1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I can tell you right now, captain or not, Spurs put an offer of £100k a week down in front of Callum McGregor and he would be off as well. Again, anyone who thinks differently is kidding themselves on. He'd be * stupid not to take it as well, regardless of how much I love him. Money isn't everything but look at what that would do for his life, his career.

I'm not really bothered whether or not you've followed his career. We have all known him religiously for the last 2 years and we all know what he likes/dislikes, what annoys him or makes him laugh. He's probably had enough of it up here, especially from the media up here. You can see it irks him when he gets asked stupid * questions.

As I said before, no one is questioning the mans integrity or his character. From an employment point of view, he would be silly to actively rule out moving on in the summer but let's not pretend you have so much more knowledge about him than anyone else. He keeps his cards close to his chest, always has done and that's his right. He hasn't ruled it out, given he was offered the chance to do so. He said he wanted to focus on winning the Scottish Cup and that's what the fans want. No it's not, we want him to commit and he knows that. It's a delay tactic to stop committing so that he doesn't look like a * if he does move on in the summer. If he doesn't move on, he can tell the media that they were the ones making the big deal and it was never on his mind to do. Again, we know what he's like with the media. He does this all the time. Let's be completely honest though, he's never had the interest materialise as much as it has with Spurs. The fact there is absolutely zero interest in any other manager coming out as well, it's not looking good.

It's a best guess but I think he's gone. There's been a complete change in him over the last few weeks. He seems to be getting more * off, seems to just have no time for anything to be honest. Again, not a criticism, just saying what I see.

NakamuraTastic and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  2. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Yeah he has defo changed the last few weeks

3. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    i know money plays a major role as well as the lure to the so called "best league in the world" but hopefully Ange looks at Spurs recent record re getting rid of their managers at the drop of a hat and says * that I'm staying where I'm loved.

4. horseshoe

He could have genuinely meant that at the time, but spurs are a much bigger job than relegated leeds, if they make him a serious offer and he gets assurances about building the team his way it would be hard to turn down.

The biggest issue with it would probably be Levy's reputation with managers right now, if he would trust he'd actually be given the freedom to do the job.

5. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He’ll get sacked by Spurs three months into the season. All ra best big chap :54:

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  6. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Properly gutted if he leaves.

He'll go with my best wishes though. Completely turned us around in 6months.

He'll be a success if given the time at Spurs. I hate Spurs though and love for them to go the same way as Leicester.

7. PaddyJamieson

Well I guess we're going to find out soon. No resentment if the big man goes for it, but what adulation he'll receive if he sticks around.

8. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    So we're going to get a non answer after the final and then have to sit through days or weeks of speculation that will inevitably lead to him leaving. Can't wait.
    And I love the big man and wish him all the best but I'd be * at him too. He's done alot for us but the club has backed him too including giving him the job in the first place.
    We could be left with a squad full of his players who don't quite gel with a new manager and before you know it we've got a bunch of wantaway players who half * it next season and the whole thing goes * up.
    That's my fear.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  9. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I don't think we'd give it to Kennedy tbh. Nicholson is an excellent CEO and I suspect he's already got a list if guys to replace Amge with.

He's not leaving tho, no chance :37:

10. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    This is why I think Rodgers would be the ideal replacement. He tends to do well with other managers' players.

11. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Michel has been pinpointed as I said as a potential replacement @McGrory1888 ange by looks of it might not get the chance to use that new analysis room that got built for him at his request

Suppose another manager can use it

Michel has just signed a new contract with girona today too

Last edited: May 31, 2023
  12. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    It won't be weeks of speculation after the final. It'll probably be a few days

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  13. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    The sad thing is he probably would, but I think under him Rangers would catch up soon enough as it would last a year maybe a bit more. Let's be honest, nobody challenged Celtic in Rodger's first 2 seasons.

If Spurs come in, while I don't think it would be a good move for him, he's gone and there could be plenty of other PL teams that want him. He's in his late 50s and probably wants one big pay day. He really doesn't have much to prove here unless it's Europe.
    I couldn't be angry at him for leaving, he would have taken us from our first barren season (I don't include the cup that was actually from the previous season) since 2009-10 season to double winners, playing in CL again and potential treble winners. A team that had some of it's best players such as Frimpong, Ajer, Christier and Edouard taken away. It didn't stop him.

NakamuraTastic and Hammy89 like this.
  14. Lewis Kerr

He's gone isn't he?

:54:

15. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Ange wouldn't be making comments on how to approach a transfer window without having plans on overseeing it. Therefore, bookies can shove their odds up their arses!

16. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
  17. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    * that he's a toxic *

18. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    So you were expecting him to down tools?

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  19. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Well we are going to find out. He’s probably changed because he’s * that people are trying to push him out the door rather than beg him to stay, whether that’s their intention or not :giggle1:

20. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Im 100% sure he is away man.

Id go after Graham Potter or Will Still