1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    The Spurs job although attractive on paper is a poisoned chalice.
    Ange doesn’t strike me as a stupid character and I’m hoping he’ll be sensible enough to steer well clear of it.
    Another successful year here with some improved CL performances and he’ll be in demand from bigger and better run clubs than Spurs.

NakamuraTastic and seanm like this.
  2. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Clark was a CB/Sweeper..

3. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    The state of us when Ange came in doesn't get talked about enough and gets glossed over how he built an entirely new team in 6 months from the sale of 2 or 3 players.

What a job he did man!

4. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    As one of the Aussies who’s been here on and off since about 2016, who also came on here to say Ange is the real deal and you will all be loving him if he is given a chance, * me some of you lot don’t listen or pay attention :giggle1:

Ange ain’t leaving. He loves it here. Start listening to what he says and not what he doesn’t say. The state of some of you :rofl:

Ps * you hun Taylor, he’s staying, so fester in your tears and misery, can’t wait to see your man Beale sacked before Christmas.

5. Draupnir

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I don't think there's been a more clear example of a hun on here pretending to be a Celtic fan than this Taylor fella. Gobsmackingly embarrassing parody.

6. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Sometimes in life you reach a point where you should just give up and try and save some sort of dignity. For you, that ship has sailed.

7. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Away from the will he/won’t he go debate, I don’t understand what being Australian and knowing about Anges credentials before he came here has got to do with whether or not he will leave to go to Spurs.

Im pretty sure the only people who know what he’s thinking are his family and the club. It’s like saying I know whether or not Callum McGregor will stay because I’m Scottish.

My perspective is, he hasn’t exactly ruled it out. Yeah, he does that sort of media wind up thing we all know and love. He had a chance to say categorically, to the fans that he wasn’t going to leave and he didn’t do it. Love it here or not, spurs are a good draw for any manager. They have massive problems though but it’s a chance at one of the ‘big 6’ down south. They don’t come knocking for managers in Scotland all that often.

If Kieran Tierney can walk out on the club he loves for a team down south, so can Ange. Anyone trying to say different is kidding themselves on.

8. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    And * sunk

9. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    You pretty much proved my point though. Yes KT left… but you know CalMac ain’t leaving if you are a Celtic fan or probably if you are Scottish.

Why? Because you’ve listened to what CalMac has said throughout his career. Once again, if you don’t know this then you haven’t been listening to CalMac.

Being Australian gives me an advantage because I’ve followed his career and I’ve seen what has motivated him along with listening to what he has said over a long period of time.

When he left the Australian manager’s job, he threatened to leave that position if he wasn’t given public backing. He left. Ange has said he wanted to manage a top European club, he left Yokohama and he’s doing it.

I don’t see or haven’t heard anything from him that concerns me that’ll he will leave. He’s a straight shooter and does what he says.

To give you an example, just weeks back at the youth final v the huns, he was asked whether he was staying next year by a reporter? Ange referred the reporter onto his boss PL.

If you are off, you don’t ask someone to go ask your boss if you are staying, no you get them to ask your boss to pile more pressure on them to get the right deal done. Negotiation 101.

10. stew37

Suspected him ages ago but added to the block list at the weekend. As I posted in that thread on the general section, just have nae patience for bullshit as I get older so seem to be blocking more and more. :56:

Enough posters post decent stuff without wasting ma time with folk like that.

seanm likes this.
  11. Mr Cleansheets

While I mostly agree with you, Ange did say at Brisbane he was there to build a dynasty of success but scarpered when offered the Melbourne Victory job. Melbourne is his home city, to be fair.

Scarpered again quickly when offered the NT job but that's every Australian manager's draem job.

Scarpered from Marinos when offered a dream move to Celtic.

He does seem to move for dream jobs, but who wouldn't.

I hope he stays at least two more seasons.

12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    L O L..

Easy mistake to make for a dirty wee orange * :giggle1:

Was only part of our greatest ever partnership with our greatest ever leader hahaaaa

13. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Ironically I'll probably get banned for saying this but either the mods are using that account to troll us or they're totally napping letting him roll with the constant * he spouts

Sent from my CPH2375 using Tapatalk

Blochairnbhoy and seanm like this.
  14. seanm

How do you block on TC. Is it the ignore a person option.HH

15. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    There's another poster too who is very similar

DEADEYECFC likes this.
  16. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    TBF to him, the only job he really scarpered from was the Brisbane Roar job. As you correctly pointed out, it was a move home.

The Australian job was at a time when Australian football was desperate for a manager to play the “Australian way” and not bowing down to superior opposition. Every single person in Australian football knew he had to take that job including his club. He went with his club’s blessings. It was as much about serving the nation as it was about the move.

To say he scarpered from Yokohama is also unfair. He did 3.5 years there and was offered what he had always dreamed of, a job at a top European club.

I think you’ll get your wish.

seanm and DEADEYECFC like this.
  17. seanm

Exactly.celic are a bigger club than spurs imo only thé top 4 imo are Anges target or another big European team.HH

18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Let me guess, Danny :giggle1:

19. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    I agree with all this and also lean towards him being here next season. Another example was when he was linked with the Leicester job, he said that people may be surprised by how long he's here.

Ange isn't like Beale talking nonsense to the QPR fans about loyalty and then * off the following week. And he's not like Gerrard with his 'do I look happy?' shenanigans minutes before leaving. If Ange says something he generally means it.

However. The one caveat I would add is: were a job to come up he felt he couldn't turn down, I do think he'd be off. He's pretty ruthless like that. Sure he'd want to leave on good terms, but I don't think he'd jeopardise a move to lets say Liverpool or City by saying, "Sorry, can only do it at the end of the season", and he'd be mad to do so.

So the question then becomes, is Spurs one of those too-good-to-turn-down opportunities? Again, I'm leaning towards no and can see him staying on here. But the thing that gives me pause is, ironically, what a bad state they're seemingly in. He loves those kind of rebuilding jobs and I could see the idea of coming in as a relative unknown, by himself, and being the guy to finally get them back on track as appealing to him. Hopefully not though.

20. Mr Cleansheets

He's a boyhood Liverpool fan.

When they come calling we'll definitely need to worry.

craigtheceltic likes this.