1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

He loves us and we love him

McChiellini.. likes this.
  2. gazb1888

I’ve got something in my eye…:(

bagforlife likes this.
  3. Mr Cleansheets

I already have but... erm... I've probably said too much.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  4. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

6. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

7. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

8. Hope N Ur Heart

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone followed closely by Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Them all!!
    Ditto

9. RodiBhoy

Our most important signing of the past two years, this is the guy that gels our club from top to bottom.
    Players will come and go but this is the guy that makes the whole thing tick.
    I just hope he’s here for a few more years, and I think he will be , because he loves it .

Morcombe and gazb1888 like this.
  10. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

11. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Love to see it.

Putting aside the fact that it’s happening at the club I love, it’s just a great story.

He’s not here based on his name, on his reputation as a player or any form of nepotism - he’s here because he excels at what he does and the adulation is absolutely hard earned and deserved.

It’s not a single game, it’s not even a single season - that adulation has been earned by perfecting his craft over decades.

12. Lewis Kerr

huns will be frothing at Halliday with an admiring glint in his eyes there. Another who loves big Ange!

Rydo1888* likes this.
  13. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Safe to say we now officially adore him more than the Aussies do... :fear:

VT8 likes this.
  14. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

15. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    The pyro going off there lol

Rydo1888* likes this.
  16. John Bhoy79 Stop the world I want to get off!

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Well done and thank you to Ange. He's proved a lot of people wrong(including me). A pity he didn't arrive the season before.

17. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    he must get fed up answering the same questions time and again :56:

Rydo1888* likes this.
  18. cammy07

Genuinely it’s mental what he’s done since walking in the door. Club was an utter mess when he took charge, doubted from day 1, came over on his own from Japan even having to isolate in a hotel room in his first 14 days in the country. Not even just what he’s done for the the club on the park, but off it he’s totally transformed things.

* love the guy, watching him get emotional in his interview genuinely makes me emotional watching him :giggle1:

Draupnir, VT8, gazb1888 and 4 others like this.
  19. Hydrobhoy

paddy mccourt tune:

we thought that you
    were sniffing super glue
    when we signed postecoglou
    hes now the main man
    we stole um fae japan
    he brought along wee kyogo too

I don't waste my nights haha

20. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

This is another wonderful day for our football club, champions of Scotland again, and I know this achievement will be celebrated by Celtic supporters all over the world.

Crowned as back-to-back Scottish Premiership winners – it sounds good doesn’t it!

These are the moments I wanted to bring to you, moments when we celebrate all that is great about Celtic, when we see all our hard work deliver the success it deserves.

And our success is the culmination of an enormous amount of hard work put in every single day by everyone at the club – the players, coaching staff and all of our colleagues who work at Lennoxtown and Celtic Park.

Everything we do here is for our supporters, to give you a team to be proud of and to play a style of football that you will enjoy watching, and the incredible backing that we’ve received throughout the season has been invaluable. This league triumph is a reward for all of us who love this unique club of ours.

It has been another successful season for the club in winning both the League Cup and now the Premiership title, and we hope that we can enjoy further success together in a few weeks’ time when we compete in the Scottish Cup final.

That’s an occasion everyone is looking forward to, and when it comes around, the players will show the same level of focus and determination in preparing for that match. Before then, of course, we have four more league games to complete, including two at Celtic Park, and I’m sure the atmosphere will be fantastic at Paradise when we come together to celebrate what the players have achieved.

Every player has played their part in this campaign, whether in our attacking or defensive play and that is the key to anything we achieve. Football is a team game and only a team, united, can ultimately deliver success. Now we can look forward with confidence to the challenges that lie ahead.

One of the rewards for winning the Premiership is qualification to the group stages of the UEFA Champions League. Everyone in football knows how special European nights at Celtic Park are, and we will welcome some of Europe’s top teams and best players to our stadium knowing that, with 60,000 supporters behind us, we can compete with the very best.

Our strength is our unity with you, our supporters. We know that the atmosphere you create at Celtic Park is second to none and please never underestimate how important this is. When we’re all in together, we know we can achieve great things.

Enjoy celebrating this title success because it’s something we’ve all worked hard for and these are the moments we should all savour.

Life for many people is often challenging and in current times even more so. I've always said though that the true joy of occasions like today, even for a short time, can lift people in such a positive way. That really is something special for me.

I am immensely proud of this team and we thank you for all you have given us this year. Enjoy today with your families and your loved ones and celebrate all that is great about Celtic. You deserve it!

Morcombe likes this.