1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Really don’t like that this is casting a cloud over a potential treble.

2. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Yeah. " I was actually told something this morning , so I'm going to say Ange will be managing in the EPL next season " .

3. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

“I am still here even though people have been getting me out the door. I am hoping that over the course of time as long as I’m here, and I think you will be surprised how long I am here, I am just consumed by what I do. That is to try to make this football club the best it can be and enjoy every minute of it.’

Direct quote from February. Just for context.

lazyregula and NomDePlum like this.
  4. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    You should be punished for wanting rid of us Aussies :fear:

No matter, at least I’m not in a panic and tizz like the rest.

* on here celebrate the death of the queen and make world-wide headlines for telling the king to * off, then lose the plot when ‘their’ media comes for them in the Scottish Cup week :56::56::56:

I want to say you couldn’t make this * up, but clearly the hun supporting media has and the Celtic support is swallowing it, hook, line and sinker :99:

The state of some of you… more entertaining than when they were threatening to burn jerseys if they hired this * impostercoglou :56::56::56:

5. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    5 years surely. Don't be so pessimistic.

6. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

The royal family are dirty rats

Australians are arrogant *

can’t stand any of them

:fear:

7. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    We all thought we were above Ange but he won us over, English football fans have always thought our league is beneath them, of course in a lot of concrete ways it is. I don't believe he'll get the time to win Spurs fans over as he'll be out the door if a team that have no right to be competing for the league aren't competing for the league after ten games.

NakamuraTastic and lazyregula like this.
  8. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    I'm still wholly opTIMistic.

Ange isnt a fool. And only a complete fool would take that Spurs job. It's probably the poison chalice of English football.

The prevailing notion that "it's the prem though innit" is a nonsense equivalency. A basket case is still a basket case. Doesn't matter that the basket is sitting on the top shelf or not. It's still a * basket.
    And make no mistake, it is a basket case of a club.

As @McChiellini.. aptly stated; Liverpool, Man U, City, Villa, Brighton, Newcastle, Arsenal all well ahead of them in terms of squad development. That's not even accounting that they have TWO "stars" in their entire squad, one of them with one foot out the door, the other staring down the barrel of age.

Levy is an absolute moon unit, who runs Spurs like Wenger's Arsenal. Cheap *. Club literally has the lowest profit to spend ratio in the entire league, and with no CL football this year, there's a snowballs chance in * Levy will pony up the dough for a rebuild.

Roll into that a beligerant fanbase with delusions about where they should / could be in the pecking order, as well as he'd be taking the most high risk job in a league that saw a record TWELVE managers sacked last season. TWELVE.

The comparisons to BR are also moot.

Ange joined us as a golden ticket. A once in a lifetime opportunity that would fulfil his dream of managing in Europe, and it was only made possible due to his connections with City Group.

Rodgers joined us to repair a broken reputation and as a means to an end to get back to his beloved EPL. He can crow all he likes about his love for Celtic. We were nothing more than a free ride back to England for him.

So... In summary, here's the real comparison ppl should be making;

Club A:
    CL football
    Chance for trophies.
    Chance to add to a glowing reputation
    Adoring fans
    Trusting relationship with BoD and shareholders.
    Comparatively great transfer budget.

Club B:
    No CL football
    Zero chance of challenging for title
    Big possibility of destroying hard won reputation
    Slavering and delusional fan base that have already started to move against him.
    Working for a stingy zoomer that's sacked some of the greatest managers in modern football.
    Comparatively dog * transfer budget.

"But it's the prem, innit".

Like * it is.

We were a baw hair away from having Eddie Howe as our manager, but the club refused to let him bring his own staff in, having been burned before by Rodger's entourage of incompetent halfwits.
    Ange was a clear plan B.

Spurs can't even get a meeting with a Feynoord manager, after plans A, B, and C also told them to do one.

As I said, a basket case is a basket case. And Ange is NOT a fool.

He's going nowhere. End of.

9. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    *Shrugs* As am I.

For me, it's not even remotely close between Ange and MoN, Tommy, etc. If you feel differently, smashing for ye. I'm allowed to say what I think in response to you without taking passive-aggression about whether you're looking for agreement or not. It's a forum after all.

10. The big Viduka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    thank you

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  11. The big Viduka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    They even got thread about replacement for ange.

12. BigDoggyWoofWoof

This is the bottom line. Put yourself in his shoes, even as a Celtic fan. Sign a two-year deal and get fired within 6 months and you're still made for life. Think what that money can do for your kids, at 59 years old as well.

I'm a Celtic fan and if I was presented with those two choices, I'd take quadrupling my money every time. Even Tierney who's Celtic daft couldn't resist the money the richer clubs down south can offer. If they come in, he's away. You've just got to hope they don't come in for him.

13. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    I saw that, haven’t even bothered reading it, why waste your time when he’s staying.

14. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Stone the flamin’ crows! You might be notorious but I’ve been here long enough to know that you are a crow.

Ya just said you can’t stand Ange… :ange2:

I’m handing out the stones, you better fly :fear:

Creativecelt likes this.
  15. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I hear there is a stage being built outside the front doors of the stadium.

That's not something you do if you know your manager is "formally" being approached and is for the off.

That's something you do to celebrate a treble winning season and announcing a new contract for the manager.

Surely to *.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  16. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Or something you would do as one last hurrah for him. I suspect everything has been agreed with Tottenham since Slot turned them down and its just a case of making it official after Saturday

17. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Don't buy that though, seems poor to know that and plan this knowing he announces his departure.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

18. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Might have been working on the deal behind the clubs back. Tends to be case these days that managers are tapped up before clubs approach "officially "

19. deano_bhoy

There's literally nothing to suggest that a deal is being worked on behind the scenes or that Ange has even spoken to Spurs yet.

He's their preferred candidate now, however they have literally had over 5 preferred candidates since Conte left and all of them have declined after speaking with Levy.

My view is that Ange is keeping his options open so he can at least speak to them and see what they've got to offer. He'd be silly not to. Doesn't mean he's going to like what they've got to offer - which could be likely given how the other preferred candidates have responded.

I personally think they'll go with Luis Enrique who all the English media are also claiming is still in the picture. Dont let the Scottish media have you think Ange is their only option.

Enrique was speaking with Napoli, but their president said he had his heart set on the Premier league so I wouldn't be surprised if he gets it.

20. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    For the love o * :rofl: