just to jump ship at the first flash of a garter from the EPL.

If it does come to pass then it will mean he has been disingenuous all this time and that would annoy me more than losing a manager.

10. The big Viduka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    Ok I am a dumb * Australian
    Ange is not

He is staying

Creativecelt and jimbobers like this.
  11. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Agreed

Darksel likes this.
  12. StevieBhoooy!

The greater worry for me is not so much AP going .. but the possibility of players following him..

Is it a known thing for clubs to put a ‘no touch’ clause in place for outgoing managers to stop their new club approaching them?

I know we have guys on long contracts.. but they seem worthless (in terms of retention) once the £££ are waived.

13. Sentinel

Mods should lock this thread and the who to replace Ange with until after the Final tomorrow. Still got a treble to win. Nothing any of us can do about speculation.

NakamuraTastic and Noskeil like this.
  14. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    It would make sense for somebody on Levy's side to leak it, perhaps to gauge the reaction or prepare the fanbase. Can't see Ange's agent leaking it now because that doesn't benefit him days before a big match.

King of Kings and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  15. horseshoe

He bought players from the J-League because it's a market he knew better than most over here and there was value to be had simple as that, if he didn't rate the players he wouldn't have signed any, there's nothing sentimental behind it, same as every other signing, it doesn't matter what league they came from. They could well have offers this summer to leave anyway if Ange is here or not, Hatate especially I'd be expecting mid sized EPL and Bundesliga clubs to be sniffing around.

16. StevieBhoooy!

I thought Leeds were on 4 .. or might be 4 for calendar year.

17. celtic20

Disagree mate. I think he’ll jump, and the chance to be the first ever Aussie manager in the EPL will be a carrot too

NakamuraTastic and King of Kings like this.
  18. John Bhoy79 Stop the world I want to get off!

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Yeah spurs are a big club although not an 'elite' club as some of their fans and journos like to claim. They don't win enough trophies for that. They get big crowds due to being situated in London with it's 7M population but as you say they don't have much of a spread beyond that other than some ex-pats and a few foreign glory-hunters. Normally I would wish them well but the arrogance of a lot of their supporters towards Ange, Celtic and Scottish football in general has put me right off them.

Creativecelt and NakamuraTastic like this.
  19. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

If Rodgers and Leicester didn’t take any players, I can’t see Ange and Spurs taking any.

CCV isnt going to go back to Spurs. I can’t see Kyogo, Hatate, Cal or Jota going.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  20. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    It's a chance to fail because he will be hamstrung at every step by Levy and hounded by the fans if things don't go well from the outset.
    He won't have the autonomy Celtic have given him. And that is a dealbreaker.