1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    If Ange is offered the Spurs job he'll be taking it.

Absolutely delusional to think otherwise.

He joined us when we were in a complete mess. He's never knocking Spurs back no matter how ruthless Levy is.

2. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Yeah, I wouldn’t want to work under that * either. On paper it’s a massive deal regarding testing himself but the risk is also high.

Clearly they haven’t offered what Nagelamann wants and he has distanced himself with them.

For me that shows they want it done on a budget and the cheap.

3. JamesM09

I agree with this tbh. I’d LOVE to be wrong but it seems like a concrete rumour so I think he’ll go.

Edit: The only reason he might think twice is because he has a young family that might want another year or two of being settled.

Spurs also seem a bit of a riot at the moment. I know we had issues too but he was leaving Japan anyway when he came here, so if he was sacked before Christmas then it wasn’t as big a deal.

If he goes to spurs now and is sacked within the season he’ll have uprooted his family from a settled position.

4. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    If he goes that would explain the downturn in performance who do you go for should he go?

Sent from my CPH2375 using Tapatalk

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  5. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Why would it have an effect on our performances when Spurs thought they were getting Slot until this morning

6. cammy07

Spurs are a shambles but let’s not forget the state we were in when he came here without so much as a coach to bring with him.

If the spurs interest is genuine then the board have a serious fight on their hands to keep him here for next season. This summer coming is absolutely massive for us as a club and there’s no one I’d rather was in charge for it than Ange, but unlike the last couple of jobs he’s been linked with, this one would be a serious tempter for him I’d imagine.

7. HatsmyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Nonsense. The downturn is due to the league being won and the players coming in not of the same standard of those they replaced.

stew37 and JamesM09 like this.
  8. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Lol sarcasm doesn't come through well on this lol I was having a dog at the pantywetting of some on here

Ziggy likes this.
  9. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Ah. Did see a few online folk seriously suggesting it as a reason though

JamesM09 likes this.
  10. PaddyJamieson

Agreed. All their other targets seemingly dropping out has this feeling very likely. Hope I'm wrong.

11. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Exactly load of absolute rubbish can see him signing a long deal soon and think the performances have been largely down to the leagues won some people suggesting we lose to ICT is ridiculous ffs

12. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Have to slightly question why they are all dropping out though ?

13. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Is what it is but spurs are a basket case

14. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Need to slap a massive contract on the table for him to at least give him a proper decision to make. Him being out of contract in a few weeks gives me the fear.

He'd turn Tottenham around no bother considering what he did with us 2 year ago.

15. PaddyJamieson

Absolutely. They're a madhouse right now, but if I were Ange given how hard he's worked to get where he is, age not really on his side, him backing himself in seemingly difficult environments etc. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't take the gig, if offered.

16. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    I honestly don't think the family issue would be that influential. Rodgers didn't move his family down to Leicester immediately. A lot of managers initially live out of hotels and temporary accommodation in the EPL such is the precariousness of the job market in that league. After all they wouldn't be a continent away, it's a commute up the road.

17. JamesM09

This is what gives me some small hope. Clearly the job is a bit of a riot.

Hopefully Desmond will give Ange enough of a salary and backing to make money less of a motivation.

Worth also mentioning that Ange is clearly being considered by the Premier League, so there isn’t a rush for him to go there. Another good year or two at Celtic and he’ll still have a pick of decent jobs, rather than jump now as 5th choice into a basket case club.

Tim-Time 1888 likes this.
  18. Turd Ferguson Gold Member Gold Member

Where has anyone said anything even remotely like that?

Ange takes all the plaudits and reverence when results and performances are going well, and deservedly so. He, and his fanboys, need to understand that critiscisms and questions of concern will come his way when theyvare as poor as they have been, and deservedly so.

And I think that "most" that are raising questions and concern are looking at the big picture. That being, we have a chance at making real history in under 2 weeks and performances, that were already on the wane, have dropped off so dramatically. Granted the games are dead rubbers but it's a viable worry that levels won't be able to be properly regained for a final against a traditional bogey side who have regularly thrown spanners in our works.

The bigger big picture is also being scrutinised, justifiably and not just of the back of the last 3 games. That, while we have a good core of 9 or 10 regular starters and 3 or 4 rotation options the rest of the squad either has huge question marks over them or are clearly not up to even being back up. So as things stand the squad is looking pretty ill equipped to deal with a champion league campaign and what is looking to be a more intense domestic challenge. I get that we have a full preseason summer window to address this but the last 2 windows have been pretty poor and there is no guarantee this upcoming one will be any better.

And agaaaaaaaaain, not one person has even suggested ange will be out by Christmas.

Bonobhoy and Tim-Time 1888 like this.
  19. Taylor1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    If we win the treble it might be his parting shot for us, who knows. I doubt if he would get a better EPL job offer than Spurs if it is true, at his age. Remember he told us not to get too close to players over the GG affair ?

Same applies to managers I suppose.I certainly would not want John Kennedy as boss.He has shown before he can't handle the Celtic job as caretaker.

A triumphant return for Scott Brown to Celtic ?.

20. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    If he goes to them that will be his choice.
    He wont be though as he is no rodgers.