1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Not ideal preperation for the cup final, if Ange is staying then why hasn't he came out and shut down the rumours ?

It wouldn't make any sense to allow this to continue, unless of course he is offski.

2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Would be phenomenal. Still clinging on to that bit of hope..

Doesn't look likely though..

MacEwan and TheHappyLoss like this.
  3. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jelly & icecream when rangers die
    The only conceivable alternative is they want to do a big song and dance announcement about a contract extension and they're keeping it on ice until after the final

neilly1987 and The Prof like this.
  4. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

That would be the most disappointing thing for me. I have been saying for days that people were focusing on what Ange hasn’t said recently and less on what he has said since the day he walked in the door.

If legacy is important to him and he believes in himself which he clearly does, he cannot think his job here is finished?

Surely seeing that pile of * across the Clyde get to euro final must make him think he can do that with us?

I know I’m probably clutching crates of straws but I’ve hung my hat on this man being the most sincere person I have ever seen manage Celtic, bar the man he famously quoted on Trophy Day funnily enough.

5. horseshoe

Ange has responded pretty much the same way he always does to questions from the media, it doesn't tell us anything one way or the other. Him and the team won't be letting any of the media speculation effect their preperation for the final.

LectersLuncheon and Sean Daleer like this.
  6. Foley1888

The interview was as expected, didn’t rule anything out either way. I believe it purely comes down to is he who Spurs want? If he is he will be gone, if he isn’t then he will still be here.

A sad position to be in but what I think is realistic.

All Ange really said is “if you think I am getting distracted from the job in hand of winning the final then your wrong”.

horseshoe likes this.
  7. deano_bhoy

Just because he hasn't fully shut down the rumours doesn't mean he's 100% away.

He could simply be keeping his cards close to his chest whilst he speak to Spurs and sees what they've got to offer. You'll find this happens more often than you may think.

He may then decide, like 4 or 5 other managers linked with the job, that it's not for him.

Equally, and I think this is the likely situation, that Spurs are still holding out for a bigger name, such as Luis Enrique, but are keeping Ange warm just incase the bigger name falls through.

There's a whole host of reasons why he wouldn't shut down the rumour completely.

Stop freaking out.

8. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

He has literally dealt with all speculation like this. Leeds was the same. Press conference. So Ange, Leeds?

Doesn’t bother me. Game at the weekend that’s what I meant here’s to talk about.

It’s everyone else seeing something else, Ange has said nothing different since walking in the door.

Next game.

He wouldn’t discuss a CL final against Barca in 7 days if he had Dukla Pumpherston in a friendly the weekend before it.

9. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Be very disappointed if he’s hitting out with statements like that then does go makes him no better than anyone else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Yep. If he isn't the main target (which he clearly wasn't) and someone comes back to the table like Enrique or whoever....then that's probably our only realistic hope of him staying..

If they're going all in on him now (which seems to be the case), it's over..

11. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Btw just say he had signed 5 year deal 3 weeks ago that still doesn’t mean he won’t go to spurs just means they would have to pay for him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  12. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
  13. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Funny you say that, as I thought in his chat with the pundits he had a wee dig in it regarding transfers 'if you stand still you get caught, you've got to keep on improving'. I didn't look too much into it, but was one of them sentences that stuck in my head. Perhaps pointing to the board to let them know we need to keep on investing or there's no point him being here.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  14. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Compensation might have put them off cos Levys a tight *

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Haha big Vega still wakes up at 3am drenched in sweat after yet another nightmare about not signing for the Tic full time :giggle1:

Don’t care what anyone says, you might go to a richer league but rarely anyone goes on to better things than Celtic Football Club.

johnboy19, Slaw, Seán Mac D and 5 others like this.
  16. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Also, * were supposed to be in good spirits, double winning weekend last week and run up to the cup final this week. Instead not one positive story about that, just fear mongering that ange leaves. Talk about * in someone's kettle, again only in this shithole country.

johnboy19 likes this.
  17. jambo_cfc

Romano stating that he thinks Enrique is holding out for the spurs job after speaking to Napoli.

18. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Il actually be pretty * if he's already spoke to Spurs and agreed a deal after all his talk of focusing on the final. He could have said to them I don't want to discuss anything until after the final but then Spurs could have pressured him into it saying they are going for someone else I suppose

19. Darksel

Where's he said that mate.

20. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Wait.... Wait...WAIT...

As much as I like @Blochairnbhoy as a poster, and I've ZERO reasons to doubt the veracity of his kids saying their goodbyes etc etc...

But it got me thinking...

About 6 weeks ago the rags ran a story about his house in Melbourne being out up for sale.
    My immediate thought was "he knows he doesn't need that house, he's not going back to Oz. ".

He's been living in rented accommodation has he not?

Is it not just as plausible that his family have decided to settle OUT of the city? A Celtic manager shouldn't be living in Glasgow , neither should his family.
    It could be just mere coincidence.

The fact that he's a beams and smiles in training and is chopping off journos at the legs is giving me renewed hope.

Maybe he's signed a new contract, and it's being announced AFTER the final?

Or am I being too optimistic that our manager hasn't been approached by Mr Clean and his basket case of primadonna fruitcakes?