1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. horseshoe

Think we'll be lucky to get 3 years max out of most managers or players that prove themselves as successfully as Ange has.

Creativecelt and NakamuraTastic like this.
  2. James Gold Member Gold Member

Aye such are the pitfalls of being in Scotland as soon as we feel we're making real inroads we end up back at square one

3. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    My concern is more if Ange goes these kinda players might just want to go off the back of it.

Particularly the Japanese lads.

4. Lewis Kerr

Yeah, it's very much looking like another rebuild is on the cards. As you said this * me up because Ange was literally the perfect match for us, the type of guy I've craved ever since I started watching Celtic. It all fell into place perfectly. It feels like it's over prematurely which is gutting.

His replacement needs to be someone similar. I can't bear to watch us sit with 11 men behind the ball in Europe again or turn up feeling inferior like we did under Rodgers and Deila.

Ange was supposed to be our modern-day MON. But if we can get someone who improves on our recent European results whilst playing stylish football then I'll be happy. The thing is who else has the baws to set us up ultra attacking like Ange has done? Not many managers I can think of. Our football has been a joy to watch under Ange for the most part. I just feel like anyone else will be a downgrade in that sense.

Noskeil and Mr Shelby like this.
  5. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Even think Uefa/FIFA are getting * off with the EPL too, theyre raking in to much money from TV deals alone and completely leaving other leagues in the dust in terms of wages and fees. All the other leagues are now suffering because of it, throwing money at players just to stay in with a chance of winning the champions league.

NakamuraTastic, Morcombe and James like this.
  6. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Why? Otherwise what does the word renegotiate mean?

7. Thebs

I understand everyone's feelings and frustrations. Were looking at every Ange interview for signs of his future and the worry is kicking in causing these reactions.

But we really have no idea what's going on, likely the media are just as clueless. We have been here before and its just a testament to how well Ange has done. We know he met with DD not long ago and have no idea what was said but it's certain it had a purpose.

let's just enjoy a record making triple and see what happens afterwards.

8. wulliebad

If Ange goes we will lose half the team imo.

9. Slaw

I can’t read any of your posts without looking for a punchline :giggle1:

10. James Gold Member Gold Member

Serious times jumping between debates about Ange, his potential replacement and a potential treble.

I'm a mass debater

NakamuraTastic, Slaw and NomDePlum like this.
  11. Thebs

We don't just lose half a team, they have contracts and high values which we won't sell on the cheap. Players like Kyogo absolutely love the club and the fans.

No matter what happens we are in a good places, miles ahead of the huns on and off the pitch.

12. Lewis Kerr

Another one that will be gone when he gets a whiff of EPL interest.

Wake up and smell the coffee!

Taylor1 likes this.
  13. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    We've heard all the talk of how his goal was to make us a force in europe again and to make a mark in champions league.

Has he done that? No!!

Now it doesn't appear that he's not being supporterd in achieving that goal by the board, from the outside its fair to say hes being continually backed in his role.
    Now there maybe stuff going on behind the scenes, especially with the fat accountant back but there's certainly been no indication of it; not like there was under the rat in his last season.

So if he goes now without making a mark in Europe in my eyes he's a quitter and I honestly never had him down as that.

14. Thebs

The same could happen no matter if Ange stays or goes. Thats how this club is run. If a EPL club comes along it will be for a good price and will be reinvested

15. James Gold Member Gold Member

Aye there is no doubt for me if he leaves for Spurs then it's 100% for the money. Spurs are an absolute basket case if he has the same start at Spurs as he had here he would be lucky to get a chance to even try and turn it around such is the nature of the EPL.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  16. Taylor1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He had two shots at it and make a rat's tail of it. It's almost certain he would have * up again in Europe this year because he is so stubborn and won't change his ways.
    He is not all he is cracked up to be.
    A really good manager is flexible and adaptable.
    I can say that now he is going :57:

17. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    What does 'make a mark' in the CL actually mean for us as a club though? We're certainly not getting anywhere near winning it.

18. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    People keep saying its for the money. Personally I don't think it is mate. The guys been a successful football manager for 25 years. Australian national team, japanese teams with links to city group and Celtic arnt paying him peanuts. * he's just listed his house in Oz on the market for bout £2m.
    The guy is a multi millionaire and I'd imagine is already financially secure for life.

He's just another one who thinks that corrupt, circus act down the road is the be all and end all of football and thinks that's the place to be.

Just once, just * once. Id love to see someone up here stick 2 fingers up to them, tell them their league ain't * and realise that we are a bigger club than 90% of the * down there and tell them to shove it.

NakamuraTastic and Lewis Kerr like this.
  19. Thebs

3rd place, Europe past Christmas. A good run in Europa afterwards.

As much as I dream of us winning everything like I do on football manager

NakamuraTastic and Ryanm1984 like this.
  20. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Seen report's saying he wanted to reach last 16, personally I'd rather finish 3rd and go to a europa final. For me that would be making a mark in europe.
    Failing to best a * awful Shaktar Donetsk team over 2 games didnt quite cut it for me.

NakamuraTastic and Taylor1 like this.