1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    You said his wife and kids were saying their goodbyes and emotional about leaving Glasgow.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  2. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    I've done this dance a few times this year

I like that....here's hoping.

3. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    You clearly don't know our board.

They were completely lucky the way it has panned out under Ange. I'm not belittling Ange as a manager, I'm belittling our board.

4. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Which they did the OP said ange told me personal which he didn't

5. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    * hope so.

I also hope they have a terrible season under whoever they have, as long as it isn't Ange.

NakamuraTastic and johnboy19 like this.
  6. Darksel

So the board are expected to offer Ange a counter offer, probably because they realise how important he is.

Wonder if he'll take it.

7. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Doesn’t sound like someone who is about to be announced as Spurs manager, folk need to chill.

NakamuraTastic and honda like this.
  8. horseshoe

I don't think Ange responds any different regardless of what happens with him staying or going, he's focused on the game in front of him no matter what.

9. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I would love it, absolutely love it, if Ange was using the speculation to get more guarantees about taking us to the next level.

No intention of leaving yet but smart enough to know that hedging his bets could net him extra transfer funds.

You may say, I’m a dreamer... :giggle1:

10. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I’ve said it before, but Ange using this interest to improve his own contract and his spending power at Celtic is absolutely in play here.

11. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Trying to stay away from all this but why is everyone talking like it's a done deal already?

12. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Ange Postecoglou has insisted speculation linking him with a move to Tottenham "doesn't register".

The Celtic boss has been tipped to make the switch to North London after the Scottish Cup final this weekend.

And reports on Thursday claim Celtic chiefs have already started the search for his successor.

However, the manager pushed back when quizzed on the Spurs links as he stated his full focus remains on the Hampden showdown with Inverness.

Somebody else was favourite last week. It doesn't register," said Postecoglou of the reported Spurs interest.

"I get all the interest and why people love to speculate on these things. We have worked really, really hard to get ourselves into this position.

"For me, to let my mind wander to anything else other than getting our team prepared for a big day on Saturday is just not who I am.

"You make it sound like it is the first time it has happened to me. We've done this dance a few times this year. The players are well aware of where my thoughts lie.

You're not invested in this football club like I am, my players are, the supporters are. For me, I woke up this morning thinking about one thing, the same thing I have been thinking about for the last seven days; really wanting to make sure we play well in this cup final and make it a truly special season.

"I know this club has had a lot of success recently including trebles, in the history of time they aren't too many that can claim to that, not just for myself but for this football club and some of these players. It might be the only one they get so we need to really focus on that."

littlekennie likes this.
  13. Darksel

I'm glad he is honestly, he's the one who is transforming the club.

14. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Wouldn't surprise me if that happens. I know lots of Spurs fans, all get very defensive when you point out that they live off of being a big club 40 years ago and a rivalry with Arsenal, which is a lot tamer than media make out. They think they are a huge club, part of this so called big 6 with Man City, Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea who have all won the league in the last 20 years and 3 of them won European competitions. Spurs have won a Carling cup in that time.

15. horseshoe

Hope you're right, but would he need to be doing this? Talk the other week after he'd met with DD is that he'd been promised the moon, a bigger deal than Rodgers was on.

16. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Using words invested is interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

* me this is the football equivalent of torture. I just want the big man to lift the cup and sign a 5 year deal on the dotted line so I can continue to rip the * out of spurs.

Of all the teams he could go to, they're up there with the most laughable and detestable of the lot.

18. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

That would be the ultimate * you to the press. Though he’s not someone motivated by money and Nicholson has given him pretty much everything he’s wanted so far with good sized budget.

I think he’s just treating the Scottish press with the contempt they deserve by keeping them in the dark and feeding them * like the mushrooms they are.

19. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Won’t just be the deal itself but assurances over transfer budget so Ange can take us where he believes he can.

It’s all the talk about legacy that interests me. Does Ange look around Celtic Park on a Saturday, soaking up the adulation of a capacity fanatical support and think a treble cements his legacy here?

I don’t think he believes he has taken us as far as he can and for that reason I can’t imagine why he would bolt.

Maybe I am a dreamer. Time will tell.

20. Darksel

This genuinely has turned my thoughts around on the situation, I'm ready to put my money back on the ban me if he goes stage :giggle1: