1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sgt Neppers*

That's a fair comment. Totally get it. I'm on the fence with it all. Absolutely want him to stay. What he's achieved is outstanding. The galvanising of the squad, players and fans has been incredible. Deserves a new deal and backed with with what he wants, which will Absolutely be within reason.

That said, if the EPL comes calling its a hard choice to make. But there's no bid approach official or unofficially. So we carry on till we know otherwise. Until Spurs sort the issue that is Levy, they will continue on the path their on. We have a treble to win.

He won't commit either way as you say, and that's his way. He ain't daft. And with that, I reckon there's more to him than just accepting a challenge in the EPL. And with Levy in charge, the cut throat nature of English football and where he is now with us, that ain't a challenge. Its mediocrity. I'm optimistic he'll stay.

Another year with us, get us out the group stages of CL, proper investment rises his stock tenfold. Then we that situation arises, we'll be accepting of it and in a better place. Anges options will be greater including jobs abroad.

But it's all hypothetical currently. It's a double right now and full focus on ICT. Which it should be. And I'm still relishing the journey we're on.

2. Couscous

What's happened to @George Theodorou? He always offered insight into what Ange is thinking, but he's been quiet for yonks.

George, tell us what's happening.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  3. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Been on it all day, no idea whats been said or the lie of the land.

I hope he stays, if not hey ho...life goes on.

4. stew37

I'm on a family bash up north, said the exact same. Love the *, we all do. If he goes, at least I have my club and we can move on as a club for our people, rather than administration and complete liquidation.

5. BigDoggyWoofWoof

I think it'll become fairly clear by Saturday whether he's headed out the door. If no one else surpasses him as bookie's fave between now and then, it just comes down to terms. Realistically, he's a backup option for them but they're quickly running out of first choices. Their fans might not like it, but since when did Levy give a * about that.

On the upside, if he doesn't go Spurs, he'll go nowhere else in England this summer as it's the best job going.

6. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    He’ll be on the Tottenham forums trying to sell them Ange :giggle2:

7. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Bookies operate on bet volume. If the betting portion of TC members banded together to put bets on Harry Redknapp taking over Tottenham, he could end up the "odds on favorite".
    They have no inside sources of any kind.

8. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I still think he’ll be here next season. Anyone reading anything into his speech yesterday or recent interviews saying he is only looking towards the cup final, has clearly never really listened to the man. It’s always about the next game for him, always.

9. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    He couldn't even beat them last year in the CL qualifiers.

Last edited: May 28, 2023
  10. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    He may not even get the gig anyway and the fans don't want him so we'll see!

11. The Magnificent 7 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Ange wouldn’t get the same autonomy with Spurs as your Daniel Levy chap has, and always will have, a huge input into the football side of things, as well as the financial running of the club.

Spurs are his toy. It would be interesting to know how much money they’ve spent in the transfer market in recent years compared to other elite clubs in that soulless league! I think it will be washers in comparison to Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea etc.

Ange has huge job satisfaction with Our Club, so I don’t expect him to leave us for them. Why would he throw away all the sincere adulation he receives from his remarkable fan base?

Ange, gets The Club, and I don’t think better remuneration would prompt him to jump ship at the moment.

I think we’re not far away from DD tying him down to a bumper contract that gives Ange, and us security going forward.

We reputedly paid Rodgers £50K/week, and I think an announcement will be made imminently on that score.

In summary I think we’ll get another 2 or 3 years with the big man.

Spurs are in need of a major overhaul of their team. We have Champions League participation for him to look forward to and they’ll probably lose Harry Kane in the summer.

I truly believe Ange has found his spiritual home, and won’t be tempted to uproot his family amidst what are exciting times for Celtic, and him and his family reportedly love life in Glasgow.

Mark my words, Ange will be here for at least another 2 seasons.

European success is on the horizon my friends and he’ll assume legendary status with, I hope, qualification for the knockout stages of the CL or a deep run into the Europa League.

I dare to dream. Let’s win the thing!

Hail Hail.

Last edited: May 28, 2023
  12. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I’m pretty sure Yokohama performances dropped significantly when it came apparent ange was leaving them they got knocked out by team in division below in cup hope he’s staying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Ange has always says “one game at a time mate”

NomDePlum likes this.
  14. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Our performances dropped because we got the league wrapped up. Yesterday made that abundantly clear when we upped the intensity to put on a show for the fans.

15. themouth1888

Last year when we lifted the trophy he made a big deal how we would be bigger and better next season. Last few days he has ducked and dived from any next season questions.

oh bhoy and littlekennie like this.
  16. TonyTim

Ange going to Spurs is being pushed by the Media based upon his success with us, particularly by the Hun media and the Ex-Hun pundits. They want to see him gone because they think we will then go into freefall. Its the mentality of a * run team who know they can only be successful if their closest opponents drop their standards because you cannot increase your own.
    Ange is not stupid, he knows he is loved at our loved, and would have a job for life if he wanted it. The EPL is a manager merry go round, he will not get the time to build a team. If he got off to a poor start and lost the first 3 or 4 games the media down there, the fans, would all be on his back. The EPL is a difficult league to get back up to pace in if you get off to a slow start.
    I would have loved him in his speech yesterday to say he is staying and looking forward to next season but that would have contradicted what he had said. One game at a time he said, he is fully focussed on the Final, maybe after the Final he will say he is looking forward to next season.

seanm likes this.
  17. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

18. TonyTim

Lat season when he made that speech on Trophy day we didnt have any more games to play, this year we have a Final to play to win a Treble. An Eighth Domestic Treble, a world record on its own that no other Club has achieved. He is rightly fully focussed on that not many Managers get the chance to have a Domestic Treble on their CV. Ange does not comment on speculation, after the Final it will be interesting to what he says then.

19. honda Gold Member Gold Member

This season isn't over. He has never once talked about a game that isn't the very next game when he's been here. Why start now?

20. seanm

Dermot Desmond should be writing ange a blank cheque right now to keep him here .the man is not just a great manager. He's great for business too.A no brainer DD.HH

Morcombe and The Magnificent 7 like this.