1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. John Bhoy79 Stop the world I want to get off!

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Maybe Feyenoord should ask spurs tv to compare spurs European Cup win with their own.......oops sorry, spurs don't have one to compare do they. Still what do you expect? When it comes to football few do arrogance like the English supporters, especially Premier league fans and even more so if from London.

The_Bhoy, BhoyFitz, jimbobers and 5 others like this.
  2. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Ahem...Laaandaaaan

Creativecelt likes this.
  3. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Should never got a wage rise until he actually penned a term

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BhoyFitz likes this.
  4. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    It's pretty impossible to be honest!

The Prof likes this.
  5. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Man Utd have a waiting list for general sale tickets and majority of the people on the ballot are tourists

6. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    This guy s true first fan minutes of hearing his name I was like who … then did a half hour worth of research and was half intrigued need to remember guys like Jansen and wenger honed their managerial skills in the east

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    There is deffo snobbery here but I'll be honest, I find the really knowledgeable football * here know their stuff on Scottish football a bit as well. Whether it be from being football geeks that watch anything on or punting....they know a decent bit..

A lot of your wee team, Northern lot's like to talk * and slag us off more. That's what I see from social media especially..

Me gran would score barrel load up there. Check bio and the fannies support Walsall or Grimsby..

Out of the London clubs Tottenham do have an overwhelming cocky, we're the bollocks type attitude though..

aliceinsound and BhoyFitz like this.
  8. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Lol I seen it the other way I was shocked we managed to get ccv at all and at the price of 6.5 million their was talk of ten beforehand and remember the * wouldn’t let us have wanyama back for a million but happily let him leave for nothing

BhoyFitz likes this.
  9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Yep. Their away support is the best in the country as well, by miles..

10. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Just looking at the list Levy has sacked, must be off putting for any manager.

11. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Huns played with holding mids and got pumped last year we have tried the method of setting up with pragmatism an use different tactic for each game I. Europe it used to work in O’Neil and strachans rein even at start of Lennons but football has evolved so much so that the only way to win is to stick to the game plan keep hold of the ball and as long as it’s in their half majority of the time then we will have a chance we were so unlucky against donetsk and Leipzig if we had 1-2 better players we would have finished third

BhoyFitz likes this.
  12. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Worse than that they sacked mourinho before a cup final

NakamuraTastic and john2061 like this.
  13. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Lol the worst is the foreigners who only glory hunt and don’t have a * clue about any other team it’s cringe

14. john2061

Starting to think levy is a Arsenal agent lol every time a manager reaches a final he is sacking them and any decent manager should stay well away from that club .

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Most of the EPL's home crowds are littered with tourists/day trippers and glory hunters..

Some of the half and half scarves or asking rival players for pictures etc is sickening. They should be battered on sight..

BhoyFitz likes this.
  16. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    Some * on facebook is saying he's heard Ange has signed a new 5 year deal, don't shoot the messenger.

DEADEYECFC and NakamuraTastic like this.
  17. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

IMG_0808.jpeg

Last edited: May 30, 2023
    World Champion and littlekennie like this.
  18. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Ange Postecoglou warns of incoming offers and reveals why managing Celtic is akin to Jenga
    Ange Postecoglou is relishing the challenge of improving Celtic again next season after warning that the club could lose key players this summer.

The Celtic transfer model is built on acquiring players with potential and selling them for profit - Josip Juranovic the most recent example with a £10million move to Union Berlin in January, while the likes of Kristoffer Ajer, Jeremie Frimpong, Odsonne Edouard and Moussa Dembele have all raked in significantly larger fees than was spent in acquiring their services in recent times.

The exploits of current Celtic stars such as Kyogo Furuhashi, Jota, Reo Hatate and Matt O'Riley could see them go the same way, while Liel Abada and Carl Starflet have also been linked with moves to England. So when put to him that the task of enhancing the Celtic squad with new signings while at the same time facing the prospect of losing his best players was akin to a game of Jenga, the former Australia boss was in firm agreement.

It’s not a precise science," Postecoglou said. "I was trying to be predictive with the January window. We kind of knew Jura[novic] and [Giorgos] Giakoumakis would go. We are losing two very good players who had contributed greatly to our success. We thought Oh [Hyeon-gyu] and Alistair [Johnston] both already looked like good players, they are younger than the guys who left, so potentially could have a higher ceiling if we got it right. That’s always the challenge.

This is the probably first window where we’ll really get tested on some of our key players by other clubs. Our planning is in place, so if that happens, it’s like the Jenga puzzle, before it all collapses we’ll hopefully already have a piece in place to ensure you can take one out and still build strong. I like that Jenga analogy!"

With the Premiership title and League Cup already secured, victory over Inverness in the Scottish Cup final at Hampden this Saturday will earn Postecoglou a treble in only his second season in charge of Celtic. The next step is to turn plaudits into points in the Champions League after collecting only two from a possible 18 in his maiden campaign, but Postecoglou insists that building for Europe will not be his sole focus this summer transfer window.

No, because that would be to dismiss domestic football. We just have to be stronger than we were last year,” he stressed. “I’m sitting here just now and, hand on heart and without the bias of me being the manager, I think we’re a better side than we were 12 months ago. We needed to be to achieve what we have so far. That’s got to be the goal next year, to be sitting here saying we are a better team. That doesn’t mean winning the league by 30 points, it may still be a narrow margin, but your football, the way you’re playing, the development of your players has gone to another level. Whether it’s transfers this window, we just want to build a better, stronger squad and be a better team than we were last year. Some of it will be natural because some of the players are still developing. In terms of transfers and what we want to try and do, that’s our focus.”

19. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Article tells me he’s staying wouldn’t talk about such things if he was moving on

BhoyFitz likes this.
  20. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    PaddyJamieson likes this.