1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

I have a bad feeling. He
    Itll probably just be for treble related celebrations let's be honest. I hope I'm wrong of course

Peej likes this.
  2. Mr Cleansheets

This is the sensible perspective and I hope it's right.

However, Ange thrives on a challenge and can you imagine his skyrocketing reputation if he DID manage to turn the spurs basket case around? He'd be Pep squared.

Then there's the money - life changing money even if he gets sacked early.

I desperately want him to stay but I won't be surprised if he goes. He's still done a brilliant job for Celtic.

3. John Bhoy79 Stop the world I want to get off!

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    There is a difference between thinking someone won't be a success and thinking they are beneath you just as there is between the Scottish league not being as strong as the English league and it being beneath them.

4. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    I dont think you wait another week only for the answer to be no but then again it is Spurs

5. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Spurs fans would prefer him cos he's 'bigger'

Napoli in talks with Luis Enrique but believe he prefers Premier League job
    • Former Spain coach a target for other clubs, including Spurs
    • Napoli president says Premier League is ‘more attractive’
    Napoli are in talks with Luis Enrique about becoming their manager but the president, Aurelio De Laurentiis, has indicated that the former Spain and Barcelona coach would prefer a Premier League job.

Napoli are seeking a replacement for Luciano Spalletti, who is standing down after winning Serie A. Luis Enrique is one their leading candidates but Napoli are aware he features on the shortlists of other clubs, including Tottenham.

De Laurentiis told the broadcaster Rai: “He is a great coach , he has done very well at Barcelona, but I think he has the Premier League in mind. It must be remembered that we compete with many leagues that are more attractive than ours, like the English one.” He referred to “more attractive resources” in England.

6. deano_bhoy

They've been searching for a manager for more than 70 days. They've literally been at this same stage with about 5 other managers

NomDePlum and NakamuraTastic like this.
  7. jambo_cfc

I hope he’s not away but the way he is answering questions is similar the way he was answering in Japan when we were talking to him. Spurs have the tools to be a top club and I think that is what might turn anges head. He would basically have a free hit after this season and European qualification and a good trophy runs would be his remit.

8. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
  9. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Ange isn't going.

But I'd also add there isn't that much at Spurs to turn round. They are rich, have great facilities, some very decent players, mid to upper table which is pretty much where they are most years. So being successful at Spurs is pretty much top 4 finish and do something in Europe at some point. Hardly Pep squared.

Pep squared is winning the League and possibly a domestic cup year 1 and the CL year 2.

What makes them a bampot club is their football structure and Levy. Ange ain't going to be change that. No way is he going.

craigtheceltic likes this.
  10. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Difference is Ange knows Daniel levy and some of the board there is a personal relationship there as well and that can often sway things, despite being a basket case club.

11. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    You mean "knows Daniel Levy is a tight * of a control freak".

Creativecelt and paulo123 like this.
  12. Kiro Kompiro

13. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

The club have already announced they’re providing the facilities for people to flock to in the event we win on Saturday. Off the back of the pressure from everyone, including the government, after last weekend when everyone knew we were heading to the Trongate then were amazed that folk were * in the street and left bottles on the ground when there were no toilets or bins provided.

14. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    This X 1000. Would be good to know one way or the other so we can enjoy the final properly and know we are either saying goodbye to Ange or getting pumped up for another season under him.

15. Peter T. Lawwell Esq Chairman of Celtic FC PLC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Had a nightmare last night that Ange was definitely off.

He had put his house in Glasgow up for sale and they were doing viewings. I went along and done a jobby in the toilet and didn't flush.

I got caught on camera because he has security cameras in his bathroom for some reason. His security team were hunting for me. It was very intense.

Lewis Kerr, NomDePlum and Jeannie960 like this.
  16. honda Gold Member Gold Member

True but imagine he does the I'm not * leaving speech after winning? :56: that could beat the roar of actually winning the thing.

17. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Sorry I wasn't aware of being PA. It's just that I have had a lot of my own opinion shot down by folks over the years who passively aggressively minimize my opinion in the sense that I don't know what I'm talking about and that theirs is far more valid. Perhaps I was a bit too quick to jump. It can be difficult on a male dominated forum to have a voice at times albeit it's a lot better today than it was years ago.

18. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

19. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Sometimes I think that the adulation we show for Ange isn't something he's comfortable with. He doesn't come across as a touchy feely guy................more like a big bear (pardon the analogy) and not a teddy bear at that. It's all business with him? Get the job done kind of guy. I hope that we haven't gone and done it again by putting him on a pedestal. We only see so much of an individual as he wants us to see. What isn't in doubt is that he's a * good manager.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  20. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

He doesn’t beat about the bush. He’s had opportunity’s to rule himself out but hasn’t. That’s tells me he’s very interested but whether they offer it to him I don’t know! Would say it’s more likely he’s going rather than staying now though.

JamesM09 likes this.