1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    They've been signed to play in Anges system and it's been drilled into them from the start. We need to appoint a manager that plays in a similar way imo

NakamuraTastic and Cringer67 like this.
  2. horseshoe

That's the only reason I think there could be something in it, Munn coming to spurs from the city group and being Australian himself will have a far better idea of what Ange is about than the rest of the arrogant muppets down there there would just dismiss him because scotland is a farmers league or whatever. Could be in Levy's ear telling him to give Ange a go and back him to do things his way, instead of another 'big name' manager from down there that they've failed working with.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  3. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

Level of rebuild would be dictated by any new managers style of play, system etc. Thank * Ange is staying so we don't need to worry bout it.

neilly1987 and NakamuraTastic like this.
  4. TonyTim

You would think by some of the comments on here about Ange going to Spurs that an offer had been made to him, Its all media hype and speculation to take the focus away from us doing yet another treble, no approach or offer has been made to him....yet. The Hun media and pundits do not want to talk about us or have a build up to the cup final where we can win a world record of 8 Trebles. This is pretty unfair on Caley as a Championship Club they have done well to get to the Final. Ange shows how much he loves the Club, he knows we gave him his great chance to manage and establish himself in Europe. But money talks, no matter how poisoned Spurs are or any other Club in the EPL is, a lucrative salary for a couple of years would win anybody over. Saturday night after the Final we will know for sure if he wants to move on.

5. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    True, although I think it's an almost unique case with Ange where clubs have been impressed by a number of different aspects: the rebuild he had to do, his recruitment, how quickly he turned it around, coming in on his own, how he's dealt with the media and his overall charisma, his vision and of course the attacking brand of football.

All those things combined will tick a lot of boxes, which is likely why he's being linked with sides the level of Chelsea and Tottenham, where previously that's just not been the case regardless of how well a manager has done in Scotland.

JamesM09 likes this.
  6. KEANO1

I have no doubt Ange will listen to Spurs if there is genuine interest. His enthusiasm for football will not allow himself to disregard the opportunity.

Plenty of carrots and history will be dangled in front of him. Bigger budgets, better players, more money and the first Australian to manage in the English Premier League.

He had an opportunity to rule it out on Saturday and didn’t, I wouldn’t expect him to say anything after the cup final either.

Odds on with the bookies to go but I’d say the odds are still in our favour but have a feeling they might not be for too long.

7. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    You having a laugh on both counts, lol

Aye we're paying him £50-60k a week and spurs would pay him £250-£300k, lol. He'd be lucky to get the £50k from Spurs ffs.

Jesus wept.

I'd be surprised if he's on half that with Celtic.

8. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    Then there wouldn't be anybody to post the news article about Ange going to Spurs :fear:

9. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Shut this pessimistic thread down

He is not going to * spurs

We have a treble to win!

10. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

All the best at Spurs Ange :58:

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  11. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    Alright, calm down Jeff Stelling.

12. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Except how is Munn going to get a guy like Levy to relinquish control and loosen the purse strings? He is the reason Ange won't come to Tottenham, despite Munn, better facilities or a bit more money in terms of salary.

13. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Can’t agree with that. Strachan, I’d say Ange is at the same level for me now, but not MoN and not Tommy for that matter either (Caesar, Hay, etc were before my time so can’t comment there).

We all love Ange, but he isn’t even near that level of connection I feel with those two guys, imo. He’s been a special manager for us, for sure: coming from the background he had - and with the club’s recent backdrop of massive lows and disappointments, knowing he was second-choice, and inheriting a depleted and demoralised squad losing players left and right - and then achieving what he has, not just in terms of trophies, but also in turning the whole feel of the club around, never mind player development, performances, and restoring the club’s footballing identity.

Few in recent times equal that sort of impact in just two seasons. Even BR - and if we’re all honest, he did fantastically well for a guy who couldn’t recruit for toffee (and that’s even before you consider PL shafting him out of a budget on a yearly basis) - in winning those trebles didn’t have anything like the same level of turnaround to perform, and didn’t effect the comprehensive changes Ange has helped bring (change of Chief Exec undoubtedly helps. Ange under Lawwell might have been a different story).

Nevertheless, MoN came in at a time when it was really a dog-fight between us and EBT-era Oldco to establish domestic dominance, which he generally did; also won our first treble in literally decades and took us to a European final, all while retaining the best centre-forward we’ve had in the post-war era (I think we can all agree Larsson is at least equal to Dalglish) for an unfeasible length of time.
    That, combined with the clear lifelong love he’s had for the club, make him exceptionally difficult to better in terms of fan connection. Only one in my 30 years following Celtic that does is Tommy, for all the obvious reasons.

14. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

I’ll happily take the punishment if this happens

15. CountyDownFaithful

If Arne Slot can turn them down to focus on Feyenoord then Ange can easily do the same.

Spurs job is a bit of a poisoned chalice. They have the infrastructure, money and location to be a huge club but they always Spurs it.

We are a much bigger club - fan base and history wise - and Ange has complete control of it more of less. He’s been very successful but you could argue he has only laid the foundations for what he could achieve if he stays longer.

Continued domestic success - overtaking their total trophy haul

Building a team from scratch and qualifying for last 16 of CL or a latter stages of the Europa.

Both of which could be delivered next season and then he would get even bigger offers.

Creativecelt and NakamuraTastic like this.
  16. paulo123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Ange would get 4-5 million tops per season down there, that Levy is a tight *.

17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    No for me. If he goes i never liked the * anyway..

18. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Still considerably more than we're paying him

£5m p/a is just shy of £100k per wk gross - I'd guess we're paying between £20-30k per wk

19. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    One of my best mates from Dublin living in London is a Spuds season ticket holder and this was his his response to that "we deserve better" thing on twitter on our WhatsApp group...

"It’s a polite way of saying stay in Scotland you fat useless Aussie * … this is the epl!!!!"

Standard spuds fan view.. arseholes

20. Jaxxx Orchestrated Sonic Attacker Gold Member

His 3 year contract with us will be announced after we win the treble...if I keep saying it it's bound to come true :fear:

Creativecelt, neilly1987 and Peej like this.