1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Darksel

Guy on KDS says we've already offered Ange the counter and he's said no :giggle1:

2. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic

Fixed it for you

littlekennie likes this.
  3. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    so true :56:keep going @Blochairnbhoy

4. Thebs

Spurs fans think they are a big club who deserve better. The twitter campaign against Ange is embarrassing.

They are a joke of a club, badly managed, terrible mentality in the team and can't keep any of the big appointments they are made. Spurs can't even offer European football. I think they need some realism.

Unfortunately they are in the EPL and can offer big money. I don't want to believe Ange will leave

gazb1888 and DonnyCelt like this.
  5. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

No you haven’t buddy, you’ve added words he never said for some unknown reason?

Wee bit weird.

6. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    To be fair to David Moyes
    Would love for Spurs fans to shoot themselves in the feet and win their little campaign of not making him manager. Remember hun fans once did the same to that big American investor and he just ran a mile.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  7. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    If he goes I don't think that it's about the money. He may believe that going to the EPL raises his profile and given his age the opportunity might not come again. We want him to stay and achieve legendary status by taking us as far as he can go.

8. gazb1888

“Hey you there with the sad face”..Ange singing to Levy over the phone when he tells him he’s staying at the worlds best club, best supporters, best stadium..I could go on..

9. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Hate that fixed it for you pish.

No you haven’t. You've changed it to mean something I never said, never meant to say and never asked to be corrected.

Up there the with “hilarious” Wikipedia edits about loving the RA and hating the huns.

PaulM1888 likes this.
  10. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Or destroy lol

11. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    I know!

12. James Gold Member Gold Member

I reckon he's gone but I pray I'm wrong

13. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I love the way he talks and I really hope he’s not at it.

neilly1987 likes this.
  14. TheHappyLoss

Since wee Fergus ousted those clowns that attempted to run our club many great players and managers have left. In the main Celtic have gone from strength to strength. If Ange wants to be somewhere else other than this great club fair enough. Many have left to discover Celtic were the happiest time in their career.

littlekennie likes this.
  15. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Not doubting you and the guy who knows the uncle of the guy who is Head of Sports Science don’t know each other well. Was just the quotes text seemed a bit off but if you changed it up to fit the context then that’s fair enough.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  16. Bonobhoy

All this rumour * is ruining the build up to Saturday.

Win the Record Breaking Treble and have the biggest * party the world has seen whilst not to soon after await the news Ange is staying to do another Record Breaking Treble and become the Worlds Most Successful Club.

17. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Btw the media know what they are doing to create unrest before Saturday.

Scenes if Ange announces contract talks after the game. He will be relieved and I think we will hear the truth about what he wants to do.

neilly1987 and craigtheceltic like this.
  18. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic are just 48 hours away from another Scottish Cup final appearance, and the chance to secure a clean sweep of domestic trophies for the season.

With the Premiership trophy and League Cup safely ensconced in the Celtic Park trophy room, the target is now on completing the set on Saturday.

And Ange Postecoglou has said his side is focused solely on beating Inverness Caley Thistle at Hampden in order to deliver another success for the Celtic fans to celebrate.

It would also represent a historic eighth treble for the club, with Jock Stein, Brendan Rodgers and Neil Lennon having all previously achieved that feat.

The Celtic manager wants his team to join that list, and says that preparations have been going well this week ahead of Saturday’s game.

Speaking at Lennoxtown today, Ange Postecoglou said: “I’m looking forward to it. Last year it was the one trophy that escaped us, and the whole day, the occasion.

'It’s the last game in the calendar for us and just to be a part of it was the first thing we were excited about. You want to win every trophy you’re up for, and making it a treble would make it a truly special season.'

“The players have been outstanding in maintaining a real focus of each game being the most important and that’s what’s got us to this place because I think after we won the league a few weeks back, it would have been very easy to let their minds wander a little bit but last week you could see they were back focused and ready to go.

“To be fair, training has always been good. Obviously after the Hearts game, from my perspective I could have taken a couple of different approaches. When we beat Hearts we were champions.

“We knew there were still four or five games to go and my view was that when somebody has such a real defined goal and they achieve it, there’s bound to be a letdown.

You look at every team around Europe that wins with games to spare, invariably there’s a drop-off.

I tried to counter that by being clever and changing the team around and I think all that did was disrupt our cohesiveness and our rhythm because the guys coming in, to be fair they hadn’t played for ages.

“It didn’t really work but in the back of my mind I always knew the boys had Trophy Day and the cup final, and those are the days when they’d be switched on and ready to go, and you saw at the weekend, right from the first minute we were determined to be at our best.

'So there’s nothing at training that has changed. It’s just probably for the guys themselves, there’s real clarity now about what they need to achieve.'

The manager also spoke about his own focus ahead of the game against Inverness Caley Thistle, and he will keep the same approach that has always been the case, only thinking about the 90 minutes ahead and the need to deliver a positive result for the Celtic supporters.

“I really want to make sure we play well in this cup final and make it a truly special season,” he said, “because I know that this football club has had a lot of success recently, including trebles.

“But over the history of time there aren’t too many that can claim to that, so, not just for myself and this football club, for some of these players, it might be the only one they get so we really need to focus on that.

“Our supporters want to roll up on cup day and celebrate and make sure it’s a special day because anything I say now will mean absolutely zero if we don’t win on Saturday.

“So that’s where my focus lies because that’s my responsibility, and that won’t change. I’ve been pretty clear on that and I will continue to be clear on that.

'It’s a massive role to be manager of this football club and for me to be dismissive of potentially our biggest game of the year is just not going to happen.'

The manager also confirmed that Alistair Johnston has been training all week, while Sead Haksabanovic is also back with the squad.

However, Kyogo hasn’t trained so far this week since picking up an injury against Aberdeen last weekend, although the plan is for him to train with the team tomorrow and see what happens from there.

19. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    And Levy would never let him be as invested in Tottenham as he is in Celtic. We are Ange's project, and he's set everything up for another run at Europe. Stupid not to take that, given that Tottenham won't see Europe at all.

For the record, I'm not a die-hard fan of Ange (I prefer defensive tactics in Europe, and care about possession as much as you people care for the dead queen). People saying him leaving would feel like a death in the family etc. have left me speechless. But I also know that there are good opportunities to progress, and death traps. Tottenham right now are an obvious death trap.

Ange will leave us in 1-2 seasons, when big clubs take note of his European runs, and he'll be a renowned name.

20. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Spurs fans are total *

That is all