1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Yeah , just came up as a short on YouTube. Not sure how old it is , but he essentially says he was told something this morning and he fully expects Ange to be managing down South next season.

Wllm likes this.
  2. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Pack yer bags

3. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I actually could, he Greek brought up in Australia, not a Celtic fan.

Probably wants to reach the very top, Spurs is probably one of the top 15 jobs in the World, club football certainly im terms of the quality of player you can afford to have. He will probably think if he manages one of the top like 15 richest teams he could have one of the top 5 teams in the world as he's better than other managers.

He'll not get near that with us.

Then theres the money and living in London as well, Spurs managers must get £100k a week minimum, probably £millions just to join. Will probably get more money just for joining Spurs than he's earned in his whole life up to now.

4. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Rather trust Robin of Sherwood and he was a * robber :)

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  5. Bonobhoy

Spurs are the Hibs of England.

Why go there when there is an extremely high possibility he will be sacked with just a few games going the wrong way....You think he would get the same leeway the way he starting our games last season down there? England is a fake as * for football,all money no emotion to their clubs.

We have all seen the teams down there on CL nights...Flat as * and no atmosphere.

Yeah Scotland is * and our league is * but we have emotions very few nations have for their football teams.....and England aint one of them.

Be disappointed he went down there for any job id rather see him got to Italy or Germany or Spain than the fake Bullshit down South.

6. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    One of the things with Angeball is that it always takes a varying amount time to get up and running. I know it was just a friendly, but remember that early game against West Ham when we were being ripped open at will?

If he goes to Spurs, the people appointing him might accept that there will be a bedding in process, but lose his first few games and their entitled supporters would be putting huge pressure on Levy to make a change. Then there's the English media who will pile on a struggling manager, especially a relative unknown, to create their stories. This applies especially to foreign managers, and for an Australian the negative headlines will practically write themselves.

I remember Pepe Mel coming into the Premier League with a good reputation in European football, and then leaving as a laughing stock when it didn't go well, due in no small part to the perception the media created of him. Failed British managers like Sam, Pardew, Pulis etc. rarely receive the same treatment, perhaps because they have mates and supporters on the Soccer Saturday panel and the like.

7. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Talks about us in the CL next season and quoting Tommy Burns on trophy day plus the numerous times he’s shot down the speculation in the past. He’ll be here for another season, maybe longer if he wants to sign a 4 year deal and then he will go.

With what he has already built here, can’t see him moving on after 2 seasons. His shortest stint since 2009 was 18months after being offered the National team job, I don’t think Spurs will tickle his fancy at all. Not enough to pull him just now.

8. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I remember that West Ham game well, I don't think I even watched any pre-season games and that was the first time I seen us.

I remember thinking we were pumped but it was shocking the way we played, you could already see all the ideas right away and we were all over them in the game and probably should have had 6 goals ourselves we were just wide open at the back.

9. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Earlier today i heard from a very reliable source (my postman), that Ange is going nowhere, hope that settles everyone down.

10. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    On their forum people have been calling him Postman Ange.

So no, that hasn't settled me down, it's some kind of a sign, aaaahhhhhh!

11. Bangarangura

Really wouldn't blame him for going

12. JamesM09

I increasingly think he will go. There’s some chance he will decide to stay. It would be a great announcement after the game at the weekend.

What I would say is if he goes it might not be the worst thing. We’re in a fantastic position and I would say we can definitely attract a really top manager. If you consider there’s been EPL speculation since January for Ange then our board has had plenty of time to plan a replacement.

There’s no reason for us not to improve next season no matter what happens.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  13. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The biggest reason why those rumors should be ignored is because they don't make sense. Ange is a man of projects. And how does he work on a project if the people running the club don't let him set things up properly? Anyone who has Tottenham fans as mates can go ask them what Levy does. Or read what Pochettino, Mourinho and Conte have said about the relationship with the board. Ange isn't touching that with a 10 foot barge pole.

If he wants money, Middle East is an easy way to get it.

14. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    They call him Postman Ange...because he always delivers!

15. honda Gold Member Gold Member

In Spain the now and the sun's out and it's no raining like last week and I bumped into an official looking Spanish chap. He told me to help my self out the fridge of beers, and not to worry about ange, you accidently paid for this upgrade to unlimited free booze out this special fridge.

So aye. He's staying and I'm no moving from this fridge.

16. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    Looks like he's offski now.

17. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Looking more into it. We have a history of giving managers new contracts in the showers after cup finals. It'll be fine.

18. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

For a man who’s gone according to some

That’s another interview put out from the club today from Big A

19. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    According to a poster on kds Ange was supposed to attend a meet and greet today with the 67 club but no showed

20. TheHappyLoss

According to KDS Eddie Howe was getting announced on the Wednesday……….

NakamuraTastic, blackfish and Peej like this.