1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. wulliebad

KT loved the club.

2. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Lessons need to be learned. Should of been addressed 2years ago but we * about all summer and ended up with our backs to the wall and wernt in a position to argue. Luckily it worked out spectacularly well but we can't keep having all this upheaval and rebuilds every couple of years

Director of football is required and get everything organised and linked in behind the scene so nothing changes reagdless of who's in the dugout or in the pitch

NakamuraTastic and martin_d like this.
  3. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I'm sure every single one of us would prefer a Europa League final over CL last 16, including whoever we have as manager.

4. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Everyone is else is rather angry, disappointed, or gutted.

This *? * LOVING it.

Conspicuously MIA from Title day threads... Not a peep.
    In here now, lapping it up like the mutant he is.

Why don't ya take yer "I used to be an altar boy", "Ange gets found out in Europe", bru stealing, racist, bigot pish and * away off back to fingering your 12 toed sister.

Taking the title again next year is gonna be soooo sweet.

5. Lewis Kerr

We are most certainly a bigger club than the majority of that league with undoubtedly the best set of fans on earth.

Unfortunately we're hamstrung because we play Ross County and Livingston away every other week.

6. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    A Europa run would be more fun for fans but qualifying out of the (now not long for this world) CL group stages is demonstrably harder than getting to a EL final or possibly even winning the trophy.

7. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Would you seriously rather CL knockouts over a potential European trophy though?

NakamuraTastic and martin_d like this.
  8. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    True. Although I don't know if a league containing * like Bournemouth, Burnley and luton can be looking down there noses at anyone either

James Mc and martin_d like this.
  9. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    As I said, a EL run would be more fun for fans but getting out of a CL group is demonstrably harder and shouldn't be overlooked as a marker of achievement

craigtheceltic likes this.
  10. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Aye, alright. Bet McDonald and Naka etc are falling over themselves to show their kids the medals they didnae get for their last-16 finishes. :87:

11. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Its a lot harder to do than it was when we took Milan to extra time, hence it hasn’t happened a lot since. Look at the great impact last years EL finalists had on the CL. Sevilla win it like clockwork cause they aren’t good enough to make a dent on the CL. Demonstrably harder, not as glamorous. Fans want glory, players want winners medals, but last 16 is extremely hard for a club at our level. We haven’t done either in a long time realistically so either would be great. Why would you want to finish 3rd when you could finish 2nd?

12. BigDoggyWoofWoof

Just reading through that newspaper interview. Obviously he's desperate not to let them paint a picture of a manager whose head has turned, but he could easily shut it all down in an instant by stating that he's staying.

You've just got to hope that Desmond reaches deep into his pockets, or that Levy has a change of heart. That's all it's going to come down to - who's offering what money and what his budget looks like.

13. Slaw

Reaching the last 16 is all that can be reasonably expected of us to be considered a great season and making a mark. It’s always been my dream to see us in a Quarter Final of it though

14. The big Viduka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    If Ange has no intention of leaving he should say so this rot stops

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  15. Slaw

He should be * ran from this place. I’ve been on this board for 15 years and I could count on one hand the amount of times I’ve vocally wanted someone gone. This * needs punted.

He called Barry Robson a Celtic legend ffs. No Celtic fan would say that.

His name is even a clue. A player a lot of people were disgusted we signed initially because he was a supposed Rangers supporter.

16. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    …because if you’re as on the money as you think you are about the level of team in that competition, we’d have a great stab at winning the thing.

Finish 2nd and we get horsed like last time vs Juve (you’re not the only one who recognises things have changed since Milan). Not a bit sick of perennially being miles off and going out on a virtually foregone conclusion?

Been far too long since we had a run in Europe. Why would you settle for being papped out of continental football by Feb when you could be in about it come Apr?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2023
  17. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Last 16 is not a “reasonable expectation” for us, we’re a pot 4 teams so that would involve beating at least two maybe three very good teams at least once and maybe you’ll qualify. Its a big, big ask would be a great achievement.

18. Slaw

Aye I’m with you mate. I didn’t mean expectation of us in general. I meant a reasonable expectation to be considered a great season. What is a great season for us in the CL? Reasonably, it’s a last 16 place.

19. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    We haven’t had knockout success for a long time, how many times have you thought we were primed for this mystical EL run that ends instantly? Its not some easy alternative either. Both would be great, if we find ourselves in a position to make last 16, there is no reason to want to drop down- nothing is guaranteed

20. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I get ye.