1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Joe Hart

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Callum McGregor, Aug 3, 2021.

Discuss Joe Hart in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Last edited: May 11, 2023
    NomDePlum, Artorias and Rydo1888* like this.
  2. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Is it one year left on his contract?

3. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    yes

Dan Breen likes this.
  4. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Joe Hart cites Celtic's Australian experience as why they will cope just fine at Rangers
    Joe Hart says that even although Celtic fans will be locked out of Ibrox this weekend, the players will still feel their backing.

With the Premiership title wrapped up last weekend, the Parkhead side will travel to Govan Saturday with nothing to prove. But, looking to maintain their momentum as they prepare for the June 3 Scottish Cup final, the fixture still offers plenty of incentive and a chance to go six derbies unbeaten in a season.

“There is no extra motivation,” said Hart. “It’s a huge game for the club and we pull together as a group. There’s not going to be any fans inside the stadium pulling for us, but we know there are around the world. Jeez, we went to Australia last November and we felt their presence. So we know there is going to be support, expectation and the least we can do is show up with an attitude to win and play our style of football.”

A player who had won Premier Leagues, an FA Cup and League Cups down south, and picked up 75 England caps, Hart arrived in Glasgow at the start of last season with bundles of experience and success. But, in manager Ange Postecoglou he has found a figure who always demands more. It has pushed the 36-year-old goalkeeper to further rewards and greater satisfaction as he continues to build his knowledge. On Sunday he wrapped up his second successive double and there is the promise of more as Celtic look to add the Scottish Cup to the haul before this season is out.

“Two years in a row is a great feeling,” continued Hart. “I’ve never done that before. We had a gap last time we won it down there [England]. But [the manager] has made a huge impression. He’s top. He’s really, really good. He’s very clear on what he wants and I think the biggest buzz for me is that I am playing for someone who is pushing me. I’m learning new things every single day.

“I’m an old dog in this game and the fact I’m having to do that and stay on my toes, still wanting more and trying to improve is a great feeling. It really makes me feel alive. There’s plenty of managers out there who will push but it doesn’t necessarily work or players don’t adapt, but credit to the players and the staff we have been able to pull in the same direction and get results.”

And, he says, the feelings associated with winning never get old. “Especially me as an older player. When you are younger, I’ve been successful and you feel like the world is yours and it’s never going to end. But I know we’re going to have new goals and new opportunities. There’s no point in working hard for something if you’re not going to enjoy it when you do eventually get it. But then we go again.

“I love being part of that. I have played in different teams that have been successful. But in terms of having a real way of playing, this is the first time that I’ve been a part of a team with a real way of playing. We believe in what we’re being asked to do and we are enjoying trying to get better at it.”

The_Bhoy, Rydo1888* and greengrocer like this.
  5. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

6. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    1 more year as number 1 you reckon? Can’t see anyone coming in and replacing him

Sydneysider likes this.
  7. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I think so, aye, but my major hope is we bring in a young GK to properly challenge him next season, then eventually take over.

Officer Doofy likes this.
  8. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Would be good to bring in Kelleher from Liverpool to work with Joe for a season, split playing time, be a seamless transition then when Joe leaves.
    May be out of our price range-or is his contract up at Liverpool?

9. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    3 years left on his contract, there are rumours about Premier League clubs wanting him.

10. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    For a stop gap who most weren't particularly happy about bringing in..

4 trophies and 100 appearances later isn't bad going.

11. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

The transitional period from Joe to A.N.Other starts from the Summer.

He’s been huge for the squad as a whole and clearly has taken us to his heart but (same as entire squad) we need to be relentless in our improvements.

Keeper we bring in won’t come in with the tag as ‘Number 1’ but he does have to be a genuine contender.

12. Aidan O’Shea

Get that Dominik Livaković hoor in.

13. Taylor1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I have suggested Kelleher before on here. It would be a statement signing for us for next season.
    He's wanting a move and we can offer Champions League football and the opportunity to be Celtic's goalkeeper for the next ten years.

If the Huns can get Butland, we can get Kelleher.

14. Sgt Neppers*

15. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Genuinely thought the guy was mince in relative terms his entire career but he's done a decent job for us and seems like an alright guy now, should be looking to improve in the summer but its easier said than done to bring in someone with good distribution and good goalkeeping.

16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Been a brilliant signing on and off the park..

Always thought he was a complete * but he's a great * :giggle1:

17. Gazzi79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hart
    Is his contract up at end of this month? hopefully a new contract for him soon.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

18. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Hes got another year

The_Bhoy and Gazzi79 like this.
  19. Gazzi79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hart
    Ah that's good.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

20. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

https://spotify.app.link/?product=o...feature=organic&_p=c81629c09d1c65f4eb038cfee1

Joe Hart has revealed how his first meeting with Ange Postecoglou over signing Celtic had HIM speaking first instead of the boss - with all cards out on the table in a decision that kept him going.

The former England number one came to Glasgow with a point to prove after falling out of favour at Manchester City resulted in a nomadic existence for a few years, with stints at Torino, Burnley and Tottenham providing little joy. But Celtic boss Postecoglou knew of his talents and Hart has now won two Premiership titles, two League Cups and could form part of a treble-winning team this year

There was no bigging up in their talks over him coming to Scotland. Hart told The Fozcast that he took the first steps in his meeting with Postecoglou and told his eventual manager all the things that needed to happen for him to be a Parkhead success, with another year on Tottenham's bench only going one way. He explained "I spoke to Ange and I thought that if something came up I didn't want to do, I am not going to do it. If it means that I need to sit for another year and then that was me out of football, so be it.

I have done what I need to do in football. Respectfully, I didn't know much about his background and he was so cool. I probably sounded like a strange guy as I said I needed to speak first.

"I didn't mean it in a rude way but this is what's gone on, this is why I am struggling with football and for me to work, this is how you will get the best version of me if we do get there.

"Give me a chance to show what I can do, all I want to do is be part of something. I didn't know he was a total football manager, I didn't know he'd turned up to Celtic and hadn't brought any staff with him. Just walked in and he is an awesome force, an unbelievable coach, a really strong presence. Asks a lot of people but because he believes they can do it."

Jeannie960 likes this.