1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Joe Hart

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Callum McGregor, Aug 3, 2021.

Discuss Joe Hart in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Got a lot to thank Hart for over the last two seasons but I think we do need to look to strengthen the GK position. Soon as that freekick was struck you could see hart was slow off the mark, that freekick was always going over the wall and hart should have been ready to take that extra step or two. Instead he seemed planted and very slow off the mark.

Harder to criticise him for the second goal but he could have certainly done better. Whilst our defence could have dealt with it better, hart just seemed poorly positioned again and could have made himself a lot harder to beat.

Joe is a good to decent keeper that is not enough, you feel we can do better. Replacing Barkas has and had him placed well to be rated but us. I think sometimes we are just grateful he is a million times better than Barkas but it doesn't mean we cannot do better and I think we have to find better.

Joe come in and done a good job at the right time but time to find better.

Gut feeling tell me siegrist might have saved that freekick if I am being honest

2. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I want to think, that now we are 12 clear we will start to see one or two fringe players come in to the side a bit more. Iwata, kobi, vata, lawal and even seigrist.

I'm not sure seigrist is the answer, but he deserves a shot.

Hart himself though, he's done great on the whole these two seasons and I'm not actively seeking him to be dropped completely, however with such a lead in the league and the remaining games we are able to bring in a fresh face or two, I think it's fair to ask to see seigrist more.

The Scottish cup however may prevent that from happening too much.

All said, I don't think Hart has been bad of late, shaky moments early in the season, pretty * solid of late. The freekick he is to blame for not getting to it, but it's not like it's a massive blunder that's been building or anything.

We shouldn't be calling for him to be dropped for that.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

craigtheceltic likes this.
  3. honda Gold Member Gold Member

We've more than that sitting around though.

4. celtic warrior

Hear me out, I'm not saying they are equal.

Just the feeling I've had for it all.

Hart has always felt a bit like Gordon for me... I write them off as they were about to sign, they initially go on to prove me wrong within their first season but ultimately the signs are there that they need to be improved upon.

In a way for ms they've always felt like a bit of a stop gap until something better could come along... Hart however has shown a different mentality and professional attitude that has seen him play to decent level for us.

But as I said with O'Riley, playing "decent enough" for us now under Ange ain't going to cut if we seriously want to make inroads in Europe and with that said I wouldn't sell or juat allow Hart to leave, * no chance... if anything I'd want him to stay and retire here. But GK should be seen as the priority position to upgrade.

5. Twisty Champions Again !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    You don't need to spend £5-10m to get a decent keeper.

6. Foley1888

On the freekick I think a Fraser Forster at his probably gets to that with his stature but where it wasn’t near the corner it did just dip under the bar and no more. Not suggesting FF is the answer as he was rubbish with the ball at feet.

Where I could have seen a keeper doing better is on the second, the cross is floated across I feel he could have been a lot more out in Taverniers face for the header or a more agile keeper could have come and took the cross as Tavernier didn’t even have to jump to head it. It was a good ball but didn’t have a lot of pace on it. In reality he ended up in a poor position and made the finish easy.

7. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Don’t really understand this.

Hatate, Kyogo, Johnston and Abada all cost under £5m. Why would we need between £5m and £10m to get a good keeper?

Regardless, we do and will have that money available to spend on a keeper if we need it. We’re getting tens of millions for CL qualification next season. We’ll most likely get the best part of £10m from Frimpong’s sell-on, and we’ll likely sell a couple of players and bring in millions.

8. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    You actually do, and around the upper number you've mentioned at minimum, if you want a keeper that can save shots well, come out at crosses, and participate in build-up comfortably. Being proven at saving penalties further adds to the price tag.

In fact, we might need to spend money from a possible O'Riley/Abada sale on a keeper, without replacing the sold player. Keepers like Forster (pure shot stoppers) are cheaper, but Ange won't budge on his playing style, and a keeper who's just another Hart when it comes to passing the ball under pressure will lead to frustrations.

9. Crilly Hakuhna matata

I like hart I think he’s been great for us. Would like him to stay for another season or two but I think we do need an upgrade at GK tbh…. Especially in Europe. He can make some great saves but sometimes I feel not enough and there can be goals he could’ve stopped. I think towards we should play siegrist against either killie or Motherwell to see how he is looking as I’ve liked him and if he doesn’t seem to be looking likely to start rotating with hart next preseason then to look for a new keeper to fight for the number 1 jersey. This being said I’m still happy and confident with hart as number 1 but just in terms of improving the team or where I see a “weak” spot, it would be GK

10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Of course you don’t. How did we manage to get Johnston for £3m? Hatate for £1.5m. Good scouting.

There’ll be a few keepers kicking around in Scandinavia, Eastern Europe, Asia etc who are good shot stoppers and relatively comfortable on the ball. And they’d be attainable for a fairly cheap fee as well. Absolutely no two ways about it.

Twisty likes this.
  11. Onefootwonder

Joe Hart cost £1m. Why would it cost 5-10x more to get an improvement?

12. James Gold Member Gold Member

I would like to see an improve on Hart for next year but splashing cash doesn't guarantee it by that logic Barkas will be back in next season

13. Twisty Champions Again !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Good scouting trumps spending more money.

Rydo1888* and Officer Doofy like this.
  14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Good scouting and more money though, there’s a winner,

15. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Standout keepers are what we need for Europe. And they don't come cheap. What you're suggesting would do a job in Scotland, but so would Siegrist.

An example of a good Eastern European keeper is Dominik Livaković of Dinamo. He reportedly has a clause in his contract allowing him to go for 10M euros. He still doesn't fit our style well. Under pressure, he boots the ball out to a safe throw in. His claiming of crosses could be better as well, but he's shown improvements.

Imagine how much a keeper who has roughly similar shot stopping ability, but better ball control and reaction to crosses cost to bring.

16. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

Should have saved the free kick the 2nd goal he was let down by the defence

17. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Signing a standout for European football is unrealistic. That goes for any position on the pitch. Is Kyogo a standout in Europe? No, but we'd do well to find a better striker than him.

There's absolutely no way that we can't find a goalkeeper somewhere who would be an improvement on Hart and wouldn't cost a ridiculous fee. We've managed to find defenders, midfielders and forwards who are just about as good as we're likely to find, for good fees. Of course we can find a keeper in that mould.

18. Buster Gold Member Gold Member

Why did you have to say that????? :31:

James likes this.
  19. Pearse67*

Id like to see hart join the coaching setup when he does retire.

20. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I love the guy, and he's still a talented GK, but he shouldn't be going into next season with no competition.

I'd definitely keep him and bring a younger GK to eventually take over. Infact, it should be our priority signing.

Slaw likes this.