1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

So they are always right aye

:56:

2. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    What makes me think it seems likely is did Spurs not sack Conte about 2 month ago and he was on the verge of the sack for ages as well. No way they haven't picked a new manager and it would make sense they are letting Ange see out the season before doing it.

Only thing if they do want him but it's not agreed yet that could * it is maybe if Ange wants to make big changes. Ange saying he'll take the job but wants to sell Kane, Son, Hojbjerg, Dier, Romero, Lloris and use the money to rebuild a squad for his style their board will probably bottle it and think we're not letting this * make allsorts of changes and * it up and they'll get chased and Ange probably will want a full rebuild as he's not going to play his style with a lot of thier players. He'll want fit fast guys up front to press, technical midfielders and stuff that they don't have a lot of and probably don't have the money without selling Kane and others.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  3. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Where did I say they are always right ? The poster said he hadn't seen any "credible" sources picking up this story. Which is patently untrue as Sky Sports is the most credible and up to speed source in UK football.

4. Living the dream

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnston
    It’s worrying that nothing is coming from Ange he could end all this crap talk by saying I’m happy at Celtic. Roll on next season

5. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Just because it’s coming from Sky or a wee guy with links to spurs doesn’t mean they are right

That’s the * point the press actually get it wrong despite claiming to have a source

6. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    To be fair Ange wasn’t available when we got him if you know what i mean.

7. TheHappyLoss

Please one more year Ange :ynwacelti

NakamuraTastic and Doogs. like this.
  8. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    They are getting their info from Spurs though. Spurs have obviously been briefing them that they are going to approach Ange after the final. He might go or he might not but its daft to try and deny that Spurs are seriously interested

9. horseshoe

No it isn't, he never responds to rumours from the rags, he would be carrying himself the exact same way if he was leaving or not.

10. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

And they are wrong I’ll guarantee you that

Im not gonna * myself unlike some people have on this site embarrassing stuff

11. JamesM09

I don’t really mean big names mate. I mean the top upcoming managers who are looking to manage in a top league or the EPL.

If you assume Ange goes to Spurs and you imagine we were in this exact position 2 years ago then I think Howe and his team, for example, would’ve been a much easier get.

I’m not really across the current managers but again referring to a few years ago someone like Jesse Marsch was a desirable target for many who was probably just out of our reach. An equivalent to that today would be much more achievable in my opinion.

I think it’s an easy sell. 2-3 years of success at Celtic playing good football and you can get a shot at the UCL and put yourself in serious contention for an EPL job. *spits*

12. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Who Spurs?

13. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Sky sports and the likes

14. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    I would be fairly sure Tottenham will look to speak to Ange based on the outlets claiming they know they will. Fairly reliable. Not a million percent , but not the type of blogs or click bait places that you can reasonably dismiss. Anyway , we will find out next week.

15. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Here’s what we will do here

If Ange leaves for spurs the mods can ban me for 3 weeks

littlekennie and Creativecelt like this.
  16. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Half these type of guys are pure hype though I think. We've got lucky as * with Ange, Rodgers was good also but I feel even Ange is a few levels above him.

That Marsh was that the American who went to Leeds? you would not have him anywhere near us now.

Im the same in that I barely know any managers but having seen decent managers here like Rodgers and now Ange and even Deila who was ok but not the right character, will take some doing to get someone good in. Rodgers was dreadful in the transfer market, Deila wasn't a big enough character. To have Ange who is superb at everything it's only going to be a pure collapse I think no matter who comes in, the football and results will be worse and the manager will be worse probably allround.

BhoyFitz likes this.
  17. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Like I’ve said they get it wrong

That’s the * point

18. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    There are no "likes" . Sky Sports have more contacts inside football clubs than anywhere else , by a mile. They are across it all and , generally speaking , they only update on news if they have solid sources from within specific football clubs. They bankroll football in this country and get fed news first and most reliably.

19. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

So yer trying to tell me they never get anything wrong

Come on to *

:56:

20. JamesM09

I get what you’re saying but it’s overly negative mate.

Of course we could get it wrong but there’s really good managers all across Europe right now and we’re a very attractive proposition without a doubt.

If Ange doesn’t go this summer he will almost certainly go one of the next two so we need to move forward eventually.

For me the attitude should be positive. Ange is terrific but let’s do better.

Ironically you could say it’s an attitude we should’ve learned from Ange himself.