1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He never gives anything away so I'm no fussed from that angle..

Been back and forth swaying to him staying until Joe Hart's post match interview yesterday. Gave me the proper fear..

When a player hints that he hopes he's here next season and we'll have to see, then my guts telling me the players think he'll go....or might already know..

seanm likes this.
  2. seanm

Lol * me I wouldn't even take the spurs job and I know nothing about football but I'm not that stupid lol.HH

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  3. seanm

If Ange leaves.whatever manager comes in our players should say doesn't matter how you tell us to play we are playing Ange ball.end of. Lol.HH

4. seanm

If man u Liverpool arsenal or a major European club came calling for Ange he could go reluctantly with my best wishes but spurs lol.HH

The Magnificent 7 likes this.
  5. seanm

I think spurs will get Luis Enrique.HH

6. seanm

Exactly.HH

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Wake up and smell the coffee man..

Laughing at a top 6 EPL club. I can't stand them but he'd be gone in a second if they went all in on him..

This is a guy who was desperate for a decent European job that didn't come til he was in his mid 50's..

8. Big C

Unfortunately I have to agree. His age has always been a worry for me, in that he doesn’t have that long left to get to manage in one of the major footballing leagues. Personally I’d hope when he does go he goes outwith the EPL. It’s very cut throat and if he didn’t get off to a flyer he’d be shown the door. They’d maybe give him more time in Central Europe than in England. If you listen to his in reviews he is very noncommittal, always talking about the next game, trying to remove himself from the question. I also agree with the post regarding Harts comments yesterday, I’m very worried he will leave. Hope to * I am wrong and we get one more season out of him.

9. TheHappyLoss

As ever we may end up victim of the league we play in

10. seanm

FFS levy picks the team for spurs and the players coming in. Why doesn't he just name himself as manager .Ange would not under those conditions thankfully. I don't mind him going but spurs is a step down from Celtic imo.HH

johnboy19 and NakamuraTastic like this.
  11. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    I'm going to look at it in a logical sense.....

Ange won't be here forever there's no denying that but having said that I don't think he'll be going to spurs.

Spurs fans think they're a bigger club than what they actually are and will be looking for a big name. Couple that with the epl snobbery I can't see their board making a move for Ange.

Maybe it's just me living in hope but I can't see Spurs making a move for him.

12. oh bhoy

spurs despite winning * all would be in that company , trying to look at it objectively hes probably right to consider it as its possible he wont get another offer like it .if he comes to his senses and sees there may be a bigger reason so many top managers with probably the best striker in that league constantly fail then i think he will be here long term

13. joemc

There are many reasons to stay ....the challenge of Europe, his family ,the power he has at the club ...I feel he would be open enough to tell the club and fans and I cling onto the hope during his speech citing the great tb of his feeling for the fans and club giving him the chance to make it at a European club ,if you bring in Tommy burns when addressing the support and turn your back on them to move elsewhere that to me is in the brendan Rodgers mould not angie ,I believe he is bigger than that by many of his actions .

14. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    Staying or going looks about 50-50.

15. Al Bootyerbaws

Most folk I've spoke to think he's staying but I think the same as you. Hope to * I'm wrong.

16. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    I don't think he would last long at Spuds not because he's not a great manager but because Spuds are just absolute * losers.. the Hibs of England

Sean Daleer and NakamuraTastic like this.
  17. PaddyJamieson

No got a * clue.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  18. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    Maybe, although they've gone for the big names recently in Mourinho and Conte and it's not worked out. Kane is probably leaving, so being linked with managers like Slot and Ange suggests they may be looking to rebuild sooner rather than later.

I think the job would interest Ange, not just because of their top 6 potential but because sorting out clubs struggling or in crisis is kind of what he does best. Being able to come in and turn around a club who have struggled for years would be hugely appealing for him. Not to mention they have some of, if not the best facilities in Europe, and the financial incentives for him and his family would be huge.

But despite all that, he'd still demand a good amount of control before accepting, I think. What we've been seeing in some of these post-split fixtures is what Angeball looks like when done badly, either because the players aren't fully committed or just aren't up to it. It's a style of football which demands players are all-in and work very hard, because if the pressing, recovering or the runs off the ball aren't there, it all breaks down and opponents will be able to put a lot of pressure on your goal. So he'd want to be able to bring his own players in and ship those who don't fit out, and not have Levy, a DoF or some transfer committee making those decisions for him.

19. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    I'm hoping that Levy has a snobbish attitude towards the Scottish game, and he seems like the sort of person who would. That being the case I can't see the interest in Ange manifesting into something more tangible.

However, if the interest gets serious then we'll be looking for a new manager. Ange will take the Spurs job if offered.

My worry then is sucession planning. This board have learned nothing from the Covid season in my view - it wasn't so long ago they tried to enforce Bernard Higgins on us. We all laugh about this but I can see someone like Lennon or Lambert being approached, which is why I've always said I'd take Rodgers back in a heartbeat. I dread going back to the days of doing as little as possible, no sport science, no coaching, no video analysis etc. Yes Rodgers * us over but he did at least have standards.

20. Kiro Kompiro

He is a very ambitious man, and sentiment doesn't come in to it. If Spurs makes the offer he will take it.

He certainly has a pattern of leaving-always on on a high- to further his own progress. Brisbane Roar-->Melbourne Victory. Melbourne Victory-->National team. National Team---CFG-->Yokohama. Yokohama--->Celtic. All moves he made were after having success and when there was an expectation he would stay on. Every move to a club needing a re-build and clean out. Spurs would on the face tick that box for him.

Just to be clear, that doesn't mean he strings people along. He genuinely believes in what he says. At the time.