1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Gazzi79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hart
    * it bring Ruud Van Nistelrooy in if Ange's leaving.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

2. Slaw

Yeah he would have the huns number

3. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    Theres abit of me that would be not angry but certainly annoyed at him if he left even for spurs because ultimately he didn't do what he said was his aim which is to make celtic a proper champions league club, but at the same time he'll be thinking he might not get this opportunity again and if he is successful at spurs (whatever success looks like at spurs) there's a real chance he could be in the running for one of the elite jobs down south ie man utd, Liverpool, even City if pep ever goes.

4. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Surely to * we should be proud of having great managers in our game. The Scottish game has been mediocre for years and we attract this great man who seems to have elevated the game, put a bit of spice back into it and everyone but us wants to see the back of him!

JC Anton likes this.
  5. snails67 Gold Member Gold Member

Aye they want him gone and they hope we fall away to let the huns back if he was their manager they wouldn't be saying that

Jeannie960 likes this.
  6. Darksel

The fact that he literally said in the interview that he wants to do something special, winning the treble, and he's always said before he wants to do something special at this club kind of gives hints.

I think originally he planned to do something in Europe and that be special, but Spurs aren't any random EPL side, they're a top 6 side and the offer wont come around again for a manager in Scotland. I think after next week he's offski.

7. Twisty Champions Again !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He's going nowhere.

neilly1987 likes this.
  8. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    No, special would be doing some major damage in Europe with an underdog. Spurs might not even be in Europe next season. And we're more of an underdog, given our finances. Which are still good enough to sign 2-3 players to make doing some damage a feasible achievement.

9. Darksel

Yes, that would be special to us, but look at the quote in the tweet by Fabio. "I’m not gonna pass up the opportunity to do something special, to do a treble”.

He now considers that special.

10. DonnyCelt

Honesty. Think Spurs will plump for a "bigger name"

Levy is already in hot water with their fans. Appointing a manger from the Scottish Premiership will NOT go down well with them.

Well.......that's the outcome im hoping for

Spuds can * off. Leave our Ange alone!!!

11. James Gold Member Gold Member

I have the fear he will be off. I hope we right the wrongs off the past and announce a new contract after the final and we're not announcing Lennon again

Hammy89 and BigDoggyWoofWoof like this.
  12. Foley1888

The response to the sky interview worried me he just spoke about we have a big game next week and a chance to do something special.

It might just have been he wanted to get away and enjoy the moment with his family as it was their last question but it didn’t come across as someone ruling anything out.

I know Spurs aren’t in a good way the now but they are a club with significant infrastructure in terms of stadium, facilities etc. Budget would be on a different planet to anything he has done before, but he seems the kind of guy to embrace that and has the personality to do so.

Interestingly Levy and his reputation might be the thing that helps us keep him, the guy who wants him in is actually our best chance of him staying. Ange would want a good scope of control as I don’t think he can implement his approach without that.

Who knows I don’t think it would be an easy choice for Ange as I think he does truly believe Celtic have been good for him as he has for Celtic. We gave him a chance when no one else would in Europe.

However, he has that professional desire to always achieve more and managing at the top end of the EPL and he would believe he could whip them into doing just that might be too much for him to turn down.

Last edited: May 27, 2023
    The Prof likes this.
  13. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I need to stay out this thread it's depressing me lol

Hammy89, gazb1888, neilly1987 and 2 others like this.
  14. Lecs

I had a good swatch at two different Spurs forums and they really are a shower of arrogant *.

The majority don't want Ange, stating that he's too old, too much of a risk, won in a * league, * in champions league etc. Calling him Postal Glue.

Fuds. They don't deserve big Ange. I hope to * he stays, he would regret it immediately when he turns up to their library of a stadium full of London fuckwits.

15. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    There's also the age thing. He might think this is the right time to take this opportunity. It's a huge gamble. Tbh I will be surprised if he does go because he's instrumental in the planning of the Japan/Korea trip. He's made commitments here.

gazb1888 and TheHappyLoss like this.
  16. TheHappyLoss

Don’t think he’ll go

Jeannie960, Rydo1888* and DonnyCelt like this.
  17. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Gonna be a long week ffs ....

Hammy89, Paradise_Bhoy and Jeannie960 like this.
  18. DonnyCelt

I've also been and had a look mate and it infuriated me that much. Yes we were all dismissive of Ange before he arrived, which in a way was understandable.

Relatively unknown in Europe blah blah blah.

But he's just won 4 out of 5 trophies available to him, possibly 5 out of 6 in a weeks time. All done whole basically rebuilding our squad, with its existing backroom team.

He's implemented a style of play we've been dreaming of for years.

He's the reason we put on some great displays in the CL and we're incredibly unlucky not to pick up more points.

So Spurs fans can't be as dismissive in the same way, they are just arrogant, EPL fan boys who think success is measured by the league you are in and not your history.

Our Japanese interpreter has more winners medals in two season, than Spurs have trophies in the last 30 years.

Tinpot club.

Creativecelt, Rogicisgod and Lecs like this.
  19. Lecs

Exactly mate. I was the same, it ended up * me off I couldn't read any more.

As you touched on, aye folk didn't really know who he was but we were a * of a lot more respectful than those arrogant *.

The job he's done here has been incredible, especially considering the * show he walked into when he first came in the door.

I * hate English football, their fans are a bunch of pompous *. * them.

Morcombe and DonnyCelt like this.
  20. KevMan

Not sure if I’m just in denial but after his interview with Sky, I have a hunch something will be announced after the final next week, and I think it may be a new contract for Ange…

At least that’s what I’m telling myself haha

DonnyCelt likes this.