1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Stating the obvious a bit there, tbh mate. Obviously no one’s going to try to finish 3rd, but the prospects of a run are objectively better in the EL than CL. I want to see my team compete in Europe. Far better chance of that against the Slavia Pragues and Bodøs than the PSGs and Bayerns.
    Basing our future chances of that on previous seasons’ EL knockouts - as though a bedding-in Ange and a crumbling-altogether Lennon is a fair benchmark - is erroneous and guesswork. No one knows what our squad could be like by the end of next Jan.

2. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    We got fairly close to it in 2006/7. Kaka you *. :giggle1:

Noskeil, NakamuraTastic and Hammy89 like this.
  3. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    If we finish 2nd in a CL group we are already doing better than dropping into the EL- we would be competing with top teams and getting results against them to get that far. We’ve been getting rolled over on Europe by teams like Bodo for years so I dont know why people still take them lightly.

4. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I don't think anyone sensible takes those teams lightly any more. But we still have a far better chance against that level of opposition than we do against the teams who regularly reach the latter stages of the CL.

5. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    My most tim coloured glasses opinion is that if we beat Milan we could have done a Porto 2004 type of thing.

6. Slaw

That and the United game are the games that got me hook line and sinker into Celtic. I was a big fan already but used to mostly follow the scores on the teletext :giggle1:

Heartbreaker that one. We should’ve had at least 2 penalties and all. At least that’s what my green tinted specs told me :giggle1:

CydonianWaffle likes this.
  7. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I was at the game we beat Barcelona 2-1 and immediately after the match I felt we could win the whole tournament because we beat them. :giggle1:

Shows what that surge of adrenaline can do to you because they absolutely played us off the park that night.

Tomas likes this.
  8. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Reaching the later stages of the CL would be an achievement for a Scottish team only rivalled by the Lions and Aberdeen’s win over Real for the CWC. Getting to the last 16 would already involve beating teams that regularly get into the later stages.

9. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    As amazing as the Barca game was, it was a one in a a thousand bit of luck that we held them off, overall that CL run was very impressive though.

Callum McGregor likes this.
  10. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Yeah, but the point still stands that we have a better chance against the likes of Bodo than we do against PSG.

11. Larsson'snose

Can't shake the feeling that he's leaving unfortunately. It will be gutting if he does, no way around it.

I don't think I've dreaded the idea of someone leaving the club this much since Larsson.

Feels like we've just got started with Ange and it would be a real shame to end it so abruptly.

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  12. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Just finished watching his manager of the year interview and I’ve got to say, I’m not backing down from he’s staying.

Ange spoke in the present about the team and the future when speaking of the champions league, using words such as ‘us’ and ‘we’ as a collective. That interview has been done this week because they referenced his trophy day speech.

To compound this, when asked in the pre game interview if Ange had ambition to manage in the EPL, he said a flat ‘No’. He also qualified this that he wants to manage at the top level and referenced the Champions League again. Spurs don’t have champions league, he’s staying.

Time to quit some of the slander aimed at him, leave that to the hun Taylor1.

Enjoy the final, it will be massively disappointing if you don’t enjoy the final because you are angry at Ange for something he hasn’t done and then post final, you find out he’s staying.

Don’t let the hun media win, because right now, you are all concentrating on something that may not come to fruition instead of enjoying the present, the present being that we are on the verge of a world record treble.

Imagine looking back and regretting that you didn’t enjoy the 8th treble, a world record and something so massive in the club’s history, all because you were worried about something that didn’t come to be. Sad.

13. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

You want to know why you are singled out on here, plenty other people saying they think Ange is leaving right so why you?

Because you are enjoying this ya hun tramp. Using upheaval at the club we love to get your jollies winding up Celtic fans.

Get a * life. Gimp.

14. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Chased from one Celtic forum for being a hun tramp. Joins another and universally gets tagged as a hun tramp.

There is only one common denominator there.

If it looks like a * and smells like a *, you can go ahead and deduce that it’s @Taylor1

15. joemc

This exactly , same interview I referenced in a post earlier which to me seemed like a man positive about a celtic future .

craigtheceltic likes this.
  16. Kiro Kompiro

I don't think its been decided either way yet.

The big Viduka likes this.
  17. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    I've think he's already made up his mind.

The big Viduka likes this.
  18. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Just ignore the hun *... I think people are starting to realise the best way to deal with him is to cut off his oxygen.. his oxygen is our replies...

Dannybhoy81, stew37 and Sean Daleer like this.
  19. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Its so sad to lose such a great man. Not just a great manager, but a really good man.

But we are in a very good place and i believe with a good appointment that we can get even stronger with new ideas as Ange will leave the club in a fantastic condition.

We were already a atractive club to come to for managers but this will skyrocket our stock for managers. Just look at Rodgers and Ange.

20. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    That's why I said getting Rodgers vibes even from the talking about Tommy burns

Ryanm1984 likes this.